What is the purpose of "Paige's influence" ?

[Post New]by fabulaparva on Dec 29, 14 4:14 AM
Hi, all

I'm just wondering about this:
At the end of each day you'll see numbers for Paige's Negative and Positive Influence. Is there any other point to this except to summarize how many customers she made smile and how many customers she annoyed during the day by crawling from table to table?

I don't see any trophies related to these numbers.

blackbirdess
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

Re:What is the purpose of "Paige's influence" ?

[Post New]by blackbirdess on Jan 1, 15 5:25 AM
Hi there,

one of the disappointing things about this game is that Paige's influence makes no difference at all really. If the people don't like her it can mean the level is harder to complete as you lose hearts when she annoys them, and also you have to keep running around picking her up which takes time.

The the customers do like her it can help keep them happy a bit longer but I find that just makes them hang about longer and makes the level harder too.

I resorted to getting the play block and making sure she was distracted all the time so I didn't have to worry about what she was up to.

[Post New]by fabulaparva on Jan 2, 15 3:08 AM
Thank you for the reply, Blackbirdess!

I've come to pretty much same conclusions as you have: Paige's influence doesn't matter. She seems to be there just to add a bit to the difficulty of the game, but her annoying customers or making them happy has very little effect if at all. The performers can be easily used for raising the hearts back up. I haven't seen that a lot of negative influence would, for example, change the forecast of customers coming in the next day. It would be fun to be able to get more Foodies (with higher tips) in on level 2 than Hipsters just by allowing Paige to annoy as many Hipsters as possible.

blackbirdess
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by blackbirdess on Jan 2, 15 4:05 AM
That would be an interesting outcome! I hope in the next games if they do add more thinks like this they'll make something worth using them for.
I was quite upset when I got to the end of the game and realised the baby (which was the main drawing point) didn't actually affect game play.

Go to: