Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

Warning!

[Post New]by Rhysdux on May 2, 09 9:31 PM
I downloaded the game, and I had a great time with it. Wonderful game, good story, and I'd like to play it again.

Shortly after that playing the game and uninstalling it, however, I ran a scan on my computer.

Samantha Swift and the Golden Touch had delivered the trojan horse Generic 8 to my computer. (And yes, the downloaded files were definitely the source of the problem.)

I removed Generic 8, obviously, but clearly, I can't play a game that endangers my computer.

It's a shame, too, because I really enjoyed it.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

Re:Warning!

[Post New]by prpldva on May 2, 09 9:34 PM
Welcome to the forums, Rhysdux!

You virus scan is giving a false positve. There are no trojans in the games from here.

You should contact your software provider.

Edited on 05/02/2009 at 9:34:46 PM PST

bigwhalez2
Manatee
Manatee
3,945 Posts

[Post New]by bigwhalez2 on May 2, 09 9:34 PM
Hi Rhysdux, welcome to the forums!!! If you would contact Customer Support about this issue, I am very sure (100%) positive that this issue will be resolved and you can once again, enjoy this very excellent game!! Simply just scroll down a bit until you see a green envelope on the right side of the screen. Click on that, send them an email, and Customer Support will help you!!

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on May 2, 09 9:39 PM
I ran a scan yesterday. No trojans popped up. I downloaded the game today, installed it, uninstalled it, ran a scan...and got a report of a trojan.

Occam's Razor says, "Stay with the simple answer." I'm going with the idea that somehow a trojan got slipped into the game. I don't think that Big Fish put it in there, deliberately or accidentally. I don't think that anyone on staff knew it was there. But I do think that it was there.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on May 2, 09 11:47 PM
Believe what you want, but this is an ongoing issue that Big Fish has been working on tirelessly with all the Virus Scan providers. They even have staff dedicated just for this purpose.

Do a search here on False positive, and you will see that there are numerous threads on this topic.

This particular thread was started by the founder of Big Fish himself.

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/15960.page#245720

I agree with Bigwhalz- you should contact tech support and your virus scan provider.

Go to: