Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Castle Secrets: Between Day and Night here!

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Dec 30, 14 12:59 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 12/30/2014 at 5:44:58 AM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Castle Secrets: Between Day and Night here!

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Dec 30, 14 5:45 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Castle Secrets: Between Day and Night here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, as do the developers as well as your fellow gamers. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Castle Secrets: Between Day and Night.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM any one of our Moderators.

bfgWaimea

GameLvr30
Stingray
Stingray
4,785 Posts

[Post New]by GameLvr30 on Dec 30, 14 8:21 AM
I tried this game but it's just not for me. There are WAY too many hidden object scenes for my taste. It honestly feels like a step back in time to play these types of games.

I wish developers would stick to making games that are adventure heavy (collecting objects and solving puzzles) instead of ones that are simply HO scene after HO scene. Unfortunately, this game just doesn't hold my attention so I will not be purchasing it.

TeachumWell
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by TeachumWell on Dec 30, 14 12:18 PM
At first glance the game made little sense but following the beginning directions, thinking "outside the box" and being patient will reward you with a fun, mysterious and imaginative game. The story and game are intertwined and solving minor (and not so minor) quests does move the plot along. As noted elsewhere, the HO's start simply but don't stay that way. Killing villains is useful for rewards, cash and your reputation as a hero. The graphics are quaint but clear and somehow the "old-fashioned" feel of the game fits it's medieval theme very well. Come to it with an open mind which overlooks the flaws (very minor, i.e. some fuzzy objects) and you may find yourself hooked. Gotta go back now as there's still a few vampires to get rid of!

shian1
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by shian1 on Dec 30, 14 12:30 PM
It is probably me, but I don't understand the game. So far I have visited the first three rooms several times, bought a couple of tools. but not sure what I am supposed to be doing. I have clicked on the images that move around and bought and killed but nothing seems to happen. Can anyone throw any light on this please as I am sure it is a good game. I like the hidden objects and can see that there is a timer.

[Post New]by miss_marigold11 on Dec 30, 14 1:10 PM
I have to say I am hooked on this silly game. I am at level 12 and really had to force myself to leave to feed the dogs and think about dinner for people. I find that the longer I play the more jumpy the castle scene becomes, or rather I should say too touchable, I hope that is not a sign of things to come.
I do suggest if you are confused (I was a lot at the onset) start again and slowly follow all the text and suggestions and what is going on will suddenly dawn upon you.
The fact that you don't seem to ever run out of energy is great and nobody asking for money to buy diamonds or gold is even better. I do wish there wasn't a timer on the hidden object scenes but one can't have everything.
Give it a chance, it's well worth it.

Gojira2006
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,183 Posts

[Post New]by Gojira2006 on Jan 1, 15 6:04 AM
It's a weird game, that plays like one of those horrible free-to-play games that reside at you-know-where . . . But after I played it for a while, it started to make sense, & became highly addictive . . . The hidden object scenes increase in difficulty, & the tasks & quests become more interesting, all in conjunction with earning experience . . . If you can get over the less than stellar instructions - such as they are & poorly written at that - it actually becomes fun, even with those monster icons floating around the castle causing nausea for those of us with motion sickness issues . . .

[Post New]by ramplin19 on Jan 2, 15 11:40 AM
This game had mixed reviews, however I persevered with the trial and had to buy it as by then I was hooked. You need to be patient and build up your cash and inventory through visiting and revisiting the rooms, killing monsters and fulfilling challenges and collections. HOS whilst there are repeats also change through three modes - text, shadow and night, which adds new dimensions, also the objects change and as you build up experience it gets more difficult. You do need to be creative and visit the right rooms: also not everything is done at the first attempt so you have to retry. I am now at level 48 and totally hooked. Been playing for three days of hols so lots of hours and no sign of the game being finished. I suspect it is not for everyone but recommend you try it and for at least the full hour of the trial so that you can see how it develops and evolves. A clever game. I still have loads of collections to complete so looking forward to many more happy hours.

mogadon
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by mogadon on Jan 2, 15 6:47 PM
Read the reviews but decided to try this game anyway. Love, love, love it. Didn't find it hard to follow for me ... must be my weird mind synchs with theirs.
and if you just press on the "?" button, after huge back stories for all the characters there's an explanation of all the parts of the game ... told me what some stuff was for I hadn't figured out yet. Had a baaad New Year's but 8 hours of play today (and nowhere near done) has quite brightened my spirit. Not at all like the witch who is trying to fill the world with evil games that others may prefer, bit so glad not to have another puppy-eyed child in danger game myself.

moonryu
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by moonryu on Jan 4, 15 10:34 AM
I like this game -- a lot.
I was really tired of having to worry about energy and such, which limits game play that other similar games have. Thank you for doing this.

My only real complaint and it is a small one, is that when you are looking for items in a collection, you can't click on that needed item in the collection screen display and be taken directly to the HOS room you need to find it.

And a few suggestions:
1) As this game doesn't require energy, removing all the various pop up windows that mention energy, as well as the energy bar and such. Those are simply distracting.
2) Alphabitze/sort the collection list and if possible show a list on the primary display and then when the collection is clicked popup/display what is needed.
3) It would be nice if the inventory screen showed the list of completed collections that are ready to be used to complete quests.
4) Show what mode the crypt is in on the main window/display.

Barrh
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by Barrh on Jan 18, 15 5:33 AM
This game is addictive. Energy is not limitless since it depletes faster at the higher levels. I am on level 62 and it seems not to be evolving much at this point. The main reason is that I seem to have collected many of the things that are supposed to help build the "portal" but I can't find out when or how that opportunity will arise. I believe the portal is required to progress further so for the past dozen hours or so I have been accumulating money, continuing to find objects and hoping to finish off several collections that are yet to be finished yet the objects to complete may very well need access to portal. Would be interested in knowing if anyone has yet found the portal and how this was achieved. For now, I will continue in my attempt to increase levels and collections to see if I come across the portal.

Go to: