dogmama
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,998 Posts

Re:MCF 2012... Picman's official clues and intrigue

[Post New]by dogmama on Nov 11, 12 7:22 AM
Back to misspellings for a moment. As Nix pointed out, an "e" was missing if it meant Shakespeare. There was also the added "un" to relentless even to the point of reinserting it but whiting it out. I have looked over Hondo's last few emails and the only other thing I noticed was the "ly" left off the word correctly when he posted the list. Kind of throwing that one out, but it may be significant.

If you do take UN and E and add an R (which we don't have) then of course you'd get rune.

I did go put in "unely" as a cryptogram but there were many possibles. The words grave and power stuck out.

One more thing, if it IS a runestone that the boy and man are holding and the symbol at the top is not just an artist's addition, then it means "estate, inheritance or possession"

edited to add I do believe we'll hear something from Hondo today .

Edited on 11/11/2012 at 7:23:05 AM PST

Rockingmum
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by Rockingmum on Nov 11, 12 7:36 AM
I'll poke my head in throughout the weekend, but I think you've got enough new material to keep you busy for a while.

I think he meant the Jigsaw puzzle and I fear that I 've spend waaaaayyyy to much time on the Skyfall theme, looking for clues...

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Nov 11, 12 7:39 AM
sunfish09 wrote:Did anyone see TGT Alien town. What I read about the game sounds very similar to some of the guesses we are making about Shadow Lake. It also involves a Tv show and a special agent.

Exactly what I thought, sun!! Just reading the game description I thought..."Were our clues leading to THIS or MCF?" lolol

dogmama - you can actually read/translate the rune in that poster? Them's some good eyes!! I just see blury things that look like carvings

crazycatfish - oh NO another fly drops into the Shadow Lake Virus ointment!!! And moving too? That's unfair on every level!

I fell asleep over my keyboard last nite with the puzzle at 49% - this virus DOES drain you!!!!!

ETA: Rockingmom (simulpost!) - DOH! You're prolly right about the jigsaw puzzle! It sure is time consuming (and sleep inducing )

Edited on 11/11/2012 at 7:41:11 AM PST

Fargosis16
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by Fargosis16 on Nov 11, 12 7:46 AM
We placed them behind bars
and we discovered why they are
We shared priceless moments that will last forever on
We played each game together nights sometimes dusk until dawn

We watched our franchise grow
In the heat of the skull in the chill of dire grove
we and laughed, played, and yearned to reach our goals
we swore that we would defeat our foe

But now that is done
And seeing how far we've come
My tears can't be tamed
Remembering out last few games

I'm not saying I regret it
No I'd never say that
But nostalgia can feel like a knife to your back
Part of me wants time to reverse
For our franchise to go back to the first
No fanbase lasts forever this I know
Technology changes as time goes
But that doesn't mean I'll be inactive
Ill always be a master detective

Games goes by
Ravenhearst is gone
Prepare for tomorrow
For some fun
I'll never forget
I'll always remember
What it used to be and what it still is
Look here is our detective
So eager to stop the evil ones

Listen up cause it's not over
Our time has just begun

Time goes by
Ravenhearst is gone
Prepare for tomorrow
For some fun
I'll never forget
I'll always remember
What it used to be and what it still is
Look here is our detective
So eager to stop the evil ones

Now i see that every post is correct
You just have to know where to direct
Your attention for the theories to connect
We don't have to stop and don't need to compare
we can cherish our memories and continue as players

and look straight ahead but recall whats behind
And compose our ideas with what we can find

Fargosis16
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by Fargosis16 on Nov 11, 12 7:48 AM
shanette1706 wrote:Good morning everyone!

I love jigsaws but I'm up to the nose with work today. Will pass it and save it for the evening (apparently since there aren't any clues in it either - blast!)

I do think the "Albino Banana" is either a rune (most likely) or a talon (of some weird giant birdie )

Will do some more thinking!! And love the s Fargosis. I wish I was gifted with lyric-making. I could kill a cat with my lyrics.

Many cats have been sacrificed to the rhythm

Fargosis16
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by Fargosis16 on Nov 11, 12 8:45 AM
Fourm's being a deep for me right now

dogmama
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,998 Posts

[Post New]by dogmama on Nov 11, 12 8:46 AM
Eoarod~ Only the top one looks like a rune so the whole thing coud be like the book in the 13th Skull preview when we were trying to figure out Phineas Crown's name. But what I see is Othala on top.

Crazycatfishlady~ Hope you're feeling better very soon too!

Rabbit~ How's Baby Bunny?

Hope all the rest are getting better too!!

One last thought...for now . Weirdest things go though my mind when I'm out patrolling the yard (daily chore with four s) . In the game, we're going to use a medium to kind of be a go between between the real and spiritual world (at least as I see it). It's kind of similar to us having Hondo to sometimes connect with Picman. Hondo is the conduit.

SabreQueen
Clownfish
Clownfish
658 Posts

[Post New]by SabreQueen on Nov 11, 12 9:03 AM
dogmama wrote:This is OT but in response to a post and a couple of responses from earlier today and I feel the need to say it. BFG has given us a wonderful by hosting this Spec Thread. Think about it, the number of posters here is miniscule compared to the number of people who will buy this game. It doen't sell more games for them as I'm sure each of us would buy it anyway (or at least try it to see if it's something we like). It's a that makes it so much more fun for the very few who post here. A tremendous amount of work goes into creating and sustaining the thread. Geez, think about how much time Hondo has to set aside to read each and every post. Sure, he's paid for it, but by BFG who wants US to have a good time. So if they post clues on FB, Twitter or even Mars, I'll go there because it's so much fun---for all of us.

THANK YOU for caring so much about those in your Pond !

Thank u dogmama for your post which has crystallized the "problem" I am having w the Spec thread. Why do we do it? Why does BF do it? Cos it's fun! BUT not for "all of us" and that is the issue. I have made a personal & philosophical choice not to be a Facebook-ie and Twitter-ite. That choice automatically excludes me from participating in the bulk of the Speculation. I feel as if I am at this great concert or play and everyone is standing around oohing and ahhing and laughing and clapping at what THEY see but all I can see is their backs and behinds. I have concluded then there is no place for me here now in the Spec thread. and will therefore remove myself. It was fun while it lasted- but it lasted a lot longer than it was fun. Enjoy fishies. G*d bless.

Sabre - Out

MJ_Mystery
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by MJ_Mystery on Nov 11, 12 9:08 AM
Good morning all. Still working on the puzzle while waiting for a clue to pop up. I have 75% of it done and the one I'm working on is the Ravenhearst pic. Once I get it done I'll get our daily countdown song written and posted. I think that earthquakes or mine collapses might be the source of the haunting that is happening in the Shadow Lake story.

[Post New]by gamineannie on Nov 11, 12 9:12 AM
I gave the jigsaw a shot, but couldn't take the tiny pieces (even maximized, they're too small for comfort) any more.

Did you all spot the binary clue lower down on the MCF FB page?

Code reads (for those who don't use FaceBook)

01010100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01100010 01100101 01100111 01101001 01101110 01101110 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01101111 01110010 00100000 01110100 01101000 01110010 00100000 01100101 01101110 01100100 00111111

Ran it through a converter: The beginning or thr end? There's the missing R.

bekair
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by bekair on Nov 11, 12 9:20 AM
KUDOS to all that are "staying & playing" and I also appreciate those that feel this is a LONG STRING with still over a week to go.

I have just been MUSING and remember HONDO (not a HONDA) saying something about the Halloween party having clues?

Looking at the pic's from then I find four CHARACTERS that are interesting.

#1 - The person dressed in kind of a PREDiTOR kind of costume - axe in one hand and two HANDS WITH DIDGITS stuck in the belt.

#2 - A DIDGITAL MAN (pixilated - like a bad TV screen.

#3 - another "DIDGITAL" character - only head & feet pixilated.

#4 - Someone with a face and DIDGETS where a mouth should be and hands (didgits) covered by MITTENS (NOT Rommney).

I have NO idea what these might mean - as I say only MUSINGS.

bbt

bekair
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by bekair on Nov 11, 12 9:24 AM
Both Hondo & picman are "OFFLINE" at the moment.

bbt

Fargosis16
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by Fargosis16 on Nov 11, 12 9:41 AM
I hope every fishie is having a good morning an has enjoyed a delightful breakfast of sick and twisted wheaties and albino bananas

Hondo
Clownfish
Clownfish
588 Posts

[Post New]by Hondo on Nov 11, 12 9:45 AM
mcf_square_eyes wrote:33% done on the puzzle and not sure I want to admit how many minutes..... Ok 111 (inclusive of child wrangling and lunch making) It's a bit of a bummer to read that at it's conclusion there is no amazing revelations, no fanfare, fireworks, sky falling I guess it's just good old fashioned sense of achievement?

Picman, Hondo, would you care to let us know if this is nothing more than a way to keep our fins a flurry?

I wish I could tell you. That post states "There is no mystery here, only a puzzle to be solved." I think that just means the jigsaw puzzle, but I'm honestly not sure. With that, let me just remind you of what I said before...

Hondo wrote:I must warn you all to be careful where you go looking for clues. Not all paths lead to the same destination.

I'll be back later this afternoon, at which point I'll have time to answer a few more questions. Until then...

Go Seahawks!

Hondo

playzmuzic
Minnow
Minnow
250 Posts

[Post New]by playzmuzic on Nov 11, 12 9:46 AM
I know it's a bit off topic, but...
To all our fighting fishies, in honor of veterans day, thank you so much for all you have given to our country.

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Nov 11, 12 10:02 AM
dogmama wrote:

Rabbit~ How's Baby bunny?

Hello from my new Android tablet! Dylan seems to be over his virus and is feeding well again. Thanks again for everyone's well wishes.
He woke me up after 4 hours sleep post jigsaw even though we fed him before sleep, so I have had a 2-part sleep! Just wish it had been worth it.

MJ_Mystery
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by MJ_Mystery on Nov 11, 12 10:06 AM
Just finished the puzzle in 356:16 and that was including a few interruptions. I'll have the daily countdown song up fairly soon.

cadfael
Shark
Shark
10,550 Posts

[Post New]by cadfael on Nov 11, 12 10:12 AM
playzmuzic wrote:I know it's a bit off topic, but...
To all our fighting fishies, in honor of veterans day, thank you so much for all you have given to our country.

ETA: Glad to hear baby bunny is feeling better. Just wish you had gotten more sleep!

Edited on 11/11/2012 at 10:13:24 AM PST

mandi_berg
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by mandi_berg on Nov 11, 12 10:17 AM
After a very busy week, I spent hours last night catching up with the forum, pouring over the awesome pictures on FB and doing a jigsaw puzzle (Thank you - that was fun!).
Seahawk, eh? Seahawks are also known as ospreys and from what I read, possess four very deadly 'digits' or talons to grip their prey (fish). People will build roosts for osprey, and as someone observed in one of the pics on FB, the shadow looks like a crows nest, or perhaps, as I am thinking, maybe a roost for an osprey nest?
With all this talk of talons, digits, and birds of prey, I think Hondo's cheer at the end of his post may be more than a shout out to the Seattle Seahawks. Could be a clue?

Edited for spelling...

Edited on 11/11/2012 at 10:19:49 AM PST

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Nov 11, 12 10:26 AM
gamein - thanks for the binary - we did get it when it came out - but you can never be sure! Things move sooo fast here!

mandi - lol!! It's just so funny how all of our antennae are up! We do look for clues everywhere, don't we? Now what did Hondo mean by the second quoted portion of his post?? Hrm...

Go to: