scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

Laura Jones and the Secret Legacy of Nikola

[Post New]by scotcat on May 6, 09 5:09 PM

Played the demo and lasted no more then 30 minutes.

It ran sloooooow on my hubby's new laptop. When will these developers ever learn?
Too much chit-chat.
Playing hide & seek 4 times with her (fill in the blank) Ferret was noncence.
Same-o-same-o HO and task game + very easy.

I know many will like it, so enjoy! For me, between it not working right and the silliness - I won't be buying this game. It's not as good as the 1st Laura Jones so far.

Meh...........

forensicMD
Clownfish
Clownfish
529 Posts

Re:Laura Jones and the Secret Legacy of Nikola

[Post New]by forensicMD on May 6, 09 5:37 PM
Please tell me what I pick up the SIM? card with that is stuck under something on the floor. Sorry to hear it is not a great game, because I really wanted a new game. I agree re the Ferret, who is, BTW named Ferris, again showing tremendous imagination by the game maker!

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on May 6, 09 5:44 PM
Not much joy here lately. First we have folks announcing the TGT hours before it is released. Now we have reviews before the game is out and to top it, May, so far, has been a real disappointment. I haven't found a game yet that interests me. Ho Hum

TeresaRollen
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,896 Posts

[Post New]by TeresaRollen on May 6, 09 5:45 PM
I haven't played the first one yet. Will it make sense if I demo this one before I play the first one? Are they totally different?

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on May 6, 09 6:57 PM
I played the entire hour, but I was irritated the whole time. Very disappointing since I liked the first one and was looking forward to this one. Too basic IMO and way too much talky talky by bad voice actors. I guess they call it a prequel instead of a sequel because it takes place before the game was interesting!

Teresa, the first one was good and this one isn't, so don't base your judgment of the first one on the second one if you play it first.

ForensicMD, you pick up the SIM card with the pen that's on the table top.

Edited on 05/06/2009 at 6:59:17 PM PST

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on May 6, 09 7:11 PM
First we have folks announcing the TGT hours before it is released

So, that would include Picman's game announcements for the week?

The game is out btw...... over at XXXX.

suzangh
Shark
Shark
10,217 Posts

[Post New]by suzangh on May 6, 09 7:18 PM
well, at least the TGT announcements no longer have game titles and say spoiler on them.

I think since picman's picks don't tell us what DAY each game comes out, it doesn't ruin the surprise.

Sorry you didn't like this game. I doubt I will because it seems like I remember disliking the first one. Odd cause I usually like any game that scotcat hates. LoL

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on May 7, 09 1:08 AM
Bumping this up from page 5 since people are already starting new threads about the game and don't know this one is here.

Ahem...

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on May 7, 09 1:25 AM
Yes so far it has been easy and it is a bit cheesy but it is keeping me entertained.
I have not got the first one though I played the trial yesterday to see if I would like Laura Jones and I liked what I played of that too.

I bought it and enjoying it.

[Post New]by catsholidayhome on May 7, 09 1:28 AM
Yes guess it is easy but I love it! Finding the ferret 4 times was ridiculous (also looking for things in your handbag!) but enjoy the puzzles of putting the phone together, making a call at the station, getting into the house. Love puzzles like that - so bought it and happy!

kishimojun
Stingray
Stingray
4,534 Posts

[Post New]by kishimojun on May 7, 09 2:15 AM
I'm ambivalent about this one--put it on my "for later" list (but I thought playing with the ferret was fun).

I found this easier than the first, which for me is a good thing, I was totally lost and frustrated with the first one. What I like BEST about this game, and other developers please take note: there was the option if the minigames were too tough to choose to do a HO scene instead with no penalty. I really LIKE that feature!

Still, too many games, too few credits so didn't buy immediately.

Edited on 05/07/2009 at 2:16:13 AM PST

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on May 7, 09 2:29 AM
forensicMD wrote:Please tell me what I pick up the SIM? card with that is stuck under something on the floor. Sorry to hear it is not a great game, because I really wanted a new game. I agree re the Ferret, who is, BTW named Ferris, again showing tremendous imagination by the game maker!

Look for the pen!

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on May 7, 09 2:34 AM
scotcat wrote:
First we have folks announcing the TGT hours before it is released

So, that would include Picman's game announcements for the week?

The game is out btw...... over at XXXX.

No, Picman does not tell us all the games or when they will be released. It gives me something to look forward to.

I enjoy coming here at "midnight" to see what the TGT is. It does spoil it for me a bit if I find out hours earlier what the TGT is. It is kind of like Christmas when i was a kid. We had our gifts on Christmas morning. When we visited mu Aunt and her family on year. I got excited because they opened gifts on Christmas Eve, It was, however, a big let down afterward when there was nothing to look forward to on Christmas day. I can't even say why that is but it was just more fun to wait. Just me I guess.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on May 7, 09 2:46 AM
Well I just did about half the Demo and am enjoying this enough to buy it, I think you can move past all the talking, I listened and read it all though.

Playing with the ferrett was a little tiresome but it is the sort of thing i would do in real life. I disliked rumaging through the bag more than playing with the ferret. I do that every day with my own purse and have no desire to rumage in another woman's bag. Just today i went through my purse 3 times! It's a new purse too and well organized for the moment but i still had to go through about 4 pockest and 3 zippers before i could find what I needed

Still, I like the game. i like the graphics, I like putting things together. I like the story line. I have been wondering just what the invention will do.

That first mini game made me It was as bad as the rocking ship in Pocahontas. After moving a few of those globes I had to SKIP, couldn't take the movement.

No Timer is good, renewing Hint is bad. I just do not like the One Hint business, I don't care much for twiddling my thumbs while a Hint renews. I would much rather have about 5 Hints with maybe an option of earning more. That way, if I have difficulty seeing things I don't have to wait and wait anwait for hint renewal. That Jewelry puzzle was hard for me. Anytime there is a lot of shiny stuff i have trouble seeing things. When the necklace broke I wanted to move it out of the way so I could look for the beads. No go on that and I had a hard time finding the beads. Did some thumb twiddling.

Overall and after only about 40 min., I do like this game.

Edited on 05/07/2009 at 2:49:45 AM PST

kishimojun
Stingray
Stingray
4,534 Posts

[Post New]by kishimojun on May 7, 09 2:52 AM
Agree with Bribling on the purse. I don't own a purse myself, but I thought to myself as I was playing that one "Y'know, I do this at least twice a month for my grandmother for free" LOL.

besstan
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by besstan on May 7, 09 3:14 AM
hi all just played laura jones i agree to much dialogbut apart from that i enjoyed it so bought it mybe a mistake we will see i will look for the other laura jones by for now so far besstan

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on May 7, 09 3:34 AM
Agree with bribling, especially about the purse - felt like I am in real life... To teach me not to hold so much stuff in my purse!

Stunning graphics, friendly hints. I would like more "skips" for events that I don't like to do (assembling objects, for instance). Didn't mind the chit-chat, and enjoyed the view of the beautiful screens. Bought of course. Thanks, BF!

dimajo
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by dimajo on May 7, 09 4:37 AM
First time i give a comment on a game, i liked it very much, graphics are beautifull for example when you see a car passing by through the mirror of the shop, so definitively will buy this game. Does anyone know how long it is. Maybe my english is not too good but i am a great fan of Big Fish and want to thank all members on this forum because you comments helped me a lot in deciding buying games

TeresaRollen
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,896 Posts

[Post New]by TeresaRollen on May 7, 09 4:51 AM
dimajo wrote:First time i give a comment on a game, i liked it very much, graphics are beautifull for example when you see a car passing by through the mirror of the shop, so definitively will buy this game. Does anyone know how long it is. Maybe my english is not too good but i am a great fan of Big Fish and want to thank all members on this forum because you comments helped me a lot in deciding buying games

First, I want to welcome you to the pond. Second,, I think your english is just fine. What kind of games do you like...HO, adventure, Match 3?

Sherryah
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

[Post New]by Sherryah on May 7, 09 5:13 AM
I loved the first Laura Jones, and really am blown away by this sequel.
I disagree about the voice acting, I really appreciate it when there is speech.
A game gets boring for me when all I hear is my own voice and just read the dialogue.
I almost always buy the game when it has voice, I should say always. I can get into the characters more with voices. I think this is a great game, and just the right amount of dialogue. Just goes to show you can 't please everyone. This is just my opinion and it doesn't make it right or wrong, its just my opinion. Thanks BFG for another winner in my book.

Go to: