cviscara11
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

Are They Having a Laugh!!!

[Post New]by cviscara11 on Jan 6, 15 12:11 AM
I just went to upgrade the Museum and it will take 101 days or 152 gold. 3months is this real or a glitch .
What happened to the new Quests??????

dolphinblue55
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

Re:Are They Having a Laugh!!!

[Post New]by dolphinblue55 on Jan 6, 15 1:34 AM
Mine was 300 and something hours

tully
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by tully on Jan 6, 15 3:53 AM
mine was over 600 hours.

Deanna000
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by Deanna000 on Jan 6, 15 5:11 AM
Mine takes 1221 hours!!!

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Jan 6, 15 5:17 AM
This is interesting. What level were each of you on when you decided to upgrade the Museum?

I have been trying to figure out what makes a difference in the times on the other upgrades else where and had about decided it was the levels - the higher the level the less time. But that is nearly impossible to track on the same game because you obviously can only upgrade a certain thing once.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Jan 6, 15 5:26 AM
How are you upgrading the museum? When I click on FIX, nothing happens at all.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jan 6, 15 5:26 AM
On the BZ forums, Monika suggested checking your system clock to make sure you have the right date and time.

I'm customizing the Ice Cream Parlor. Takes 32 hours which sounds right . I think that's in the ballpark for what buildings were taking when I customized to Ye Olde English.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jan 6, 15 5:28 AM
ChestnutHeights wrote:How are you upgrading the museum? When I click on FIX, nothing happens at all.

Maybe you upgraded your museum to level 5 way back when?

Did you try clicking on customize? There's where you need to go to get the pirate theme.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Jan 6, 15 5:44 AM
TiramaSue wrote:
ChestnutHeights wrote:How are you upgrading the museum? When I click on FIX, nothing happens at all.

Did you try clicking on customize? There's where you need to go to get the pirate theme.

I am right there with CH. Fix button shows as though there is something to do but I do have the custom options (which if I am remembering right does not show till things are upgraded completely. I have no idea if I upgraded/fixed to level 5 - actually, can't imagine I did, unless it was in a fit of finding something to do.

So this then changes the question I posed earlier to the folks having such varied results - question is level and which custom choice did you make? The higher (more costly) custom choices take more time?

barbarasofie
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by barbarasofie on Jan 6, 15 6:02 AM
Hmm... I just don't believe that. I'm level 39 now, and upgrading the museum to level 5 - tells me, it will take another 20 hours, which sounds realistic for me.

Deanna000
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by Deanna000 on Jan 6, 15 6:17 AM
I'm on the 64 level and it takes 1221 hours or 152 gold to customize AES Museum. Fix button doesn't work

Edited on 01/06/2015 at 6:17:54 AM PST

tully
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by tully on Jan 6, 15 6:19 AM
I will try and answer the questions re upgrading the museum, I am on level 71, and it was a change of colour I gave the museum yellow is what I picked. i also changed the ice cream parlour and it will take about 30 hours for the pirate look.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jan 6, 15 6:20 AM
OddlyEnuh wrote:
TiramaSue wrote:

I am right there with CH. Fix button shows as though there is something to do but I do have the custom options (which if I am remembering right does not show till things are upgraded completely. I have no idea if I upgraded/fixed to level 5 - actually, can't imagine I did, unless it was in a fit of finding something to do.

So this then changes the question I posed earlier to the folks having such varied results - question is level and which custom choice did you make? The higher (more costly) custom choices take more time?

It's been almost SEVEN MONTHS since the last update. Odds are that you did upgrade the museum to level 5 during that time.

It's been so long since I've customized, but I seem to recall that the special more costly customizations take longer than the just change the color of the building ones.

It could also be that the first time you customize it takes x hours, and the next time it takes longer.

ldehaan1
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by ldehaan1 on Jan 6, 15 9:19 AM
It is when you click on the museum office. mine was 101 days or 152 gold also and i was at level 101.

jbmf_06
Clownfish
Clownfish
712 Posts

[Post New]by jbmf_06 on Jan 6, 15 1:32 PM
I do not care how long it takes. They are going to build until it is DONE!

[Post New]by jeanieweanie on Jan 6, 15 3:59 PM
It depends on what color you choose to update the building. Yellow is 150 hrs, pink and blue 300 and 600, but they cost the same.

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Jan 6, 15 4:54 PM
What upgrade to the museum? you mean decorate it?

misties
Minnow
Minnow
204 Posts

[Post New]by misties on Jan 6, 15 5:14 PM
I am on level 101 and I started upgrading it right after the update. I went in and checked it and it says 2419.90 left or 151 gold. What the heck is the .90 for? It is upgrading to the pirate theme.
I guess I have to agree with jbmf_06 they have to work til its done. I never laughed so hard at that statement!

Edited on 01/06/2015 at 5:15:47 PM PST

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jan 6, 15 7:06 PM
International Pirate Day is Sept 19. So maybe the buildings are supposed to take forever to customize.

But to me, it looks like this update includes all the stuff we were supposed to much sooner. There's no new achievements for Valentine's Day, so I'm not sure what the counter is counting down to.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Jan 6, 15 7:15 PM
TiramaSue wrote:International Pirate Day is Sept 19. So maybe the buildings are supposed to take forever to customize.

But to me, it looks like this update includes all the stuff we were supposed to much sooner. There's no new achievements for Valentine's Day, so I'm not sure what the counter is counting down to.

In the past, when we upgraded buildings (during the upgrade time) it prohibited us from entering those building or playing those mini-games. I think it's a glitch. I don't think they intended for upgrades to take that long.

As far as Valentine's Day... we were told that one of the reasons for the delay in the update was because they wanted to change the delivery system of how updates are given to the players.

If this update includes that delivery system, then it's quite possible to have achievements for Valentine's Day appear at a date of the developer's choosing.

Think of MC and how they've turned on/off Christmas content.

At least, that's what I'm thinking... just wish they'd get the rest of the stuff worked out so we can actually play already!

Go to: