Is this a bug?

DebbyM123
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

Is this a bug?

[Post New]by DebbyM123 on Jan 1, 15 9:10 AM
I go into the game every day and if I don't wait for the daily rewards window to come up, the next day I start at Day 1. Sometimes it doesn't come up for a very long time. Shouldn't it come up almost right away if not as soon as you log into the game?

Can the writers of the game please do something about this?

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

Re:Is this a bug?

[Post New]by mpendo on Jan 1, 15 9:41 AM
The daily rewards only pops up at the top of the hour(any hour). Live with it.

Cheers

Is this a bug?

[Post New]by fishfingers10 on Jan 1, 15 9:57 AM
DebbyM123 wrote:I go into the game every day and if I don't wait for the daily rewards window to come up, the next day I start at Day 1. Sometimes it doesn't come up for a very long time. Shouldn't it come up almost right away if not as soon as you log into the game?

i have stopped waiting for the reward lately as i have only been checking in to do auction quest and it was taking too long to wait for. It automatically goes back to start again, maybe when they update it will be fixed.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Jan 1, 15 10:04 AM
Yes, it is a glitch. Mobile device game seems to be affected more than the PC game and the developer is aware of the issue. We can only assume that this along with all the other defects will be addressed in next update.

As Mpendo said, you must be logged on at the top of the hour for the daily reward to come up. Seems to work well enough, I have never missed one doing this.

I finally got busted back to day 85 the day before yesterday, I can't say what I was at exactly but think it was like day 275, or something like that. Coinage is at about the same level so nothing much lost and now I won't mind if I just miss a day logging in. Took longer to get busted than I thought. <shrug>

Anyone out there still not busted back to day 85 at some point?

Edited on 01/01/2015 at 7:58:35 PM PST

[Post New]by fishfingers10 on Jan 1, 15 12:03 PM
thankyou for the heads up. i didnt realize that if you were there on the hour you got daily reward, just tried it and back on 86 again.

girlgotgame
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by girlgotgame on Jan 1, 15 12:11 PM
I kept falling back, as well, until I started doing this:

Every day, when i log onto my computer, I immediately open the game, and let it play in background while i do other things. At the top of the hour, the reward comes up, and stays there until claimed. At my convenience, I click over, accept the reward, and either stay to play or close the game. After weeks of sliding all the way down to level 1 from 5 (max), I'm now always at 5. Just hit Day 99.

sahobbs
Clownfish
Clownfish
618 Posts

[Post New]by sahobbs on Jan 1, 15 12:36 PM
Yes my friends, it's a major glitch. On one game; my laptop, it pops immediately as I log on a little after midnite; but on my desktop game it doesn't pop up until much later that day. What's really crazy is I log on to the game at the same time to check my Daily Auctions for both computers since the start. Then one game would be reset to day 85 while the other would get up to day 120 the it was reset back to day 85, not day 1. I've set a message/email to the TECH's and never got a response back, not even one of their generic emails.
So where does this theory that it's at the top of the hour when it's suppose to pop up come from? Mine has never been at the top of the hour, it's been whenever I log on to the game as long as I do it before midnight when the new quest starts.

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Jan 1, 15 4:54 PM
For most of us I think there is widespread agreement that it appears right on the top of the hour following the time that you log in. That is certainly my experience on both my games (laptop and desktop). Sometimes I have been on at midnight, in which case it appears immediately then, whether I have been on for a while before that or whether I have just come on that minute. But if I put it on later in the day then I have to wait until it reaches the next upright hour. Like girlgg I often leave it on in the background while doing other things and then go back to it for the reward. If I miss out on it for any reason it usually sets back to 85 and I have had this happen regularly. But as Oddly says, there is no loss in the coin value as such, as each week sets back to the same amount once you are beyond the 85 point. (It did, however, once set me right back to day 1 when I missed a period of more than 24 hours by mistake - but that was my own fault and I accepted it).
In fact, the Tech people did accept the error when we all complained bitterly about being set back right to day 1 and managed to correct it so that we only got set back to 85 (with no cash loss in effect) once we had reached that level, but they explained that they had not been able to change the timing of its appearance on the hour. This was posted in the Forum at the time.
So I don't really regard it as a "major" glitch, but just as a minor annoyance, to which we have had to adjust our playing patterns.

DebbyM123
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by DebbyM123 on Jan 1, 15 7:22 PM
Thank you everyone for your responses to this. I never read about it here before as I don't come in here regularly. I only come in here if I have a question or an issue. I am sure there are many others who do the same.

I too have turned the game on in the background once or twice... but I was wondering about it not coming up either near the time you log on or just when you do. Other games do that. This is the only game I have this issue with.

But today, it restarted at day 1. That is when I decided to write.

Again, thank you for all your responses.

Is this a bug?

[Post New]by HatTrickKid on Jan 2, 15 6:40 AM
DebbyM123 wrote:I go into the game every day and if I don't wait for the daily rewards window to come up, the next day I start at Day 1. Sometimes it doesn't come up for a very long time. Shouldn't it come up almost right away if not as soon as you log into the game?

I think that it might be a bug, but I know that a cockroach is a bug.

stibitz
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by stibitz on Jan 2, 15 4:48 PM
HTK -- Entomologically, a cockroach is actually an insect. A cicada (not to be confused with the Cuban singer, Jon Secada) is a bug. I don't think the cicada gets as far north as Beechwood Cove, though.

sahobbs
Clownfish
Clownfish
618 Posts

[Post New]by sahobbs on Jan 2, 15 5:45 PM
wulfruna wrote: I don't really regard it as a "major" glitch, but just as a minor annoyance, to which we have had to adjust our playing patterns.

Tell me this, I've never changed my playing pattern and it still happens for no apparent reason. So to me it's still a "major glitch" and a major annoyance. Enough said!

Edited on 01/02/2015 at 5:46:43 PM PST

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Jan 3, 15 2:46 AM
I do not dispute that it is a major thing for you, which is fine, as different players have different perspectives on the game, as we well know (!) .
I just wanted to say that we don't all necessarily see it in that light and for some of us it is a minor hitch that we manage to live with.

[Post New]by fishfingers10 on Jan 3, 15 3:07 AM
i think we all agree it is an annoying glitch,major or minor.

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Jan 3, 15 5:37 AM
What bothers me is that the same company makes Awakening Kingdom and the log in there works like a dream, doesn't matter when you start the game, within a minute it gives you your bonus. You would think they could use the same coding for both games.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Jan 3, 15 5:43 AM
shagwendy wrote:What bothers me is that the same company makes Awakening Kingdom and the log in there works like a dream, doesn't matter when you start the game, within a minute it gives you your bonus. You would think they could use the same coding for both games.

It only works there now because they've received updates. Once our update comes it should be fixed here too.

stibitz
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by stibitz on Jan 3, 15 8:11 AM
I've played AK for over a year and don't recall ever having a problem with the daily bonus. I've noticed too that the response timing has gotten worse with AK. It takes several mouse clicks to get a response where ART works on the first try. I agree with shagwendy. It seems it should be "easy" to programme the games the same especially since the programming team consists of pretty much the same people for both games.

barbarasofie
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by barbarasofie on Jan 3, 15 8:53 AM
I'll tell you something REALLY strange:
I play Antique Road since two weeks, and I play Awakening Kingdoms since about six or seven weeks. When I left for christmas holiday, I wasn't able to get online... so I lost my daily bonus in both games. Awakening dropped me back to day 1, and Antique Road too - but the next day I was on day 85 in ART.
IF this is a bug, I like it in a way.....

[Post New]by fishfingers10 on Jan 3, 15 9:04 AM
i dont get my daily bonus on AK until i play for a bit, it does not come up right away and now that i have the tip about this game i am going in before the top of the hour and getting bonus easily, as was pointed out there are a few glitches but you get used to them and play around them, ie. auction quest and getting reward by having to type it in again, i do it without thinking now!

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Jan 3, 15 10:35 AM
stibitz wrote: It seems it should be "easy" to programme the games the same especially since the programming team consists of pretty much the same people for both games.
I'm not sure where you got this information from?
According to BoomZap themselves, they have separate project teams working on the different games, with a certain degree of independence to develop each game in their own style. It is clear that there are similarities between AK and ART, but they come from two different backgrounds. The Awakening series gave rise to AK as a FTP game, whilst the Antiques Roadtrip was a very different series with a different style. The teams almost certainly cross-reference with each other, but it has been clear for a long time that AK and ART have a different approach to updates in terms of frequency and quality, despite their superficial similarities.
With regard to the Daily Bonus - I am playing a totally different FTP game at the moment from a different place (ssshhh - don't tell BFG....) and there the Bonus seems to pop up at all sorts of odd times, and I can't work out how, why or when!! It's just nice when it does appear and catches me by surprise

Go to: