MJ_Mystery
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

Re:MCF 2012... Picman's official clues and intrigue

[Post New]by MJ_Mystery on Nov 11, 12 10:28 AM
Alright all after finishing that fun puzzle (thanks for the fun ) it is time for today's countdown song.

Eleven days and what have we gone through?
We have had an evil ghost trying to woo
A chilling banshie trying to turn the world icy and blue
A ghost pirate captain who murdered his crew
In MCF this is all we've gone through
With eleven days left riddled with clues

Eleven days until Shadow Lake
With every turn our MCF bus takes
What ghosts will our investigation wake?
On a day during which we cook and bake
Eleven days until Shadow Lake

Elkestra
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,825 Posts

[Post New]by Elkestra on Nov 11, 12 10:50 AM
Jusr finished the jigsaw puzzle - two hours 30 mins - would have been faster, but I'm on my laptop (small screen, and the contrast isn't wonderful).

I seem to keep missing the actual puzzles - you've all solved them (or come to the same speculations) by the time I get to them, but I'm enjoying seeing what I come up with before reading the thread. Hoping Hondo will send me two of the Cube pieces - Twitter refused to give them at the proper size *sigh*

Keep up the good work, all of you. Loving being back in the pond and this thread.

*fin hugs*

dogmama
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,998 Posts

[Post New]by dogmama on Nov 11, 12 11:21 AM
Eoarod wrote:mandi - lol!! It's just so funny how all of our antennae are up! We do look for clues everywhere, don't we? Now what did Hondo mean by the second quoted portion of his post?? Hrm...
Eoarod~ I really think it means what it says. On FB, in answer to a question, MCF posted that there are two moderators for the "immersive experience" we are having leading up to the release of the game. For the most part, what's posted on FB is for there and what's posted in the forum is for here. The exception of course was the cube puzzle pieces that were scattered in different places. WE are the ones bringing it here . So any letters that are omitted, misspelled, etc over there, do not have anything to do with our thread. I don't go to FB very often, so I'm glad that when something is posted there, some kind fishie rushes over here to tell us ! I can go look and not have to sign in. So to those that alert us. I will say that it's my opinion that we have the "better deal" here . We've gotten more clues and ones that seem a little harder so more fun to try and solve. Plus our moderator is much more responsive to us <shhh....don't tell him I said so. We want to keep him on his toes>. In any case, BFG is catering to both our forum and thread and to their FB fans which is only fair. But I think we benefit the most .

Edited on 11/11/2012 at 11:27:04 AM PST

GameLvr30
Stingray
Stingray
4,785 Posts

[Post New]by GameLvr30 on Nov 11, 12 11:55 AM
Thank you and great job to both Crazycatfishlady and Eoarod for keeping track of all the current theories in the thread. I know all the info you have to weed through to get to our collective theories so I just want to say I really appreciate the time and energy you're expending to do those lists for everyone's benefit. WTG!!

I also want to say thanks to all our poets and song writers. You make passing the time between clues so much more enjoyable.

Get better anyone who's under the weather including Picman in case he really isn't feeling well.

Purplerabbit - Glad to hear Dylan is feeling better. I meant to say something to you last night/early this morning about explaining to Dylan that he should work his feedings or diaper changes around the Spec thread clues. I'm sure that would have gone over great with him.

brandy914
Minnow
Minnow
270 Posts

[Post New]by brandy914 on Nov 11, 12 12:02 PM
An hour and 12 min. in and only 49% done. I give up. Have too many things to do. If it was a clue I would stick with it but not just for a puzzle. I am off to play supermom, wish me luck

MJ_Mystery
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by MJ_Mystery on Nov 11, 12 12:02 PM
Just curious Purplerabbit, how old is the little one? By the way I'm glad he's feeling better.

[Post New]by rainingreality3 on Nov 11, 12 12:05 PM
bekair wrote:KUDOS to all that are "staying & playing" and I also appreciate those that feel this is a LONG STRING with still over a week to go.

I have just been MUSING and remember HONDO (not a HONDA) saying something about the Halloween party having clues?

Looking at the pic's from then I find four CHARACTERS that are interesting.

#1 - The person dressed in kind of a PREDiTOR kind of costume - axe in one hand and two HANDS WITH DIDGITS stuck in the belt.

#2 - A DIDGITAL MAN (pixilated - like a bad TV screen.

#3 - another "DIDGITAL" character - only head & feet pixilated.

#4 - Someone with a face and DIDGETS where a mouth should be and hands (didgits) covered by MITTENS (NOT Rommney).

I have NO idea what these might mean - as I say only MUSINGS.

bbt

The Didgital, pixilated characters are GHOULs from the game MINECRAFT. Its a very popular game for the Xbox and computer.

ccalvert2007
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by ccalvert2007 on Nov 11, 12 12:54 PM
I applaud any fishies who managed to comlete the FB jigsaw last night

I took 1 look at it & ran (or should that be swam?) for the hills

Rainbow722
Flounder
Flounder
2,404 Posts

[Post New]by Rainbow722 on Nov 11, 12 1:04 PM
mandi_berg wrote:
<snipped>
Seahawk, eh? Seahawks are also known as ospreys and from what I read, possess four very deadly 'digits' or talons to grip their prey (fish). People will build roosts for osprey, and as someone observed in one of the pics on FB, the shadow looks like a crows nest, or perhaps, as I am thinking, maybe a roost for an osprey nest?
With all this talk of talons, digits, and birds of prey, I think Hondo's cheer at the end of his post may be more than a shout out to the Seattle Seahawks. Could be a clue?

Wondered that too right away! Only thing is they are diurnal--sleep during the day so would not be "bird of prey that owns the night "

zoogal
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by zoogal on Nov 11, 12 1:16 PM
gamineannie wrote:I gave the jigsaw a shot, but couldn't take the tiny pieces (even maximized, they're too small for comfort) any more.

Did you all spot the binary clue lower down on the MCF FB page?

Code reads (for those who don't use FaceBook)

01010100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01100010 01100101 01100111 01101001 01101110 01101110 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01101111 01110010 00100000 01110100 01101000 01110010 00100000 01100101 01101110 01100100 00111111

Ran it through a converter: The beginning or thr end? There's the missing R.

I guess that confirms the clue is Rune. Sorry I'm late to the party I'm trying to play catchup.

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Nov 11, 12 1:21 PM
ccalvert2007 wrote:I applaud any fishies who managed to comlete the FB jigsaw last night

ccal - Did ya ink it first???

zoogal - No worries! Today is probably THE best day to catch up!!

Rainbow722
Flounder
Flounder
2,404 Posts

[Post New]by Rainbow722 on Nov 11, 12 1:23 PM
Did everyone do the second puzzle? Smaller. Link under the first in comments

atsfgal
Minnow
Minnow
223 Posts

[Post New]by atsfgal on Nov 11, 12 1:23 PM
I bet Hondo is enjoying that Seahawks game just about now....touchdown 4 minutes into the game!

dogmama
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,998 Posts

[Post New]by dogmama on Nov 11, 12 1:24 PM
zoogal wrote:
gamineannie wrote:I gave the jigsaw a shot, but couldn't take the tiny pieces (even maximized, they're too small for comfort) any more.

Did you all spot the binary clue lower down on the MCF FB page?

Code reads (for those who don't use FaceBook)

01010100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01100010 01100101 01100111 01101001 01101110 01101110 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01101111 01110010 00100000 01110100 01101000 01110010 00100000 01100101 01101110 01100100 00111111

Ran it through a converter: The beginning or thr end? There's the missing R.

I guess that confirms the clue is Rune. Sorry I'm late to the party I'm trying to play catchup.
Welcome to the Party Zoogal . That's not confirmation for rune unfortunately as that was posted on FB. The UNE have been by Hondo in this thread. Remember he said not all paths lead to the same destination. So if you find a missing R from his posts, that would be it !

ccalvert2007
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by ccalvert2007 on Nov 11, 12 1:50 PM
Eoarod wrote:
ccalvert2007 wrote:I applaud any fishies who managed to comlete the FB jigsaw last night

ccal - Did ya ink it first???

zoogal - No worries! Today is probably THE best day to catch up!!

OOOO I'm a squid!!! Yay

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Nov 11, 12 2:02 PM
Rainbow722 wrote:Did everyone do the second puzzle? Smaller. Link under the first in comments

Didn't see it - but someone mentioned an MCF Badge puzzle...is that the one you mean?

Addreamy
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by Addreamy on Nov 11, 12 2:03 PM
Fargosis16 wrote: We placed them behind bars
and we discovered why they are
We shared priceless moments that will last forever on
We played each game together nights sometimes dusk until dawn

We watched our franchise grow
In the heat of the skull in the chill of dire grove
we and laughed, played, and yearned to reach our goals
we swore that we would defeat our foe

But now that is done
And seeing how far we've come
My tears can't be tamed
Remembering out last few games

I'm not saying I regret it
No I'd never say that
But nostalgia can feel like a knife to your back
Part of me wants time to reverse
For our franchise to go back to the first
No fanbase lasts forever this I know
Technology changes as time goes
But that doesn't mean I'll be inactive
Ill always be a master detective

Games goes by
Ravenhearst is gone
Prepare for tomorrow
For some fun
I'll never forget
I'll always remember
What it used to be and what it still is
Look here is our detective
So eager to stop the evil ones

Listen up cause it's not over
Our time has just begun

Time goes by
Ravenhearst is gone
Prepare for tomorrow
For some fun
I'll never forget
I'll always remember
What it used to be and what it still is
Look here is our detective
So eager to stop the evil ones

Now i see that every post is correct
You just have to know where to direct
Your attention for the theories to connect
We don't have to stop and don't need to compare
we can cherish our memories and continue as players

and look straight ahead but recall whats behind
And compose our ideas with what we can find

nice adaptation, Fargosis - that's originally the Cutie Mark Crusader song, isn't it?

cadfael
Shark
Shark
10,550 Posts

[Post New]by cadfael on Nov 11, 12 2:04 PM
Eoarod-that's it. Look in the comments under the mansion puzzle.

MJ_Mystery
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by MJ_Mystery on Nov 11, 12 2:08 PM
Rainbow722 wrote:Did everyone do the second puzzle? Smaller. Link under the first in comments

I did! I finished it in 7:51 much better than my time for the Ravenhearst puzzle.

manndiee
Stingray
Stingray
5,395 Posts

[Post New]by manndiee on Nov 11, 12 2:12 PM
Eoarod wrote:Fargosis -

Ohhhh 'Tussin & vodka - yep - that'll do it...mind am out of 'Tussin *sigh* off to the store.

For your fishie viewing pleasure: we have a Jane Doe mystery marathon on HMC (for US fish - sorry international fishies!!) if you want your fill of Lea Thompson today....or Ghostly Encounters on BIO - choices, choices!!

Net is still crabbeh today - been d/l TGT for 2 hours & is at 34% - this best be fixed by the time MCF comes out, or I'll be taking a drive down to the ISP place of business!!

I'm pretty sure the library would be cranky about letting me in at 12:01 am to d/l a game...

OK - back to lining up allll our clues and looking for SOME one thing that may tie them all together...each clue seems to fit one or two of our theories - but I can't find a line that seems to connect allll of them...I'm sure 'Tussin & vodka will help with that too!

Maybe the line is crooked??

Go to: