flipper70
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

Order of the Dark Tales games

[Post New]by flipper70 on Jan 4, 15 9:20 AM
Are the Dark Tales games supposed to be played in a certain order? What order were they released in? I would like to play them in the order they came out. Can someone please help? Thank you in advance!

MooeyG
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

Re:Order of the Dark Tales games

[Post New]by MooeyG on Jan 4, 15 9:45 AM
According to a couple of websites, including Adventure Gamers, I believe this is the order of publication:

(1st) Murders in the Rue Morgue (2010)
(2nd) The Black Cat (2010)
(3rd) The Premature Burial (2011)
(4th) The Masque of the Red Death (2013)
(5th) The Gold Bug (2013)
(6th) The Fall of the House of Usher (2014)

The 4th and 5th listings may be reversed. I am not 100% sure, but I believe this is correct. I also don't think you have to play them in any particular order.

flipper70
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by flipper70 on Jan 4, 15 11:30 AM
Thank you so much! I have played Dark Tales: The Black Cat. I know they don't have to be played in any order, but sometimes I keep with the published order.

laurakay76
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by laurakay76 on Jan 8, 15 12:52 AM
MooeyG wrote:According to a couple of websites, including Adventure Gamers, I believe this is the order of publication:

(1st) Murders in the Rue Morgue (2010)
(2nd) The Black Cat (2010)
(3rd) The Premature Burial (2011)
(4th) The Masque of the Red Death (2013)
(5th) The Gold Bug (2013)
(6th) The Fall of the House of Usher (2014)

The 4th and 5th listings may be reversed. I am not 100% sure, but I believe this is correct. I also don't think you have to play them in any particular order.

You're almost right. Gold Bug came before Masque, but otherwise you have the release order. Chronologically speaking, the games occur in the order in which they are released; several of the games refer to the previous adventures in the in-game diaries. You meet Dupin for the first time in Rue Morgue.

moontear
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by moontear on May 2, 15 6:31 PM
The latest game is The Murder of Marie Roget. I'm not sure when it came out, but I believe it's fairly recent.

Go to: