insects

[Post New]by roinette on May 8, 09 5:08 PM
where do you find the insects that you collect?

Re:insects

[Post New]by laffarsmith on May 8, 09 5:16 PM
The ones I've found have all been near the workshop. Insects only seem to come out when it's raining.

chris30s
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by chris30s on May 8, 09 5:44 PM
Definitely during rain only ... also appear out front near birdbath.

Curium255
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Curium255 on May 8, 09 10:39 PM
I've only ever seen insects in the back where the broken hose is.

Renee02
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,068 Posts

[Post New]by Renee02 on May 9, 09 11:09 AM
to collect insects faster buy the tropical rain formula when the store has it in stock and change the weather, I also have an annoying neighbor who likes to build weather machines.

xxxHazeyxxx
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by xxxHazeyxxx on May 11, 09 11:37 AM
Help! I am haveing a hard time finding the insects i just dont see them anywhere! i looked after the rain also! where the heck are they!!

[Post New]by Bamabelle97 on May 11, 09 2:16 PM
Whats up with the neighbor emailing my families all the time about whether (lol) his weather machine works? Are we supposed to do something or just ignore it?

chris30s
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by chris30s on May 11, 09 8:15 PM
xxxHazeyxxx wrote:Help! I am haveing a hard time finding the insects i just dont see them anywhere! i looked after the rain also! where the heck are they!!

Random events ... just like the other collectibles ... so not every rain brings them out.

chris30s
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by chris30s on May 11, 09 8:16 PM
Bamabelle97 wrote:Whats up with the neighbor emailing my families all the time about whether (lol) his weather machine works? Are we supposed to do something or just ignore it?

Nothing to do ... except look for insects once his machine starts the rain.

mcbec
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by mcbec on May 30, 09 1:46 AM
Just to say that I've found that my window boxes have to be watered at the time as well. I've never had an insect when they haven't been in bloom.

Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by 222426 on May 30, 09 2:01 AM
I've noticed that most of the insects are more camouflaged than the coins. I've found quite a few on and near the tree to the left of the shed near the top left of the scene. I've also found several near the tree and ground near the workshop at the far left of the scene along with the locations previously mentioned in the posts. Also more insects tend to show up after all the coins are collected and/or into the third generation on.
Yep...they only come out when it's raining or immediately after the rain...but just because it rains doesn't mean you'll see an insect.

Lisrose
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by Lisrose on May 30, 09 9:51 AM
mcbec wrote:Just to say that I've found that my window boxes have to be watered at the time as well. I've never had an insect when they haven't been in bloom.

interesting I will have to watch for that. In my 3 sets of families I have yet to find the dragonfly or the bug on the far left that has the shape of a housefly. Everything else has shown up in one family or another. All have completed their coins. Only one family is beginning the 3rd generation now so I am hoping the tip above that the occurrences increase is on the money!

[Post New]by loonicorn on May 30, 09 10:12 AM
Ive had all twigs etc coins and completed the photograph for ages now carried out all repairs and am on 3rd generation with very little trophies left to get and Im still missing 3 insects its getting really irritating - I wonder if there's a glitch or something, should probably have a look at the last day at works own forum site and see if theres anything on there if I find anything Ill post it here

Lisrose
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by Lisrose on May 30, 09 10:23 AM
the housefly JUST showed up - 3rd generation - and I would bet that it hasnt spawned before since it is fairly large and bright purple! It showed up just below the left side of the workshop.

lorie56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,872 Posts

[Post New]by lorie56 on May 30, 09 10:43 AM
mcbec wrote:Just to say that I've found that my window boxes have to be watered at the time as well. I've never had an insect when they haven't been in bloom.

My Family One hasn't gotten the waterproof tape to fix their hose and they have six bugs in their collection - and they've sold some online.

Go to: