bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Castle Secrets: Between Day and Night

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Dec 30, 14 12:29 AM
The Prophecies that predict the End of Days are coming true. The ancient order of the Hildegards, have been fighting the forces of Evil since the beginning of time but they are now on the brink of defeat.

The Head of the Order, Aaron Hildegard is betrayed and kidnapped by his own brother. Beasts that have once remained hidden are creeping out of every crack. Most of the Knights have either fallen or they’ve been captured. It feels as though there is no hope...

However the Prophecy states that one day, a chosen hero will arrive to the castle of the once great Order. He will find the ancient weapon and turn the tides of war.

Explore a castle full of secrets and save the world!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Castle Secrets: Between Day and Night

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 30, 14 12:56 AM
At last !! A game that plays like a F2P HOG, but one that I can buy.

Although the BF logo and the dev's name appear in widescreen on my laptop, the actually game itself only comes in full screen.

You can turn the sound and music up and down, but you have to use the custom cursor, which is a decent size.

I am loving this game. You get Floaters, which you can get rid of, and get stuff from them in exchange, many of which are needed to make Collections.

You get Quests, first only from the butler, but later on from other characters, who reside also inside the big house or somewhere else.

You will also be able to visit the North Pole - all very Christmas-like that part. Am looking forward to going there - once I can afford it.

The HOS so far were of lists and silhouettes. Each time you get 4 items to search for. You can go to the Shop and buy different objects to help you search a room.

With the HOS comes a timer - just like in other F2P HOGs. But since you are only looking for 4 items, there is oodles of time to get them. At least, for now there are only 4 items. But the timer is pretty generous.

And as with those F2P HOGs, sometimes you go into a HOS in "Nighttime" mode. I am sure that, later on, there may be other modes for the HOS, but the daytime and nighttime are the only ones I have encountered so far.

This is definitely a buy for me. At last a game that plays like those F2P HOGs, but one that I can buy, and not have to worry about "no connection" or "gifting" or "all my inventory is on Cloud 9" ...so I can't restart the game from scratch - as was the case with "Midnight Castle".

feegee
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by feegee on Dec 30, 14 2:40 AM
Great BFG...... This new game has been out for months....

Edited on 12/30/2014 at 2:45:18 AM PST

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Dec 30, 14 10:59 AM
I've never played F2P games before. I quit like this game. Please don't find this question ignorant...when I purchase items....is Big Fish charging me Real Money...with this game? Like on-line?

If I buy the game....will it cost me more to move up levels?

I'm really enjoying this game...and I Highly Recommend at least giving it a free try.

I never thought I would like these type of games...and never tried one...because I like to own the whole game. But, it's quit fun!

Thanks,
Happy New Year to Everyone!
Lisa

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 30, 14 6:30 PM
Lisa... you earn gold coins in the game, with which you buy stuff from the in-game store. Unlike with F2P games, you do not buy things with real money.

--- --- ---

There is just one thing that puzzles me: on the main game page it says among others:

Select Gameplay Modes

But there is nowhere that I can select a gameplay mode.

[Post New]by surpr1z1ng on Dec 31, 14 2:01 AM
Valdy, I also could not see anything about gameplay modes. Perhaps it refers to choosing text, shadow or night modes for each room.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 31, 14 2:45 AM
Thanks for the reply surpr1z1ing...

That would explain it, because you don't have to choose night mode if you don't want to, and can enter a certain room next time, when there is a different mode.

I am now on level 28 !!

[Post New]by miss_marigold11 on Dec 31, 14 3:31 AM
Does anyone know how many levels there are?

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Dec 31, 14 12:08 PM
Valdy...Thanks for answering my question. I really like this game. And hope more people give it a chance.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

BFFirefly
Clownfish
Clownfish
540 Posts

[Post New]by BFFirefly on Jan 1, 15 5:29 PM
I wasn't sure if I would like the game after reading the reviews but decided to give it a chance. This game really does have the feel of a F2P to me too. It reminds me a little of Agency 33 with the roaming minions and HO scenes. While I've been sure to use the tutorial, sparse but there, I am not understanding how to assemble Collections. I have 2 quests that require a Collection but I am clueless. I understand that I need to enter the opened rooms to get all the items for the Collection but after clicking on the Collection icon and even finding the correct collection, I am lost. Would anyone understanding Collections be willing to explain it a little further? I have 17 minutes left on the demo but I won't purchase the game without knowing how to play that part of it. Since it's integral to the game to advance, I need to know what I'm doing or I will never get past level 11.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 1, 15 7:03 PM
BFFirefly... when you have all the objects needed for the collection, you still need to have those 2 items next to them, those that are on top of each other. If one or both of them has a red square around them, it means you still don't have the object(s) needed.
Click on the 2 objects in the squares, and they will come up in close-up. Now you can buy the ones that are still needed (click on the amount of money below them), and then you can click on "Trade".
Or you can just wait until you may get them from the floaters or from the rooms.

Hope this helps.

BFFirefly
Clownfish
Clownfish
540 Posts

[Post New]by BFFirefly on Jan 1, 15 8:04 PM
Thank You Valdy. That was very helpful. I am indeed missing one of the items on the "2 items next to them" because I recall the Trade button and the "red square" around one. I will give it another try and see if I can advance further before the demo time runs out. I'd like to give the rooms I've opened so far and the floaters one more try before buying the item, if I don't get it. I think what was throwing me off is I was obviously picking up items "in" the collection and the popup window would tell me I had enough for that Collection. Thinking too much like Midnight Castle, I was looking to craft that darn thing when in reality I didn't have all that was needed outside of the actual items in the Collection.

ETA: That was it Valdy. Thank You! I was able to complete the quest after ensuring I had "everything" I needed to Trade the Collection. I played until the demo ran out and am purchasing the game. It really does remind me a bit of Agency 33. I liked that game but it became a little too tedious for me and I quit. Castle Secrets will be a nice substitute as a stand alone game and not F2P. Thank you again for your help!

Edited on 01/01/2015 at 8:36:14 PM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 1, 15 9:09 PM
You are very welcome, BFFirefly. I am glad you got it sorted out.

DrDavid
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by DrDavid on Jan 6, 15 7:47 AM
miss_marigold11 wrote:Does anyone know how many levels there are?

I do not know, but I am on level 48 and am stopped by technical difficulties.

[Post New]by ramplin19 on Jan 21, 15 12:56 PM
I am on level 52 but want to know if the game ever finishes or am I now just going over old ground?

hvn1sent
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by hvn1sent on Feb 23, 15 2:45 PM
I agree ramplin 19, I am on level 56.

raindear82
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by raindear82 on Jun 3, 15 10:18 AM
I reached level 63. I managed to get all the collections, then I played two more hours to see what would happen. I am still on level 63, nothing happened to indicate an end to the game. At this point, I am willing to quit unless someone can indicate a way to end the game. All collections achieved is the only thing I could think of to end the game and it didn't work.

Go to: