SweetNellyBly
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

Christmas is over***possible spoiler alert**

[Post New]by SweetNellyBly on Jan 1, 15 1:06 AM
The gnomes are back first quest is for a crafted item with question marks.

**error please disregard this sentence**Plus while there are still snowflakes they only pay out 20 coins, so much for the hope of keeping the 30 coins!

No new achievements, new items to craft or new pets.

The above happened after PST hit midnight, l know... go to bed.

Happy New Year!
SweetNel

CORRECTION: gernespieler is right .. my bad!

Edited on 01/01/2015 at 2:24:11 AM PST

gernespieler
Catfish
Catfish
1,615 Posts

Re:Christmas is over

[Post New]by gernespieler on Jan 1, 15 1:17 AM
Happy New Year to you and all others, too

SweetNelly, I never have gotten 30 coins for the snowflakes, always 20 and before the x-mas parts just 10 coins

Frommij
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Frommij on Jan 1, 15 1:34 AM
Sell all your Christmas cards, Pets and Christmas decorations-- I fear they will be useless in January. Already my friends wish lists have reverted.

pepsizest1
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

Christmas is over***possible spoiler alert**

[Post New]by pepsizest1 on Jan 1, 15 3:11 AM
SweetNellyBly wrote:The gnomes are back first quest is for a crafted item with question marks.

^
Hi and Happy New Year.
Just wondering if everyone has the gnomes back?
I seem to be stuck in christmas elf mode without the christmas trimmings!

Hmmmmmmmmm! wonder if my wee elf was oot on the lash last night and has overstayed his welcome "dirty little stop out" better go rummage out the Alka seltzer and whip up a nice greasy bacon butty for him...maybe then he'll jog on and let the gnome back in!

Wolfheze
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

Re:Christmas is over***possible spoiler alert**

[Post New]by Wolfheze on Jan 1, 15 5:04 AM
Hij frommij,
There was another question About the Christmas inventory and apparently we will need it next year, so hang on to it. Although i cant think wat we Will do with all the extra eggs, everybody seems to have them now (maybe a big omelet...)
Here all is still looking like Christmas, except there are no Christmas decorations given anymore when completing the Hos.

Edited on 01/07/2015 at 12:07:10 AM PST

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jan 1, 15 6:50 AM
Wolfheze wrote:Hij frommij,
There was another question About the Christmas inventory and apparently we will need it next year, so hang on to it. Although i cant think wat we Will do with all the extra eggs, everybody seems to have them now (maybe a big omelet...)
Here all is still looping like Christmas, except there are no Christmas decoraties geven anymore when completing the Hos.

Somebody has ASSUMED that we will use it next Christmas. Maybe we will, maybe we won't. Personally, I would be very disappointed if Elephant Games offered the exact same Christmas content over again. For those who already earned all the achievements, what would be the point?

It wouldn't hurt to hold on to the stuff for a while before deciding whether to sell it. New people will be starting to play and assuming that their games will show the Christmas pets and achievements, they may put the eggs, cards, etc on their wish lists.

joezee
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by joezee on Jan 1, 15 7:13 AM
Maybe this was a fluke, but I got a green Christmas card this morning from collecting snowflakes.

[Post New]by Anna_Leah on Jan 1, 15 7:21 AM
I still have the snowflakes, which is fine, but I don't get Christmas stuff anymore when I do the HOS; but I still have the ELF. It didn't revert back, so I can't do the special event stuff.

LadyLeigh
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by LadyLeigh on Jan 1, 15 7:21 AM
joezee wrote:Maybe this was a fluke, but I got a green Christmas card this morning from collecting snowflakes.

No fluke. We're still receiving the cards but not receiving any Christmas decorations and no elf quests.

minmer
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by minmer on Jan 1, 15 8:40 AM
LadyLeigh wrote:
joezee wrote:Maybe this was a fluke, but I got a green Christmas card this morning from collecting snowflakes.

No fluke. We're still receiving the cards but not receiving any Christmas decorations and no elf quests.

Yes, I also got a red Christmas Card right now. I think we might still get them for a while as people may need them to craft the Christmas pets and/or to get the Santa Claus achievement.

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Jan 1, 15 9:12 AM
I agree mimmer. Snowflakes in my game are still dropping cards too...can't know for how long, but I think it is so people who still have eggs to hatch or the achievement to obtain have a way to do so. I still have friends with cards on their wishlists, and am still able to gift cards.

lcjdqs
Clownfish
Clownfish
691 Posts

[Post New]by lcjdqs on Jan 1, 15 9:18 AM
I have been gifting eggs this morning, and cards. No other game has used the same seen for holidays, so either gift or sell. That's what I think is the best, but each should do what they think. I just feel those that need help to finish Christmas items should be helped. Happy New Year to all :0

geniegal
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by geniegal on Jan 1, 15 10:38 AM
I still have an elf quest, but I am not getting any Christmas goodies from the HOS, so looks like I have to wait until tomorrow when the DQ clicks over to a gnome quest.

I am not seeing any snowflakes nor am I seeing any flowers <sigh> after playing for 30 minutes.

Edited to add:

My second game is still flashing snowflakes and dispensing Christmas Cards, but no Christmas goodies from the HOS, and still have an elf quest that won't get completed.

Edited on 01/01/2015 at 11:07:58 AM PST

Bethany68
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by Bethany68 on Jan 1, 15 12:29 PM
Same here.
I still have the Elf Quest but no more Christmas goodies in the HOS to complete the Elf Quest. Frustrating!
I still have the little snowflakes and am still getting 20 Coins for them. I am also still getting the Cards for the Coins as well.

Should have mentioned that I'm in the US of A!

Edited on 01/01/2015 at 1:23:19 PM PST

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Jan 1, 15 12:36 PM
January 2nd at 07:30 in Tasmania, Down Under, I have the Christmas Elf back and the decorations seem to be dropping again. Very Odd

gernespieler
Catfish
Catfish
1,615 Posts

[Post New]by gernespieler on Jan 1, 15 1:19 PM
My game changed to the gnome quests after midnight and did not change back to the elf, I still get x-mas cards from the snowflake picking or the 20 coins or the diamond. No x-mas decoration from the Hos, but I realised that most of the HOS give just 1 part besides the "Found part" and PET food is very rare now. Here in Germany it is the 1 January and 10.20 h p.m.

aleutcia
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by aleutcia on Jan 1, 15 2:15 PM
Frommij wrote:Sell all your Christmas cards, Pets and Christmas decorations-- I fear they will be useless in January. Already my friends wish lists have reverted.
Please don't get rid of all your items. Some players like myself have not crafted all the pets yet and still require the cards to do so. The only way to do that now is to rely on gifts from players who have extra.

[Post New]by Gogutza1978 on Jan 1, 15 3:08 PM
Yesterday (January 1) I still had the elf quest but no more Christmas goodies in the HOS to complete it.
Today (January 2) my game changed to the gnome quests and I receive again Christmas decoration?!?
My problem is that I cannot fulfill the gnome quest because I have not the airship (I still have the sledge) and sending the sledge does not count for the gnome quest.
I think today will be the second day without complete any quest.
Frustrating!
Can anybody help me?

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Jan 1, 15 4:19 PM
My elf is gone and an alchemist is there now with a ridiculously impossible quest requiring you to visit two scenes twice, each needing two items to complete, and none of the HOS are giving me the items I need. Not fair, devs.

Edited on 01/01/2015 at 4:20:59 PM PST

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Jan 1, 15 4:25 PM
Cottoncandy,
You've just gone back to the daily gnome quests which we had before Christmas. You can get a list of them if you check out the "Helpful Links" thread stickied at the top of the forum. They have 3, 5, or 10 parts and some are impossible without playing up to 20 hrs or paying diamonds. The good thing is you get pet medallions for each part you finish, not the entire quest.

Go to: