sillyfeet
Stingray
Stingray
5,447 Posts

Dream Day Married in Manhatten

[Post New]by sillyfeet on Jul 24, 08 8:14 PM
Okay, I played about 40 minutes of this game (bought demo un-played, talk about trust) and I really like it. It's much the same as the other ones, so in that sense it's like visiting an old friend, but the developers did make some changes.

There's some new mini-games to be played:
ONe in which you have to search rooms for playable objects (by moving your cursor over them) and collect inventory items to be used in conjunction with other items in the room. All of this is done to find your "to do" list before you move on to your next set of shops for seek and find (or typical HO) gameplay. I thought this was a nice change and keeps things interesting.
In another you have to rearrange faces on a table seating chart so that the colors on the cards match in order to complete your seating chart.
Another called "chocomatic" in which you have to rearrange pipes to keep chocolate flowing in a fountain (sorry, that's the best way I can explain it).

Like the previous version, First home, there are two "paths" you can take at the beginning of the game (2 couples to choose from) and once you finish one story all the way through you can play the other. The hint system is still in place where you have to find bluebirds of happiness (although this time around the bluebirds are wearing little statue of liberty crowns. Cute). And the "choose your story" appears in this one as well. As does crisis scenes. All of these are familiar staples from the previous dream day games.

One other thing that has changed is that at some point during the gameplay (and I assume this is random) you will hear a ringing phone and you must find the phone in the scene before the ringing stops. If you do so, you will have one item removed from your list.

All in all, I found this installment to be just as enjoyable as the previous ones and I am glad my gamble in buying before playing paid off. If you enjoyed the previous dream day games you might want to give this one a look.

GinaBean
Manatee
Manatee
4,361 Posts

Re:Dream Day Married in Manhatten

[Post New]by GinaBean on Jul 24, 08 8:18 PM
Sillyfeet, I totally agree with your assessment of this game. But MY favorite thing about it, as I posted on another thread, is that it tells you that you deserve some chocolate. And at my age and stage in life, that's REALLY important! I don't know about the rest of you, but chocolate is just as important to me as food and air! Okay, who's got the freakin' Hershey bar?

sillyfeet
Stingray
Stingray
5,447 Posts

[Post New]by sillyfeet on Jul 24, 08 8:47 PM
OH yeah, I forgot about that. It tells you that during the chocomatic mini-game, right?

nantyglyn
Salmon
Salmon
2,939 Posts

[Post New]by nantyglyn on Jul 24, 08 8:49 PM
Isn't chocolate one of the basic food groups?

nantyglyn
Salmon
Salmon
2,939 Posts

[Post New]by nantyglyn on Jul 24, 08 9:43 PM
Okay, I just played half the demo - too tired to play anymore tonight. It's cute and easy to play. I like how they use the Chrysler Building as their "transition" between scenes (you know, that building where the top lights up?) I used to work right across the street from that building - many, many long years ago. And the subway scene is authentic. The car itself is a little too clean, but the sounds are true to NY, and the scene outside the car window is the true station, so that brings back memories. I'll finish the demo tomorrow.

lilorange
Flounder
Flounder
2,206 Posts

[Post New]by lilorange on Jul 25, 08 6:24 AM
This is on my list of demos for today--and I have a feeling I will be getting it before the day is over!

Chocolate GinaBean---hmmmmm, I think there are some candy bars I bought from a fundraiser a few weeks ago just sitting in the pantry. I might have to incorporate one into the game!

Debala715
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Debala715 on Jul 25, 08 7:54 AM
I played about a half hour of it and enjoyed it. Now I'll just have to wait until I have some game tokens to buy it. LOL

Yes, I've been MIA, but not because I don't like any of you. It's because I haven't had the time to play any games. I think yesterday was the first time I had time to sit down a play a game for a bit.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Jul 25, 08 8:03 AM
debala, good to hear from you again. happy gaming

GinaBean
Manatee
Manatee
4,361 Posts

[Post New]by GinaBean on Jul 25, 08 8:08 AM
Debala, how dare life interrupt your game playing and forum posting!

lilorange
Flounder
Flounder
2,206 Posts

[Post New]by lilorange on Jul 25, 08 8:33 AM
Debala715 wrote:I played about a half hour of it and enjoyed it. Now I'll just have to wait until I have some game tokens to buy it. LOL

Yes, I've been MIA, but not because I don't like any of you. It's because I haven't had the time to play any games. I think yesterday was the first time I had time to sit down a play a game for a bit.

Glad to see you posting again Debala. Some weeks I'm in the same boat--get home late, finish chores and no game time. But, that just makes us enjoy them more and look forward to them!!!

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Jul 25, 08 8:55 AM
Hi There, I moved this over to the "official" Married in Manhattan forum now that it's been created. Hope you guys enjoy the game!

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Jul 25, 08 11:30 AM
nantyglyn wrote:Isn't chocolate one of the basic food groups?

It is in my home.

sillyfeet
Stingray
Stingray
5,447 Posts

[Post New]by sillyfeet on Jul 25, 08 7:11 PM
I discovered another pleasant little surprise. I am playing Jason and Emily's story and I ran across a scene where I actually got locked in a closet and had to find items (inventory items) to help get me out before time ran out, and then when I got out I still had to finish the level. It's a nice little change of pace and I assume it happens at some point in the other couple's story as well.

The more I play this game the more I like it. They have kept the same basic concept and gameplay but by adding little twists, like finding the ringing phone, finding inventory items and getting yourself out of locked rooms it has upped the enjoyment of the game. Very happy I purchased this one.

GinaBean
Manatee
Manatee
4,361 Posts

[Post New]by GinaBean on Jul 25, 08 7:14 PM
Me too sillyfeet, I'm headin' back in to play some more shortly.

Now, who the HECK stole my freakin' Hershey bar? Show yourself, you chocolate theif you!

ghost777
Narwhal
Narwhal
33,167 Posts

[Post New]by ghost777 on Jul 28, 08 8:26 PM
Here it is ,and its a delicious hershey bar gina, love the game just played to he end ,now whats next.can`t wait.

sillyfeet
Stingray
Stingray
5,447 Posts

[Post New]by sillyfeet on Jul 28, 08 8:59 PM
Darn ghost, you finished before me. Haven't had much time to play games lately between chatting it up on the forums and getting the kid ready to head back to school. But, hey, I'll have plenty of game time once she is in school, right?

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Jul 28, 08 9:15 PM
Just finished the game and really enjoyed it. I didn't get the other ones but liked the new features in this one. Not a difficult game. Nice hidden object. Liked the new features enough that I wanted to do the whole thing. Hope the next installment improves even more.

ghost777
Narwhal
Narwhal
33,167 Posts

[Post New]by ghost777 on Jul 29, 08 1:41 AM
Can`t sleep to-night ,so off again this time to pick other couple to play.see if there really is a difference.

ghost777
Narwhal
Narwhal
33,167 Posts

[Post New]by ghost777 on Jul 29, 08 10:37 AM
OMG ,I`m dead ,dead,dead do you hear me or am I a ghost lol,That chocolate was sooooooo good though.

GinaBean
Manatee
Manatee
4,361 Posts

[Post New]by GinaBean on Jul 30, 08 6:17 PM
Edna, the first two were carbon copies of each other, but still decent, relaxing, simple HO games with good graphics. This one has a different twist, plus you can play it as two different couples, which makes it much longer. I'm really enjoying it, hope you do too.

Go to: