bfgCelebes
Flounder
Flounder
2,038 Posts

New build available - UPDATE - May 6th, 2009

[Post New]by bfgCelebes on May 5, 09 11:52 AM
A new build of Pocahontas: Princess of the Powhatan is now available on Big Fish Games. This build resolve a number of text and functional issues, including a black screen when attempting to start from the beginning again after completing the game.

To get the latest build of this game, just uninstall it from your Game Manager then reinstall it from your Purchase History. You can find instructions on uninstalling and reinstalling by clicking on this link.

UPDATE!

As of May 6th, 2009, build version 1.04 is live on our site. This build has been released in order to some grammar issues.

We do have another build on the way to correct other issues as well. We'll post another update as soon as the next build is available.

Happy gaming!

Edited on 05/12/2009 at 5:21:49 PM PST

Brially
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

Re:New build available - May 5th, 2009

[Post New]by Brially on May 5, 09 12:29 PM
I'm assuming if we haven't purchased that the new build is available from the regular download screen? I was told it should say 1.04, but I downloaded it and didn't see that anywhere on there. Can you please clarify whether the trial is also the new build? I held off downloading and buying b/c of the issues. Thanks!

Brially
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Brially on May 5, 09 12:53 PM
OK, just tried to play the download from the site and I was encountering the hard-to-find objects, seasickness and inability to skip minigames, all of which were the original problems...so it seems BFG has not updated the game page site with the new build. Can you please advise when this will occur so I can actually try the real version of the game rather than waste time with the old version? I just don't think I should have to buy it in order to play the new build (though I plan on buying it, I really cannot handle the seasick boat scenes ). I would appreciate any information.

[Post New]by nunjot on May 5, 09 3:47 PM
Unfortunately it still says 1.02. does not appear to be the updated version.

Brially
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Brially on May 5, 09 4:04 PM
ATTN: BFG

It's time for a yellow post here...why are you only offering an updated version to people who have already bought the game??

We deserve to be able to TRY this game with its new build without having to blindly buy it (though I support the developer for being open and getting a release to you so soon). BFG seems to be epically failing and costing these poor developers revenue by not updating the build available for trial.

Please fix this immediately...this has been up all day with NO response. This is not acceptable to your customers OR to the developers who worked so hard only to lose out on sales because of your failure to do something like--update the page.

Developers: I would talk with BFG immediately about this since they have NOT done what they said they would for you.

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on May 5, 09 5:24 PM
We apologize for the confusion here. Everyone, regardless of whether or not it is purchased, is able to download the same version of the game. When the game was first made available on our website, it was version 1.00. Earlier today, we made version 1.02 available for everyone to download. We now have a new version of the game that should be available as soon as we finish testing it to make sure that it is free from errors. Again, we apologize for the confusion. As soon as the new version is available, we will post an announcement in this forum.

Brially
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Brially on May 6, 09 7:45 AM
Thank you--sorry but the developer told us it would be 1.04 and when I tried the game the issues were still there. I just don't want to see a company lose revenue when they have worked so hard at this. Plus, I want to play the new version

bfgCelebes
Flounder
Flounder
2,038 Posts

Re:New build available - UPDATE - May 6th, 2009

[Post New]by bfgCelebes on May 6, 09 4:03 PM
Hi everyone,

I've gone ahead and edited the first post to include an update about 1.04. We'll be sure to post here again as soon as the next build goes live.

Cheers!

~~~bfgCelebes~ ~~~

[Post New]by actsay on May 9, 09 11:16 AM
I just downloaded the game again and the version I downloaded says version 1.02. How do I download version 1.04? Does anyone know?

[Post New]by traveler50 on May 9, 09 4:17 PM
I can't honestly remember when I tried the download, but the cursor was jumpy and froze whenever it wanted to. Is it possible to redownload and try the game again? or do I have to buy it sight unseen..............

meanbusiness
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by meanbusiness on May 13, 09 9:50 AM
Today is May 13th, and I re-downloaded the trial version of this game and the same problems are still there, the rocking ship etc. So what am I missing? I do not want to buy until I see the corrected demo.......

darkstarr
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by darkstarr on Nov 23, 09 11:49 AM
Brially wrote:OK, just tried to play the download from the site and I was encountering the hard-to-find objects, seasickness and inability to skip minigames, all of which were the original problems...so it seems BFG has not updated the game page site with the new build. Can you please advise when this will occur so I can actually try the real version of the game rather than waste time with the old version? I just don't think I should have to buy it in order to play the new build (though I plan on buying it, I really cannot handle the seasick boat scenes ). I would appreciate any information.

darkstarr
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by darkstarr on Nov 23, 09 11:51 AM
Brially wrote:OK, just tried to play the download from the site and I was encountering the hard-to-find objects, seasickness and inability to skip minigames, all of which were the original problems...so it seems BFG has not updated the game page site with the new build. Can you please advise when this will occur so I can actually try the real version of the game rather than waste time with the old version? I just don't think I should have to buy it in order to play the new build (though I plan on buying it, I really cannot handle the seasick boat scenes ). I would appreciate any information.

I just downloaded it and it is fine, today is Nov 23.Try again.

Go to: