Level 4-1

[Post New]by prissycat on May 2, 09 5:42 PM
Can anyone offer help for level 4-1? There have been times when I almost beat the level and other when I wasn't close at all. This is a strange one.

Re:Level 4-1

[Post New]by Wolf60 on Oct 3, 10 3:07 PM
Have you got pass 4-1. I have been trying for awhile and when close notice game gets sluggish. Would like some clue how to get pass this level.

[Post New]by icp123 on Nov 4, 10 7:26 PM
cant get throught 4-1. Can anyone help?

[Post New]by deiligedaleren on Jan 5, 11 2:32 AM
Can't get past Lever 4-1. I've tried everything, the game tips that pop up when you run out of time aren't too helpful cause I don't understand them. I see there are those who have got past this level (they ask about other levels sooo) Help us lest crafty.

[Post New]by spadesd on Feb 9, 14 8:09 PM
I have gotten past 4-1 a couple of times but when I have to start again it goes back to 4-1 - cant get much farther

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Feb 10, 14 6:18 PM
Here is my strategy for 4-1 from another thread:

In 4-1 the pieces flow from the top, so you want to clear the top blockers first. In boards where the pieces come from the center you would want to work on the blockers near the center. The trick to playing 4-1 is to slip the matching color tile in between the paired blockers in the top rings to start with until you have the upper four rings (rings 5-8, when numbering rings from the center out) completely cleared of blockers. Once the top four rings are moveable, pick a colored blocker in ring 4 and rotate tiles on top of that until you get a M5 with the blocker being the lowest part of the M5 stack. This will give you a ring burst, which you should drop down to ring 2 and use to remove all the blockers in ring 2. You will now have a set of blockers in ring 1 and another in ring 4 of the same colors paired up, with some gaps in between. If you can drop the matching color tiles into the gaps you can get several M4s or M5 to clear all the blockers and get several bursts. You can use the bursts to finish the level faster, or hang on to them for extra bonus points.

The trick to setting up M4 or M5 stacks is to put a non-matching color in between first and then build what will be the top part of the stack, then rotate in the matching tile from another column. For instance, to set up the M5 using the ring 4 blocker to get the ring burst, the pattern is (bottom A in bold is a blocker of that color):

A
A
B A
A
A

When you have the blockers in rings 1 and 4 and want to set up M5s, it's like this:

A
A
B A
A
A

This pattern is a little harder to set up, because you have to do several things: use the gaps in between the blockers to drop a matching tile to ring 2 and rotate it on top of the ring 1 blocker, then drop in/rotate a nonmatching tile on top of that in ring 3 so you don't accidentally make a match too soon. Then if there is not the matching color elsewhere in ring 3 on another column, you'd have to drop in the matching color so it falls into ring 3 someplace else. Then you can either rotate the ring 3 tile between the blockers to create a M4, or to make the M5, first rotate into place the matching tile at ring 5, then rotate ring 3.

A good thread for general tips on playing is here:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/234644.page

Edited on 02/10/2014 at 6:20:34 PM PST

FreeBird01
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by FreeBird01 on Mar 14, 14 2:29 AM
I'm also stuck at level 4-1 after having a simply awful time with level 3-5. So I made 3-5 finally only to get stuck again immediately on 4-1 and if I ever get passed 4-1 I'm sure I'll just be stuck at level 4-2! This is just not my kind of game The only thing that makes me feel better is my husband is normally a great gamer and even he can't do anything with this game!

Edited on 03/14/2014 at 2:29:58 AM PST

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Mar 15, 14 3:41 PM
FreeBird, you have my sympathy, but if the forum posts and videos elsewhere aren't helping, I'm not sure if there's anything else that can help you improve. Looks like you'll have to chalk this up to one of those "nobody is going to be good at everything" situations. At least you tried for a year or two playing, so you got your money's worth, even if you didn't finish the game. If it's any consolation, I suck at a lot of game genres. Hope you find a game that's more enjoyable soon!

FreeBird01
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by FreeBird01 on Mar 16, 14 3:18 AM
Oh I have lots of games I can play and enjoy, but for some reason it's the ones I can't do much with that just keep me coming back I just have to give them another try every now and again. Thanks so much for your sympathy

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Mar 16, 14 8:18 AM
I have a friend who's like that too with her games. You mentioned that your husband tried Zenerchi and couldn't figure it out, but I'm not sure if he went through the tutorials in the game help section first or reads the forum posts here. The game help is really basic and doesn't give the advanced tricks like how to manipulate the gaps in the board effectively, but you pretty much can't "get it" without it. If he wants to pick this game up some more perhaps he can demonstrate how to play the game better than I can.

FreeBird01
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by FreeBird01 on Mar 18, 14 3:44 AM
Believe me my husband wants nothing to do with Zenerchi now! He doesn't even try to play it anymore! He doesn't share my obsession with finishing games. And he feels Zenerchi isn't a "fair" game. The time starts early and many times you get the expert level awarded, but the center has not filled in so you don't get the level won. And I have to say that I agree with him about that!

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Mar 18, 14 8:47 PM
Don't know what to tell you at this point. I've watched the timer circle and although it does appear to start "early" it doesn't seem to be taking away that much time in reality because I sometimes take a couple of seconds to decide on what to do after the board loads, and that doesn't cause me to get more timer warnings. It *is* a completeable game, but as I've mentioned previously we all have different talents.

FreeBird01
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by FreeBird01 on Aug 17, 14 1:57 AM
I came as close as I ever have in completing the level. All I had was one small piece that hadn't been turned to the diamond when time ran out

Edited on 08/17/2014 at 1:58:45 AM PST

Go to: