bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Pocahontas: Princess of the Powhatan forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on May 1, 09 11:00 PM
Welcome to Pocahontas: Princess of the Powhatan forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Pocahontas: Princess of the Powhatan players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Re:Welcome to Pocahontas: Princess of the Powhatan forum

[Post New]by TwintaleMartin on May 2, 09 6:29 AM
This is Martin from Twintale Entertainment.

We have been following the discussions on the difficulty of the game, especially that some of the items were too difficult to find. When developing the game we didn't want it to be too easy either, and this is a fine balance to get just right. We tried hard not to make any of the items too difficult to find, but it seems we failed there anyway with some of the items.

Also, Pocahontas was developed by a very small studio, we're only two people total and an almost $0 budget, so developing a game with the same level of quality as a game like Samantha Swift from one the very big studios is impossible for us. We still hope though, that we have been able to put together a game that the majority of you will enjoy.

We've taken the criticism to heart and will work towards sending Big Fish Games a new version that should have the major part of the difficult items modified. Some people have also reported being "seasick" by the rocking ship, so we will remove this also from the next version. We don't want you getting sick from the game. Last, some people have complained about the large hint circle. We will make this a bit smaller also. However, although the circle is large, the center of the circle is always focused on the item to find, so you do not need to search the whole circle, only around the center.

If there are any other minor changes you'd like to see in this build, please let us know.

I hope you will bear over with us and will enjoy Pocahontas once these things have been corrected.

Edited on 05/04/2009 at 9:13:19 AM PST

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on May 2, 09 6:33 AM
Hi Martin

Thank you for listening to the feedback from BFG customers.

When the new build is ready I will certainly give the game another try.

weeharleyboy
Shark
Shark
13,276 Posts

[Post New]by weeharleyboy on May 2, 09 6:36 AM
Lovely to hear that developers care about our thoughts. I think you've done a pretty good job for a two man team and if you are listening to all the little moans and gripes things can only get better. Look forward to future games - maybe with some mini-games included. Good luck

Momhart
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,296 Posts

[Post New]by Momhart on May 2, 09 6:38 AM
I'm with govegril!!

Thanks Martin!!

slp12272
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by slp12272 on May 2, 09 7:34 AM
TwintaleMartin wrote:
govegril wrote:Hi Martin

Thank you for listening to the feedback from BFG customers.

When the new build is ready I will certainly give the game another try.

Hi govegril, thanks. We will send BFG the build and from there it depends on how quickly BFG will put up the build. The new build will be named version 1.04 and will be displayed on the title screen, so you can be sure you've got the right version.

Hi Martin.

Totally unbelievable! I am very impressed. I, along with numerous other people have complained forever about the DQ Tycoon game and nothing has been done. For a developer to respond personally and react to the complaints is so nice to see. I honestly wasn't going to purchase this game but I've changed my mind. I will be purchasing once the new version comes out! THANK YOU and thank you, as always BFG.

Edited on 05/04/2009 at 9:13:45 AM PST

Momhart
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,296 Posts

[Post New]by Momhart on May 2, 09 7:41 AM
Question is.....

If we download the game again, are we going to get the "Trial Expired" message?

kaby
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by kaby on May 2, 09 7:45 AM
TwintaleMartin wrote:This is Martin from Twintale Entertainment.

We have been following the discussions on the difficulty of the game, especially that some of the items were too difficult to find. When developing the game we didn't want it to be too easy either, and this is a fine balance to get just right. We tried hard not to make any of the items too difficult to find, but it seems we failed there anyway with some of the items.

Also, Pocahontas was developed by a very small studio, we're only two people total and an almost $0 budget, so developing a game with the same level of quality as a game like Samantha Swift from one the very big studios is impossible for us. We still hope though, that we have been able to put together a game that the majority of you will enjoy.

We've taken the criticism to heart and will work towards sending Big Fish Games a new version that should have the major part of the difficult items modified. Some people have also reported being "seasick" by the rocking ship, so we will remove this also from the next version. We don't want you getting sick from the game. Last, some people have complained about the large hint circle. We will make this a bit smaller also. However, although the circle is large, the center of the circle is always focused on the item to find, so you do not need to search the whole circle, only around the center.

If there are any other minor changes you'd like to see in this build, please let us know.

I hope you will bear over with us and will enjoy Pocahontas once these things have been corrected.

Edited on 05/04/2009 at 9:14:07 AM PST

jopell
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by jopell on May 2, 09 10:00 AM
did you also put a "skip" on the minigames....so far i can't get out of the first one, the maze...so i didn't finish playing,
actually i don't purchase any games that don't have this option.

btw....you are fantastic to fix problems so fast, and listen to all on the forum. keep up the good work

[Post New]by TwintaleMartin on May 2, 09 10:14 AM
jopell wrote:did you also put a "skip" on the minigames....so far i can't get out of the first one, the maze...so i didn't finish playing,
actually i don't purchase any games that don't have this option.

btw....you are fantastic to fix problems so fast, and listen to all on the forum. keep up the good work

Thanks! And thank you for the good idea. We were actually thinking about this during development, but didn't find ourselves that the puzzles (including mazes) would be too difficult. Someone has already complained about puzzles being too easy while others are getting stuck. You can never please everyone!

Adding a Skip button should help those finding it harder, so I'll see if we can get a Skip button in on Mondays build as well. Thank you for your input.

ahsten75
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by ahsten75 on May 2, 09 11:28 AM
I had problems finding the ruby (red) on the list, but after getting desperate, I clicked on an emerald (green) and according to the list, that was the ruby.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on May 2, 09 1:20 PM
TwintaleMartin wrote:This is Martin from Twintale Entertainment.

Hi Martin,

Bravo to you and for your efforts! I will definitely consider buying this game when the new build is available, and I look forward to trying it out.

Edited on 05/04/2009 at 9:14:28 AM PST

julie2753
Clownfish
Clownfish
542 Posts

[Post New]by julie2753 on May 2, 09 2:56 PM
Great that you took on board what we fishes had to say, i will give it another go when the version comes out,I might be a litle fish but i do suffer from sea sickness

Nightowl52
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by Nightowl52 on May 2, 09 4:01 PM
WTG Martin

It's great that a developer is actually responding to suggestions here in the forum. This is a definate plus and will encourage me to purchase your games in the future.

I will wait until Monday to try this game but as it is a HO game, and seeing the support given it is one I will be purchasing.

lentenrose
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by lentenrose on May 2, 09 5:38 PM
Locating the items is a challenge, which might not be as frustrating if I were not worried about the 60 minute limit. Got to decide if the game is good before buying it you know. I thought the maze artwork was interesting and solved it with little problem. I have spent more time looking for a rope on the shore .
I think it is one of the better games no matter how many people wrote it.

[Post New]by Manderzrules on May 2, 09 6:22 PM
Well, honestly, I'm tired of the games on here being too easy...seems like they were made for children. However, if I could GET the game to actually PLAY maybe I could comment on the difficulty..."Hardware failed to switch to the specified mode"????

Seriously?

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on May 2, 09 8:20 PM
Manderzrules wrote:Well, honestly, I'm tired of the games on here being too easy...seems like they were made for children.

Mandez, we all are with children's soul - although we are adults. Therefore we complaint like kids, spoiled like kids, and want to be loved like kids...

And that is serious - the truth, the all truth, and nothing but the truth...

Edited on 05/02/2009 at 8:21:27 PM PST

wenjam
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by wenjam on May 3, 09 9:26 AM
I am going to purchase this game. I think it is great that the makers of this game care and want to make the game as enjoyable as they can. That they are willing to listen to what people want.

Brially
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Brially on May 3, 09 7:21 PM
Thank you so much for listening, Martin! I haven't played my trial yet, so I'll just delete it and keep trying next week until I can get the 1.04 version.

Very commendable that a small studio could get a game on BFG!! Wish you all the success in the world!

Brially
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Brially on May 3, 09 9:23 PM
And yes, wenjam--I think I will definitely be buying this one to support such a wonderful company who values our feedback! This is much like Monkey Barrel Games, who just released Hidden in time: Mirror Mirror (another great game!) and came on the boards to hear and act on our feedback.

Thank you to those companies and the others who care what we fishies think!

Go to: