collectors editions

[Post New]by dennisbutler on Dec 27, 14 7:41 AM
just curious, what is advantage of collector over standard edition.
is it worth the extra cost?

twinsoniclab
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,464 Posts

collectors editions

[Post New]by twinsoniclab on Jan 1, 15 7:07 PM
dennisbutler wrote:just curious, what is advantage of collector over standard edition.
is it worth the extra cost?

Sometimes it's worth it for me. But, I don't often pay full price, either member or non-member, for CEs. Like just a few days ago, CEs were only $7.99 for anyone.

For me to pay for a CE it has to have collectibles that are meaningful to the game, not just a collection of items thrown in. Morphing objects are good too. I expect a bonus game that isn't too short, and isn't the "real" ending, but takes the story a different direction, or gives a back story somehow. I won't pay CE price for a short game either. If too many players say it didn't take them more than 4 hours, it isn't worth, to me, double the cost to get a bonus chapter and collectibles.

There are usually extras in the form of screen savers, sound track, art work, etc. I don't use any of those.

Usually the SE is good enough. I think players are eager to play, so don't want to wait a month after the CE release for the SE though. Then, as I said, I will get the CEs when they are on sale.

LaDeeDah
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

Re:collectors editions

[Post New]by LaDeeDah on Jan 2, 15 8:12 AM
A Stragedy Guide is included in the CE games, as well as a Bonus Chapter/Game that either continues the story or is a prequel. In some CE's the Map feature allows more interaction than in standard versions. If you're not interested in Achievements and Collectibles (which really don't add anything to the gameplay IMO) and can get along with using Hints for help, the standard versions should be satisfactory. But the Hint feature is not always comprehensive in standard versions. If you're one who hates to have to Skip mini-games, the CE Strategy Guide is more helpful most of the time. Hope this helps. It's mostly a matter of how much your budget allows. If you want to try a CE, wait for a sale. BFG has been offering all sorts of deals in recent months.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:collectors editions

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Jan 2, 15 11:31 PM
Hi twinsoniclab and LaDeeDah,

Thank you for taking the time to answer dennisbutler's question. To add to the information that's been provided, I've also included a link to the help article below:

Collector's Editions

Since this thread isn't directly related to Haunted Hotel: Death Sentence Collector's Edition, I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread. However, I hope that the answers in this thread have cleared up any confusion regarding the difference between standard version games and Collector's Editions.

Cheers,

bfgWaimea

Go to: