catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Crafting Story here!

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Jan 5, 15 1:33 AM
A thread for your reviews!

Edited on 01/05/2015 at 6:13:50 AM PST

kim0530
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Crafting Story here!

[Post New]by kim0530 on Jan 5, 15 4:40 AM

Edited on 01/09/2015 at 5:11:02 PM PST

[Post New]by bfgGlithui on Jan 5, 15 6:14 AM
Good morning!

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Crafting Story here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Crafting Story .
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgGlithui

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Jan 5, 15 8:49 AM
[Removed by Moderator] You have to figure out by trial and error what sequence to unlock the next one. And so on... There's no logic and no point. It's just plain horrible. What's surprising to me is this old game being offered here. I wouldn't want this garbage even for free.

Edited on 01/09/2015 at 11:29:13 PM PST

[Post New]by ElizabethR1533 on Jan 6, 15 3:29 AM
How desperate must BF be to push this out? I suppose it's an effort to push a game that isn't a HOG, so anything will do

What exactly is the purpose of the game? You click on two different elements and they covert to make something else......and that is it? Yes, that IS it, it seems. I think charging for this game is desperate to say the least, when a reviewer says it's available free elsewhere.......

I suppose it could be vaguely educational, at a push. Poor, poor, poor.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Please post your REVIEWS for Crafting Story here!

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Jan 8, 15 3:14 PM
Well, it IS sorta pretty ...

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Jan 8, 15 9:26 PM
The one redeeming quality that this uh... game? ... has is that if they were to take the element matching for creating new ...stuff... and have that as a small part of an actual GOOD game with other stuff in it, then that aspect would be fun.

Two weird things:
a. I kept on playing for at least 40 minutes because I wanted to see some kinda um, I don't know?? thing? happen? But alas.

b. when I came onto my games manager today to delete the ever loving heck out of Crafting Story (CRAFTING!?! WHAT!) it greeted me with a time of 60 minutes still remaining. Maybe they know how bad the game is & just want someone to play even if for free lol

But hey. Its not a hidden object game.

talisman018
Guppy
Guppy
148 Posts

[Post New]by talisman018 on Jan 17, 15 5:23 AM
If you have OCD, this game isn't so horrible. I bought it with a credit and it's been okay.

GRAPHICS: average. Clear, but blocky. Cartoonish. The opening drawings aren't very good at all, but there's not many of them.

SOUND: repetitive. It's not horrible, but I recommend turning it down to be quiet in the background.

GAMEPLAY: barely okay. The instructions are terrible, there's a lot of missing text in the element descriptions, there is poor English everywhere, many combinations make no sense at all.... but if you can overlook all that, the actual game itself is all right. Match two elements to make a new one. Figure out all the combinations for a level to clear it. When you finish, click the globe/arrow at the top to go on to the next level. The arrow at the bottom is the replay level button. (That should have been clearly marked and is not.) There is a little difficulty at times in grabbing an element, but clearing them is easy. Just click a blank area away from all elements. Each level is around 40 - 50 things to find. There are refilling hints as well.

OVERALL: 14 out of 30.
GRAPHICS: 5 out of 10.
SOUND: 5 out of 10.
GAMEPLAY: 4 out of 10. (More if you have OCD like me. )

There's no question that it could be a lot better, but there are some informative things in the element descriptions (those that are complete, that is). It's not a HOG, it's not really like anything else. This is definitely a try-before-you-buy game for obsessive-compulsives who like puzzles.

rebahanna
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by rebahanna on Jan 17, 15 1:35 PM
Wow, not one good review? Now I'll have to try it to see what all the fuss is about.

rebahanna
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by rebahanna on Jan 17, 15 2:25 PM
When none of the buttons are marked, how do you know that you're selecting "start this level over" or "next"? I was only able to get through the first level by following all of the spoiler alerts (I didn't have the patience to methodically select every single combo there could possibly be). Apparently this is not the game for me.

Hmm. Who knew sand and metal mixed together make gold.

Go to: