Crafting Story

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Crafting Story

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 5, 15 12:29 AM
Crafting Story is a wonderful adventure that follows the story of a young boy named Albert who finds a chest in his grandfather's attic. It contains an old magical globe that can simulate things on Earth. Curious as Albert is, he decides to rearrange things to make the world a better place. Help him out on this amazing adventure and enjoy Crafting Story!

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

Re:Crafting Story

[Post New]by VTCT on Jan 5, 15 12:50 AM
I am sorry but I don't agree, very boring doing same over &over again. Maybe for a kid but not for an adult who is up in early morning hours.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 5, 15 12:53 AM
You have got to be kidding me. The devs should stick with their pictograms and solitaire games, which are boring enough, but at least they are playable. A dreadful game. I am not even sure a kid would not fall asleep while trying to play this game.

Just_Joie
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Just_Joie on Jan 5, 15 12:56 AM
The game keeps opening to a black screen which then closes. I have never had this happen with any other game here. I downloaded twice to make sure it was not that. Finally removed it. Sorry.

KIW0612
Herring
Herring
376 Posts

[Post New]by KIW0612 on Jan 5, 15 1:27 AM
Thanks Valdy - after looking at the graphics on the game page and reading your comments, no point in downloading.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 5, 15 3:08 AM
I also can't get over the fact that BF is offering this game as TGT. If it had been a soft release, that would have been different. This game is just about good enough for a soft release, although I wouldn't even offer it here as a soft release.

gamblebug
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by gamblebug on Jan 5, 15 3:33 AM
Oh my heavens ,what bad game.I don't even think a child would like it.No good SE's lately.Is this what we are to expect with new owners,since BF sold out.I hope there are some good one's coming up.

Saxonator
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by Saxonator on Jan 5, 15 4:28 AM
bfgFlounder must know something we don't know. I couldn't even get started. I have been playing Big Fish Games for several years and this is only the second rubbish game I have come across in the last few months, so I have to ask myself if they are running out of ideas.

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Jan 5, 15 4:37 AM
Well, that was a waste of 2 minutes. No instructions and childish graphics. What's the point of this, anyway?

Deleted from my hard drive. No sale.

machamc
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by machamc on Jan 5, 15 5:27 AM
This is not new - it showed up on the rival site in September! What gives - no new games available?

BSHADOW
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by BSHADOW on Jan 5, 15 6:04 AM
Did anyone else notice that there were 2 words spelled wrong on the sample image?? Makes you wonder about the rest of the game.

meknow
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by meknow on Jan 5, 15 7:12 AM
BSHADOW, there are 4.

kim0530
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by kim0530 on Jan 5, 15 8:23 AM

How do you play the game? Don't make sense to me.

[Post New]by gladysschmuck on Jan 5, 15 8:26 AM
2 minutes of my life I'll never get back. What a waste of time and effort this "game" is. Everyone else said it too - lousy graphics, no instructions, no obvious goals. Bad and boring.

Saxonator
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by Saxonator on Jan 5, 15 8:41 AM
Will Big Fish take any notice of our negative comments and stop putting crap games like this on do you think and do they actually play them before offering them to us. After all games like this do nothing for their reputation

kim0530
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by kim0530 on Jan 5, 15 9:04 AM
So it's not me. I'm a very logical person but this game made no sense to me

0Jade
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by 0Jade on Jan 5, 15 9:37 AM
Okay, only because I wanted to help you guys out, I subjected myself to an hour of this game. The idea is to click on an item (land, water) to create a token, and combine two tokens together to create another element. A simple example would be that clay + sun makes bricks although this example includes an element that you will not have for quite a while, it helps you to understand. Each time you have a new element, you may or may not be able to combine it with ONE other item on the screen. The more I did it, the more I understood the concept of it, but it truly didn't make it any more enjoyable. By the time my hour was up I had made water, grass, swamp, flower, stones, bamboo, mountain, desert, cactus, oasis, all kinds of weather elements, bricks, metal, steam, a volcano, lava and on and on. My entire screen was covered in option to combine. Once you complete one "world", you start over on another screen. There is a drop-down menu that will give you a hint and a few other options. If you want to try it, take advantage of the hint... it takes longer and longer to recharge as the game goes on. Uh... Enjoy? (not me)

NANA5LOVE
Clownfish
Clownfish
529 Posts

[Post New]by NANA5LOVE on Jan 5, 15 12:45 PM
It's Monday dear fishes, we always get a awful game on double punch Mondays you can always expect it.

[Post New]by Barbylister on Jan 5, 15 2:17 PM
I am glad to see all these posts about this game. I didn't want to just delete it if there was some little something I was doing wrong but apparently it wasn't me SO my 2 cents worth ....its boring and gave me a headache!! I ended up wanting to combine wind and water and wash it away in a tsunami

[Post New]by highwayguy on Jan 5, 15 11:44 PM
I'm downloading it to try. It looks kind of basic, but it is what is known as a "sandbox" game. You "play" in the "sandbox" at making worlds. There are a lot of sandbox games out there in the indie sphere, and they are well received. The idea is simply to explore, create, fiddle, tweak, and play god. There isn't exactly a "goal" like you find in most games. The whole idea is just to play around with the elements the world gives you, and do stuff.

It's not that it is a "bad game", it just isn't a "game" at all in the conventional sense. If you approach it as a creative endeavor rather than a means to an end, it may help you see the enjoyment of it.

Go to: