biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

I really LIKE this game.

[Post New]by biomix on May 7, 09 7:37 PM
I had not bought the game because I saw from reading from the Forum that their were problems with it. So I uninstalled it. Yesterday I saw that version 1.04 was out. I re-installed it and yes it is 1.04.
The music is very soothing. The download is like about 20 seconds. That's not very long. I love that the objects don't jump out at you. It is more challenging when they are hard to find. I really like the graphics. The puzzles are great. I didn't find the maze difficult at all. I think that you have to just be able to relax and take your time and enjoy. It now has a skip mode for those who don't like some of the puzzles. I also like that the puzzles are different everytime. And it is a pretty basic HOG which is another plus. So, with that said, I am buying this game.
I am very appreciative to the developers for listening to their clients and I think they did a fantastic job in fixing what needed fixing. I want to encourage them and am hoping they make more. Also want to thank BFG for staying true to their word, as always, in letting us know when the update would be available.
I also want to thank The Academy (just kidding) hahaha, thank everyone who participates so often on this Forum. If it wasn't for you all I would not know what is going on. I have found many tips and great reviews.
Happy gaming everyone

blingykins
Shark
Shark
13,353 Posts

Re:I really LIKE this game.

[Post New]by blingykins on May 7, 09 7:54 PM
Hi biomix

Your review has me thinking I might give this a try .. I rarely download non TM games straight away as I'm on a download limit and don't want to waste my limit downloading something straight away

I like to get some feedback as to if the game has any problems

I think it's now time to give this one a chance

[Post New]by nanaschico on May 7, 09 8:40 PM
can you skip the maze?

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on May 7, 09 11:46 PM
Hi,
Yes, you can skip the maze puzzle. I didn't have a problem with it but you know, we all have different tastes. Some puzzles I may find very difficult, others will find them easy. Different strokes......That's what makes the world go round.
I have to add. There is ONE thing that I have to do to get a full screen.
When I open it, I only get part of the screen. So I go to options and press on the DX..option. Then when it goes to full screen I go back to options and switch it the other (can't remember, bad memory). I do this because if I leave on the DX then my cursor won't go to the bottom of the screen. Other than that, no problems whatsover. I hope you like it.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on May 8, 09 12:39 AM
Wow, I just redownloaded this game again and the new build is a VAST improvement over the original release. I really appreciate the game developers having listened to our concerns and doing the very best that they could to make things better--and they definitely did.

I will be buying this game now.

[Post New]by nanaschico on May 8, 09 9:18 AM
HOW do I skip the maze, I cannot get out of it

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on May 8, 09 2:53 PM
Hi,
Is there not a Skip Puzzle options there? When I was doing the demo I went back and put in a new name just to see (because I'd forgotten) And It DID have a skip puzzle. Now I don't know if that option becomes unavailable when you start the puzzle.??? I'm sure you've uninstalled your old version right? And make sure you are playing the 1.04. Hope this helps.

laurah65
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by laurah65 on May 8, 09 7:08 PM
"More thanks to the game developer and BFG for listening to us" because when I first downloaded this game I thought it was horrible, but after checking in the forum and finding there was some players that was having worse problems than me I decided to give the game a try. When I downloaded the game at first I could not get out of the maze, then I re-installed the game and found that I could skip this puzzle and I am now playing the game without any problems so far. " Thanks again BFG and game developers for hearing our cry for help and you came through with flying colors yes the game is 1.04 " .

[Post New]by actsay on May 12, 09 4:47 PM
How did you guys download version 1.04? When I downloaded it a few days ago, the version I got was 1.02. I figure if I can't download the correct version, I'm just not going to bother even trying to finish the demo as I found the objects to be very hard to find and just clicked everywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on May 12, 09 5:24 PM
Hi Actsay,

Version 1.04 was released on May 6th. You can get the new version of the game by uninstalling the game from your computer and redownloading it again from our website. There's more information about the new build of the game here:

New build available - UPDATE - May 6th, 2009

I hope this helps!

[Post New]by actsay on May 13, 09 4:31 PM
Thank you for the help, bfgErie, but I am still getting version 1.02 and I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times so I'm not sure what the problem could be. It is May 13th and I am still getting version 1.02 instead of the updated 1.04 build that was supposed to have been available 1 week ago. I guess I will just try again and if it's still the wrong version, I will just not finish the demo as I did not find the game to be all that fun and I am usually a fan of hidden object games. But thanks for trying to help, bfgErie!

Edited on 05/13/2009 at 4:32:52 PM PST

meanbusiness
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by meanbusiness on May 13, 09 11:31 PM
actsay wrote:Thank you for the help, bfgErie, but I am still getting version 1.02 and I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times so I'm not sure what the problem could be. It is May 13th and I am still getting version 1.02 instead of the updated 1.04 build that was supposed to have been available 1 week ago. I guess I will just try again and if it's still the wrong version, I will just not finish the demo as I did not find the game to be all that fun and I am usually a fan of hidden object games. But thanks for trying to help, bfgErie!

I also tried again this morning to download the trial version, and the same issues were still there. I am frustrated. The trial download should have the updated version. What am I missing??????

[Post New]by actsay on May 14, 09 4:40 PM
Meanbusiness,

I have no clue what the problem might be. I tried playing the version that I was able to download (version 1.02) and it was even worse than the previous version (1.00). I think I'm just going to give up trying to find the correct version, as the game wasn't all that fun and I don't think it's worth wasting what little demo time I have left playing the wrong version. Good luck to you trying to find the right version and if you do, please let me know!

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Oct 2, 11 9:03 PM
meanbusiness wrote:
actsay wrote:Thank you for the help, bfgErie, but I am still getting version 1.02 and I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times so I'm not sure what the problem could be. It is May 13th and I am still getting version 1.02 instead of the updated 1.04 build that was supposed to have been available 1 week ago. I guess I will just try again and if it's still the wrong version, I will just not finish the demo as I did not find the game to be all that fun and I am usually a fan of hidden object games. But thanks for trying to help, bfgErie!

I also tried again this morning to download the trial version, and the same issues were still there. I am frustrated. The trial download should have the updated version. What am I missing??????

I find that whenever I uninstall a game (after completing it) that I go to my "search" which is already set up (in advance mode) for finding the "HIDDEN FILES" of each game and then I don't have the problem of having anything there if I decide to re-install a game. You MIGHT be getting the "old" version because your computer still has the "hidden files" of that older version.

MEnr56

Go to: