Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Revived Legends: Titan's Revenge Collecter's Edition

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jan 1, 15 12:36 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 01/01/2015 at 12:37:40 AM PST

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Revived Legends: Titan's Revenge Collecter's Edition

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Jan 1, 15 12:37 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Revived Legends: Titan's Revenge Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Revived Legends: Titan's Revenge Collector's Edition .
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgVaiya

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Revived Legends: Titan's Revenge Collecter's Edition

[Post New]by JulieJay on Jan 1, 15 6:12 AM
Revived Legends: Titan's Revenge CE

Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure

Second in the series:

(1) Road of the Kings.

Graphics crisp and clear

Difficulty Levels - there are 4 including a custom level

Voiceovers clear but a bit "yawn" slow.

Hidden Object Scenes - find by word list / shadow / interactive OR you get the option to do match 3 instead

Collectibles - throughout the game, but not in every scene, there is something to find --- SPOILER >>>>>> statutes <<<<<<< HIGHLIGHT TO READ

Achievements - quite a few but some I don't class as an "achievement" as it's part of the gameplay

Map - shows where you are and where you have things to do - transportable.

My opinion: I'm really not sure about this one... didn't keep me interested and I felt like I was just plodding along.

katycoogan
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by katycoogan on Jan 1, 15 8:46 AM
Not particularly liking this game. Can't quite put my finger on why. Rather boring. One question I have is for the collectibles. In the SG they are called "morphing" objects. Mine were not morphing. They were just "there". Am I missing something?

[Post New]by biscuitsmama on Jan 1, 15 9:19 AM
On your way to enjoy a well-deserved vacation you run smack dab into the middle of another archeological catastrophe. This time a titan has been released upon the world to wreak havoc with the ancient Greek Gods and may just destroy the world in the process.

The graphics are just so-so and I have come to expect more than rather cartoonish characters in my games. The voice-overs are passable but just barely. I think that today we are asking for a bit more realism in our game characters and some developers can do it so well. I for one would rather have no voiceovers in a game than some that are so out of character that it is ludicrous.

There is a unique tool, the Amulet of Time, which allows us to travel between times. The only other tool of importance is the interactive transporter type map but I could not find a journal so I guess it’s not needed. There is a task icon included on the side of the inventory box that keeps track of your current goal.

There are various types of interactive HOPs, most of which are the standard list type with a bit of interaction. The HOP in the fruit stand has been changed since the beta and I was rather disappointed with the replacement game. IMHO it’s too bad that the developer changed it from a fun puzzle to a bland silhouette scene. There are a couple of interesting puzzles early in the game but most are only okay and rather predictable.

Statues of the Gods (21) are hidden throughout the game so you will need to keep your eyes open to find them.

In the end, this second offering in the Revived Legends series should have stayed buried. This game is the start of a new year and follows closely on the heels of what was a rather bland year for HOPA games, so I hope this game doesn’t set the tone for 2015. This is just my opinion but I would like to see developers stop chewing up memory, disk space, and download time with the inclusion of so many worthless cut scenes. IMHO, these cut scenes often add very little to the game and take away from the great gameplay that once was the basis of HOPA games. Maybe sometimes less is more! I don’t need glitzy cinematics when I play a game; I want great HO scenes and intriguing puzzles, with a good story and lots of adventure. Please developers return to the basics by adding substance to your games rather than useless cut scenes. Wishing all of you a very happy 2015 filled with great games.

Pickles77
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by Pickles77 on Jan 1, 15 11:58 AM
Sorry, don't like this one at all ....not up to the usual standards, imo.....graphics are okay but the theme, well, is boring to me.....lasted about 20 mins before I exited and deleted....maybe the next one will be better....I hope.....

luciusm
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

Really Good!

[Post New]by luciusm on Jan 1, 15 1:39 PM
Okay, this is only about the 3rd time I've posted a review, even though I've
played dozens of games through Big Fish.
Naturally I have my favorites, and this game is now one of them.
It's beautiful looking, and has an interesting story line. You get to save
characters along the way. You also get lots of help from them.
I don't want to post spoilers, so I will only add that there were no technical problems for me.
IMO this is a winner.

catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Jan 1, 15 5:44 PM
The story was uneventful, with boring and easy game play. The adventure component of this game was almost nonexistent and one of the worst I've ever seen. For a more detailed review, check the game page tomorrow, but my conclusion basically sums up my feelings:

"Well, this is only the first CE of 2015, but if this is a pattern of what's going to be on offer, I'm not looking forward to it. We're only a day in to the year, but I can already tell this will be one of the worst games of 2015. I cannot give it any more than 1 star and I hope my review will save you from wasting your time with this. "

Edited on 01/01/2015 at 5:45:00 PM PST

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Jan 1, 15 11:23 PM
SAVING MOUNT OLYMPUS CAN BE A TITAN-IC EVENT

In another "ground breaking" and "earth shattering" game by Blamster, you find yourself in Greece stuck in the aftermath of an earthquake. Searching for the Amulet of Time in the Parthenon, a group of archaeologists have unleashed a monster Titan, Demos, who is out for revenge against the Olympic gods for imprisoning him. As a punishment for defying the gods, he was bound up for eternity and the Parthenon was built over him. Although looking for some R&R, you, as a detective, will find little rest or relaxation in saving Mount Olympus. Meeting up with this Titan will turn everyone's heart to stone (and the rest of them as well). Through the centuries, the gods have become weak so stopping Demos from destroying Olympus and the gods will be a Herculean task!

LEVELS: 4. Casual, Advanced, Hardcore (ALL contain sparkles and varying amounts of hints and skip times) CUSTOMIZED

GRAPHICS: Realistic characters with mouth movement. Some of the graphics were slightly grainy on my computer.

INVENTORY: NOT puzzle-like nor interactive . It is lockable.

HOP SCENES: NOT puzzle-like but somewhat interactive. Junk piles and searching for a specific number of a particular item. (In the beta you weighed the fruit. This was far more exciting than just looking for a specific number of fruit) Match 3 game is offered instead of the HOP scene.

PUZZLES: The ones I encountered in the demo: A. Tile puzzles - sliders and matching B. Variations of jigsaw puzzles: B. Storybook sequencing - locate items in sequence to further the story; C. Colored chip game in which you must beat the computer in having the most colored chips D. Calibrating settings to hit objects E. Maze - avoiding pitfalls to leave the maze

EXTRA GOODIES: 16 Achievements. 21 statues of the gods to collect, Interactive map with active areas indicated No morphing objects

COMMENTS: To me this game is boring and does not reach the halls of Olympus as a CE game.The back-and-forth time travel was irritating to me. It was fun to see the Parthenon construct and deconstruct going back and forth through time. However, the game adds another inspired use for duct tape to my list (actually I have done this) - picking up broken glass or any small object!

I RATE THIS GAME 4 TITANS OUT OF 5 TITANS. LIKE A TITAN, IT IS A LITTLE SHORT OF THE GODLY STATURE OF A CE.

Edited on 01/02/2015 at 5:52:08 AM PST

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on Jan 2, 15 2:06 AM

In the end, this second offering in the Revived Legends series should have stayed buried. This game is the start of a new year and follows closely on the heels of what was a rather bland year for HOPA games, so I hope this game doesn’t set the tone for 2015. This is just my opinion but I would like to see developers stop chewing up memory, disk space, and download time with the inclusion of so many worthless cut scenes. IMHO, these cut scenes often add very little to the game and take away from the great gameplay that once was the basis of HOPA games. Maybe sometimes less is more! I don’t need glitzy cinematics when I play a game; I want great HO scenes and intriguing puzzles, with a good story and lots of adventure. Please developers return to the basics by adding substance to your games rather than useless cut scenes. Wishing all of you a very happy 2015 filled with great games.

Tell it like it is, bisquitsmama! My feelings exactly!

[Post New]by NancySusan on Jan 2, 15 6:17 AM
I hate to do it, but I add my vote to this game being not that interesting -- I exited after 30 minutes. A few points: devs., a morphing object is one that morphs -- it doesn't just sit there. What you've got are collectibles, not morphing objects, oh, and hidden is spelled with 2 "d's." The real problem I had with this game was that when I was 11, I actually toured the Acropolis and the Parthenon a couple of times, loved it, but what's there looks nothing like what is in this game -- I have no idea what they were trying to portray, but the Parthenon wasn't it, and the idea of a hidden, secret chamber underneath what was once a complex market, etc. is laughable. The color on my computer was also off, and I noticed that the color is odd even online, so it's not just my computer -- the marble, even old, isn't a yellowish color. I found the game pleasant but not compelling at all, and the various other reviews very nicely state why. I see no reason to buy this as a CE. I only checked the SG to clarify why nothing was morphing and why I was picking up statutes so easily -- was I missing something? No. Between the hint system and the map it's easy to get around, but very little has any element of surprise, even the constant time travel. I'm sure some people will like the game just fine, but it's no buy for me.

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Jan 2, 15 7:48 AM
Nancy Susan wrote:

A few points: devs., a morphing object is one that morphs -- it doesn't just sit there.

What morphing objects? I missed those. I played it half asleep in less than perfect conditions (after watching The awesome Ohio State beat Alabama - yeah) to confirm my beta notes - but I don't remember seeing any. And guess what? In some spots the beta was BETTER (EMPHASIS) than this final product. Go figure! Anyway, on my review - add that there are morphing objects.

I agree with you Nancy Susan - a very lame game and I know Blamster - you can do a better job. You have had some EXCELLENT (EMPHASIS LOL) games in the past! Now - go to it and do it - better next time!

enerald
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by enerald on Jan 2, 15 1:05 PM
Morphing objects - they just sit there looking like rock or carving, etc .... so click around - hummingbirds (honeyeaters), etc, etc, are then apparent; could we call this the "adventure" part???? @_@

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Jan 2, 15 10:23 PM
I did not like this game at all. The graphics were cartoonish, and the gameplay was way too easy. This was a big disappointment and I hope that this is not indicative of games being offered by BFG.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Jan 3, 15 6:06 PM
Hi all...Happy New Year! Is it just me, or is BF dipping in to the shallow end of the pool for these games? The graphics in this one aren't bad, pretty clear. Colors are true, but not too bright and not at all over powering. Voice overs are okay, but not much of emotion in them. Music got a bit annoying, so I turned it down.

HOPs are mostly interactive, very simple and easy to find items and fairly clean. You can switch between HOPs and match 3. Puzzles were exceptionally simple with no challenge to the ones I ran across during the demo. Hint is very helpful and does transports you to longer locations, which saves on shoe leather and time. Hint seems to recover a little slower than most.

The only collectibles I found are the statues. They are very easy to spot and do not morph, even though the SG said there are morphing objects. Didn't find anything else.

This is a very easy game and one that I do not consider CE worthy. There is no challenge and it seems a bit old school. Not sure if BF is just cleaning out their closets and getting rid of whatever is left over, or if the race track is doing it for them. Either way, I have been pretty disappointed in the games that have come out lately. I really was hoping the New Year game would start off with a bang, but got a fizzle instead. Hopefully it gets better. This might be a nice "no brainer" type of game for a rainy day, but again, not as a CE. I believe it might appeal to younger beginners, but not to me. No buy for me today.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may find this one to be exactly what you are looking for today. Thanks for the reviews.

kaitlinn
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by kaitlinn on Jan 4, 15 4:33 PM
I liked this game even if it wasn't too challenging....it was still a refresher from the very dry Xmas season at BFG...had a lot of spare time, but nothing to play for a couple of weeks...

however, there is a great bonus for the ladies in the bonus game....
PROMETHEUS IS HOT!!

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Jan 6, 15 1:09 PM
Like the game.. Just got a chance to play it. It was good graphics and storyline was good too. Had puzzles that were fun and HOG's that I enjoyed. Give this 4 out of 5 stars...

AussieMoo
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by AussieMoo on Jan 7, 15 5:01 AM
I have to agree with some of the previous reviewers, I found this game terrible - I played the demo & uninstalled. I found it to be very easy, slow, mistakes in spelling & grammar & what is a model of the Coliseum doing in Greece? And once again, we start the action with a car crash, so very predictable.

I really wanted to like it as haven't played many games for a while now but no matter how hard I tried I couldn't like it.

Each to their own though of course, we are all looking for different things in our games. I like a bit of a story, a bit of a mystery to work out, a bit of a challenge, something unpredictable & a lot of fun.

LuckyKK
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by LuckyKK on Jan 11, 15 8:31 PM
The 'morphing objects' have to be the statuettes. It even shows one in the guide, if I remember correctly . That's what I had been looking for right along to begin with, was the statuettes. Don't really remember where I saw that that's what I needed to find, guess in the game itself, when clicking on one.

My game keeps freezing up on the map/co-ordinates game. I closed it, got back into it, and found the list I needed, and wham! It froze up again! So, I might not be able to finish the game. I can try uninstalling game mgr. - AGAIN. I've had to do that quite a bit lately, seem to be having problems with the CE's for some reason. White or black squares on screen, freezing up, error codes. It gets tiresome, and frustrating.

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

[Post New]by j62janet on Jan 13, 15 1:31 AM
Well 9otters, if the games so far are anything to go on, this year will be dismal, and I'm posting this here because we don't have a [u][b]General Discussion Forum[u], so far I'm not happy at all with the standard of games, to many 'glitches' for my liking, and to many 'silly' games as well, I hope soon we have good quality games, that run outstandingly, with great graphics, story lines, etc:

Edited on 01/13/2015 at 1:31:44 AM PST

Go to: