Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Vampire Legends: The Untold Story of Elizabeth Bathory here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jan 2, 15 12:36 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 01/02/2015 at 8:12:44 AM PST

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Vampire Legends: The Untold Story of Elizabeth Bathory here

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Jan 2, 15 8:12 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Vampire Legends: The Untold Story of Elizabeth Bathory here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Vampire Legends: The Untold Story of Elizabeth Bathory.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgLianorm

divaprods
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Vampire Legends: The Untold Story of Elizabeth Bathory here

[Post New]by divaprods on Jan 2, 15 10:28 AM
Since I know the real story I can't imagine even previewing this "game"

ShaunaPSmith
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by ShaunaPSmith on Jan 16, 15 10:43 AM
I thought this game was great! It felt really long for a non-CE version. It just kept going and going and going. The layout was huge, too. I definitely used the map feature a lot to figure out where I needed to go and to get there quickly. The HOPs were interesting. I kept forgetting to use items from my inventory to make the HOPs complete, so that was challenging. None of the mini games were very hard. I like them harder. But the story was *pretty* good and I had no technical issues. I think there was a glitch with the crossbow wording, but it wasn't a big deal. I'd highly recommend this one.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Jan 17, 15 3:28 PM
I know the historical story too, but don't have a problem reviewing this "game" (weird). I enjoyed it, although sometimes the gameplay instructions were not always clear but the hint helped out there. I enjoyed the fact the HOS were interactive with the inventory bar. I've seen this used before and it ads some dimension to the game. Hint and skip refreshed quickly. I did skip most of the mini-games/puzzles. Transporter map was good, but at times didn't show you where to go and I had to use the hint or remember to "go to the wagon" to make a potion.

Interesting story based on the historical Elizabeth (Erzebet) Bathory. Since one of the many legends that has been built up over the centuries regarding her extremely unorthodox behavior was an association with vampirism I didn't find the story all that out of line. Romania has some pretty colorful historical figures.

Historical names were used in the game, although her husband was not or ever associated with being a vampire. Anyway, a colorful game with a "gypsy finder" twist. If you are interested, the story of this horrible woman is an interesting read and I encourage it. Rarely find these games based on real characters.

A side note: If you are a bit squeamish probably not a good game for you. I give it a 4 out of 5, just because it can be a bit confusing at times. Loved making the potions in the wagon...that was fun!

Edited on 01/17/2015 at 3:33:15 PM PST

Radgame
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by Radgame on Feb 1, 15 11:57 AM
ShaunaPSmith wrote:I thought this game was great! It felt really long for a non-CE version. It just kept going and going and going. The layout was huge, too. I definitely used the map feature a lot to figure out where I needed to go and to get there quickly. The HOPs were interesting. I kept forgetting to use items from my inventory to make the HOPs complete, so that was challenging. None of the mini games were very hard. I like them harder. But the story was *pretty* good and I had no technical issues. I think there was a glitch with the crossbow wording, but it wasn't a big deal. I'd highly recommend this one.

Couldn't have put it better as I, too, thoroughly enjoyed this game! It was so different from the usual fare, the story flowed so well, great characters, etc. The potion-making was lots of fun too. No glitches (Win 7HP 64) - fun game w/ a conclusive ending for SE. Deserves 5+ & a

Go to: