I hated this game

cocamp
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

I hated this game

[Post New]by cocamp on May 2, 09 11:05 PM
For one thing it was too hard to SEE!!! And I'm good at hidden objects but you literally couldn't see the objects. Secondly, there is way too much garbage of discussion between the charcters. I just want to look for objects not have to keep hitting the next key a gazillion times.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

Re:I hated this game

[Post New]by Howatch on May 2, 09 11:10 PM
The game developers are working on a new build of this game, to be given to Big Fish next week. They are making changes such as making the objects easier to see, adding a "skip" option for the minigames, and a few other things. They listened to the complaints and are hoping that we will like the new version better.

irishgreen
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by irishgreen on May 3, 09 7:22 AM
I played for about 15 minutes, then deleted. Did not like the game at all.
Maybe the new build will make it better.

mummypops
Koi
Koi
80,817 Posts

[Post New]by mummypops on May 3, 09 7:33 AM
Yes I agree, could not find the objects, so I too deleted, hope the new build will be better.

LaZgram
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by LaZgram on May 3, 09 8:50 AM
I didn't care for the game AT ALL. Sure got the name right with < HIDDEN OBJECT > didn't they. I made it thru 3 & 1/2 scenes and the maze before my 60 was up. Use a hint and it still took 3 minutes to find the object. My cockatiel (Katfood) loved the scene with all the birds singing. She was screeching right along with them. She's a coward and don't like the kitchen so she wouldn't stay in here with me. (yes, kitchen - only room in the house with space to put the desk and pc and I hate it because it's to close to the stove (grease and stuff).) My old eyes had a time finding the few things I did. Didn't want anything I could see.
Will definatley save my $$ on this one. Could be a fun game, the concept is right! Have a headache & eye-strain !

scarletrose
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by scarletrose on May 3, 09 9:21 AM
I made it as far as the church. The dancing lights from the stained glass windows did it for me. Hid items in the rays so you could never find them, even after using hints. Took forever to replenish and flash red for over clicking. Game went bye, bye.

scarletrose
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by scarletrose on May 3, 09 9:26 AM
scarletrose wrote:I made it as far as the church. The dancing lights from the stained glass windows did it for me. Hid items in the rays so you could never find them, even after using hints. Took forever to replenish and flash red for over clicking. Game went bye, bye.
I did not even finish my trial time.

[Post New]by crystalpegasus on May 3, 09 9:29 AM
I too hated this game and I haven't found many hidden objects games from Big Fish that I would say that to. It hurt my eyes to look for objects as the screen is WAY TOO BLURRY and some of the objects are very distorted. I spent 20 minutes looking for a fish and when I finally gave up and used the hint, the fish was so blurry and distorted, I wouldn't have recognized it as a fish if it was the only object in the sceen. Terribly boring dialog as well with a "jumpy" story line.

tcup160
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by tcup160 on May 3, 09 11:15 AM
I won't say I hated the game, it has good potential. I'd like to know who Beta tested this game, they had to be total idiots. I got the mini-game that has the tokens from which you have to pick items from your list. I clicked on Avacado at least 30 times and it wouldn't acknowledge it. The developers apparently don't know red from green, I've never seen a green emerald. I think BFG needs better Beta testers who pay attention to detail. I couldn't see the items on the screen, it was too fuzzy, I used Hints more than I care to.
How does one become a Beta Tester anyhow?

4mybirds4
Salmon
Salmon
2,663 Posts

[Post New]by 4mybirds4 on May 3, 09 11:31 AM
Could have been better, played the hour demo and deleted. Shame too, really not enough HOG's lately, IMO. I love HOG's but this one hit a wrong nerve. Some of the item's were nearly impossible to find. Maybe the "fix" will be better.

[Post New]by SpoliedKats on May 3, 09 12:04 PM
Great, I just downloaded the game to try. I hate games that are dark and hard to see. But, I'll give it a try.

[Post New]by sandyiam on May 3, 09 4:16 PM
Glad to see that I was not the only one having trouble finding things. Made it as far as the ship and gave up. Not fun at all.

frau2106
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by frau2106 on May 3, 09 4:27 PM
I could have done without the ship rolling.....I too could not see the objects. very hard on these old eyes of mine....

[Post New]by birdlady101 on May 3, 09 4:30 PM
I am happy to know others had the same problem with trying to find things. I thought I needed to go see my eye doctor! Hopefully the new version will be clearer...

anonymiss
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by anonymiss on May 3, 09 4:55 PM
I agree with most everyone's assessment - the items were way WAY too blurry. The game has potential, so hopefully the new build will improve things. Otherwise, I'll definitely not be purchasing this game.

loridobs
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by loridobs on May 3, 09 7:02 PM
Sorry, but I think it about time there was a challenge to finding the hidden objects!

[Post New]by Dixietcs1 on May 3, 09 7:07 PM
Liked the idea of the game but hated the boat moving, mad me seasick....lol.
deleted it after 15 minutes.

Brially
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Brially on May 3, 09 7:16 PM
Does anyone know if they are going to announce the new build in the forums and/or on the game page? Luckily I hadn't started my trial when I saw this thread, so I'm not sure when to download the new one. Info is appreciated--thank you!!

twilyght
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by twilyght on May 3, 09 7:19 PM
tcup160 wrote:I won't say I hated the game, it has good potential. I'd like to know who Beta tested this game, they had to be total idiots. I got the mini-game that has the tokens from which you have to pick items from your list. I clicked on Avacado at least 30 times and it wouldn't acknowledge it. The developers apparently don't know red from green, I've never seen a green emerald. I think BFG needs better Beta testers who pay attention to detail. I couldn't see the items on the screen, it was too fuzzy, I used Hints more than I care to.
How does one become a Beta Tester anyhow?

They could have been referring to the cut called 'Emerald' (like an emerald cut Diamond) but since I didnt make it to this scene I have no idea, but there is such a thing as a Red Emerald, although its usually called Bixbite or Red Beryl since the word 'Emerald' is associated with the green variations of this gem...

Red Emerald - A Rare Gemstone
Known also as Red Beryl or Bixbite, the Red Emerald gemstone is the rarest of all beryl gemstones, and is perhaps the rarest of all precious gems in general. For every Red Emerald gemstone in the world, it is estimated there are 150,000 Diamonds, 12,000 Green Emeralds, and 9,000 Rubies. This rareness is a result of the unique conditions under which it was formed. To date, there is only one known location of gem-quality Red Emerald gemstones in the world: The Ruby Violet Mine, in the Wah Wah Mountains of South West Utah, USA.

Despite its rareness and spectacular beauty, Red Emerald is hardly known by the general public, and as a result, is rarely found in jewelry.

"Red Beryl is now - and is likely to remain - the rarest of all gem beryls... Material from the Violet Claims provides both spectacular gemstones and mineral specimens." - Gems & Gemology Vol. XX, 1984 © Gemological Institute of America.

Learn something new everyday

Anyways, I didnt like the game either, and although I know its unlikely, it would be awesome if they would let us re-trial the new version of the game after they make changes.

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on May 3, 09 9:13 PM
Me too! The ship moving up and down made me dizzy, the items were too hard to see, the "hint" covered so broad an area it was impossible to tell what it was pointing to and the dialogue sounded like it was written by a 12-year-old. I don't think they can do enough fixing on this one. Played for possibly 10 minutes and couldn't take it anymore.

Go to: