Valyna
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

Level 18 - Stone workbench?

[Post New]by Valyna on Dec 30, 14 2:30 PM
Strategy guide says (4th line down):

"...build the stone workbench and use it."

There is no stone workbench (unless I am just missing it...) The only workbench I see is a tool workbench (on that particular island).

I googled level 18 and found a video, and the tool workbench that is on MY screen is a stone workbench on the video walkthrough.

?????????????

Help!

Re:Level 18 - Stone workbench?

[Post New]by clpunchie on Dec 30, 14 8:37 PM
Mine is the same way which is making it difficult to win the level. Does anyone have some advice on how to win if you have a tool workbench and not a stone workbench?

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Dec 30, 14 10:08 PM
I noticed this problem last night when I was playing and I almost posted about it then. It took me two hours and it was close, but I did get through the level with gold. The first hour I tried on my own. It wasn't until I went to youtube and the help area in the game that I realized my benches were different. Basically, I think the buildings are the same, but in different order.

Going from memory here because I have no desire to revisit the level, what I did was to get the benches built that gave me items first. I also used the +item in the beginning to get a little ahead on the tools and wood. For a while, I was ignoring the worker hut on the bottom island, but building it was the thing that helped me get the gold. I made sure to get the diver hut built soon so I could get him started on clearing the reeds, etc. I also made sure to collect the chest on the bottom island.
Another thing that really helped was getting to the island on the right as soon as possible to build the seed benches.

If no one else posted a detailed list of what to do, I'll go back and play it again. Hopefully the bit above helps some.

Edited on 12/30/2014 at 10:09:09 PM PST

[Post New]by xXxJdZanexXx on Jan 8, 15 8:03 PM
I thought I was going crazy! It isn't just the stone bench, if you look at the picture carefully, you'll see that the location of the dive shack and worker shed are swapped I think and a few other differences. I just found this youtube video that says it gets gold, I'm going to watch it and take notes and I'll post if it works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi_8korJlzk

Go to: