catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Midnight Mysteries: Ghostwriting CE here!

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Jan 3, 15 12:45 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have! It might help to include the Operating System you're using.

Edited on 01/03/2015 at 7:05:57 AM PST

tillybaby
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Midnight Mysteries: Ghostwriting CE here!

[Post New]by tillybaby on Jan 3, 15 1:51 AM
Was just about to purchase this game as I was really enjoying it when I came to a part where the map was black blocks, never mind I used to hint option instead but then the game became completely black with just the odd item lit up, it was as though my graphics card had given up the ghost but fortunately it hadn't.

I do hope this is soon fixed and am wondering if it's anything to do with the direct x?

I am using widows 8.

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on Jan 3, 15 1:55 AM
Windows 7 Home Premium. Jerky, skipping movement of cursor and animation. Was "offered" a Direct X update but declined as I accepted about 2 weeks ago and I was told it was current.

Really would like to purchase this game but not with this issue.

Edited on 01/03/2015 at 1:57:10 AM PST

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

[Post New]by j62janet on Jan 3, 15 2:38 AM
I use Windows 8.1 and I had the same, one minute the map worked, and then I had black blocks, and then it went completely black, plus the game stopped working altogether, I'd already decided to wait for a S/E, as I've got some game coupons owed to me, but now I'll wait to see if that game has issues as well.
I really wish the developers trouble shooted there games before it was released, then these problems wouldn't happen.

If the game didn't have issue, it would be a damn god game, I enjoyed it, up to when the problems started.

My Direct X failed to install, I don't know why though!

Edited on 01/03/2015 at 8:26:36 AM PST

Scottie12
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by Scottie12 on Jan 3, 15 3:31 AM
The raven vanished whilst trying to retrieve the weather vane. Went back to menu and then back into the game and the raven was back!

[Post New]by aunteek816 on Jan 3, 15 3:47 AM
Game went back to icon at the key being put in the front door. This happened twice more. Have had no problem with other games from BG. Will also wait for SE to see if problem has been fixed. A shame because game looks to be a good one.

4815snow
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by 4815snow on Jan 3, 15 4:32 AM
I agree with the herkey jerkey movement with cursor and the same effect getting into different scenes I installed the Direct X and my operating system is XP. Haven't been able to get far enough to know about any other problems. Won't be buying, until a " fix" is done. I find if they don't Fix the CE, forget about the SE

Gojira2006
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,183 Posts

[Post New]by Gojira2006 on Jan 3, 15 5:20 AM
The game doesn't give you the option to use the system cursor, so I think a lot of people will experience trouble with the game cursor - even the one without the so-called "special effects" . . . I just allotted more system resources to the game, so the jerky movement was minimized . . .

graytori
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by graytori on Jan 3, 15 5:39 AM
Working with Windows 7. I have installed and uninstalled 2 times now. This game boots me out to my icon page. I haven't had a problem in 5 months with this or any other issue playing any CE's. Hopefully a fix is in the works.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Jan 3, 15 6:00 AM
Ran ok on my Macbook Pro OS X running Yosemite, but very, very jerky cursor!

susieq12
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by susieq12 on Jan 3, 15 6:10 AM
Win 7 Home Pre ed. Game will not open gives CLR error 80004005 mm6.exe fatal error,
I did accept the direct x while installing this program.

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Jan 3, 15 7:05 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

BereniceP
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by BereniceP on Jan 3, 15 8:01 AM
I have lost the carbide for the lamp. It disappeared out of my inventory and now I cannot move forward. Please help. I am using Windows 8

[Post New]by leapfrog0202 on Jan 3, 15 8:16 AM
9otters wrote:Windows 7 Home Premium. Jerky, skipping movement of cursor and animation. Was "offered" a Direct X update but declined as I accepted about 2 weeks ago and I was told it was current.

Really would like to purchase this game but not with this issue.

A couple people mentioned the jerky cursor in their reviews & said when the option for custom cursor was turned off, the jerkiness stopped.

Hope that helps!

MaryEl
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by MaryEl on Jan 3, 15 8:17 AM
I installed this game and it went fine. Then when I went to Play it, I got the following message:

To run this application you first must install one of the following versions of the .NET Framework:
v4.0.30319
Contact your application publisher for instructions about obtaining the appropriate version of the .NET Framework

Never got this message before and I play and buy lots of BF games. I have contacted HELP desk, but was wondering if anyone else has ever gotten this message and if so, what did you do to rectify it? Thanks.

scorpio42
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by scorpio42 on Jan 3, 15 8:48 AM
I am trying to download Midnight Mysteries: Ghostwriting CE on this computer but for some reason or another BF Game Manager keeps getting a Code 1404 which is rather bothersome since it will not run on my main pc without carrying out an execution ... Thank you in advance for your immediate assistance and time taken on this issue. I'm using Windows 7 on this pc and Windows 7 Pro on main one

Edited on 01/03/2015 at 8:51:38 AM PST

[Post New]by spaniard1 on Jan 3, 15 10:33 AM
I have also lost the carbide from my inventory and can't progress any further in the game. Have quit the game and it has still vanished and it cannot be 'recollected'. Does anyone have any suggestions as I don't want to start the game all over again?
I am using Mac OSX 10.9.5

LKlimo
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by LKlimo on Jan 3, 15 10:49 AM
This game is full of glitches! I managed to put up with the jerky movement but when I left the game, I had to do the whole chapter all over again. I finally got to the bonus game. VERY hesitant and jerky. Locked up on me. Had to control, alt, delete to leave. Went back in and had to go back to the end of the regular game before I could even do the bonus game, which I had almost completed! I'll have to remember the name of the publisher and avoid all of their future games! What a disappointment!

[Post New]by Scubadoobiedoo on Jan 3, 15 11:04 AM
I had a huge problem w/the water lily puzzle. I decided to skip it but when I clicked Solve it kept solving but never removing any of the lilies. They just kept popping up to reveal what was under them over & over & over... but the game would not let me back out nor go to the menu or anything else. I'm on a Macbook so I held down command, option, escape so I could force quit. When I did this it also dumped this game and the other I bought on the sale so I had to DL both of them again. Then I went back in and solved it myself and so far everything is normal again...

[Post New]by Therealmargesimp on Jan 3, 15 11:04 AM
BereniceP wrote:I have lost the carbide for the lamp. It disappeared out of my inventory and now I cannot move forward. Please help. I am using Windows 8

Same with me - lost the Carbide and I'm running W7

Go to: