Samantha Swift and the Golden Touch

[Post New]by ladycambs on May 2, 09 5:05 AM
I installed this game and it has totally mucked up my PC. I just get a blank grey screen when I try to load by BFG. It has also made my windows sidebar disappear.
I am also unable to access my email now!!

Any help on this please?

Edited on 05/02/2009 at 5:11:40 AM PST

kishimojun
Stingray
Stingray
4,534 Posts

Re:Samantha Swift and the Golden Touch

[Post New]by kishimojun on May 2, 09 5:12 AM
Welcome to the pond. The very best help I can give you is to suggest you click on the green envelope to the right and contact tech support. They are helpful and friendly.

[Post New]by ladycambs on May 2, 09 5:13 AM
I have tried contacting BFG but I get so far and then it won't let me send the message.

cece2u45
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by cece2u45 on May 2, 09 6:02 AM
I need help also... I am stuck and can't get to another location( I am where you get the golden bread) I have ran my cursor everywhere and no exit.HELP PLEASE.

cece2u45
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by cece2u45 on May 2, 09 6:06 AM
Found the exit,what a dummy I can be

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

Samantha Swift and the Golden Touch

[Post New]by BinLA on May 2, 09 5:00 PM
ladycambs wrote:I installed this game and it has totally mucked up my PC. I just get a blank grey screen when I try to load by BFG. It has also made my windows sidebar disappear.
I am also unable to access my email now!!

Any help on this please?

Restore your computer to a date before you downloaded the game. I had to do that yesterday, not because of BFG, but because Windows did an automatic update to my computer. I wasn't able to access my Outlook e-mail either after they did that.

If you don't know how to do a restore, click on Start, then click on Help and Support. You'll see an option to Restore your computer.

[Post New]by ladycambs on May 3, 09 8:49 AM
Thanks BinLa

I tried to restore my computer but as I am using Windows Vista there was no restore date set before I downloaded the game, so unable to do so.

Any more suggestions please.....

It has totally messed my PC up!

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on May 3, 09 10:03 AM
Windows automatically sets checkpoints that you can restore to. Just click on one of the dates that is bolded. If there isn't one for May, just click back to April.

Go to: