Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Emerland Solitaire: Endless Journey here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jan 6, 15 1:23 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please include the Operating System you are using.

Edited on 01/06/2015 at 6:02:20 AM PST

pita1234
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Emerland Solitaire: Endless Journey here

[Post New]by pita1234 on Jan 6, 15 2:55 AM
After tutorial round, screen went black and froze my computer - couldn't even CAD. Had to turn computer off. Don't even want to try again! Windows XP.

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Jan 6, 15 5:55 AM
I was able to play a few rounds before my computer froze up. I couldn't get out of the game. It even overrode my task manager. I had to turn off my computer to get out of it. When I went back in I couldn't play without buying hearts. I only completed 5 hands before I had to pay or quit. I chose to quit and delete.

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Jan 6, 15 6:02 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

divaprods
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by divaprods on Jan 6, 15 9:25 AM
My computer froze after picking my avatar

brimaz
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by brimaz on Jan 6, 15 11:13 AM
I managed to play one round, then the screen went black and that was it - what a waste of time! Come on, Big Fish - when there are this many people having exactly the same problem, it's obviously not our computers at fault. Even if you fix it, I won't know because I'm about to dump the game and not bother again.

[Post New]by mojojojo05201 on Jan 6, 15 12:26 PM
Froze after first hand and then i get a blank screen want to play looks like fun

[Post New]by shanann64 on Jan 6, 15 4:00 PM
I started the game, played the tutorial round, screen flashed and the game quit. It will not start again past the opening Big Fish Screen; after that the screen flashes and it quits. This is obviously a game glitch, I agree with the other posters on here as well.
I am playing on Windows 7 Home Premium (32-bit)Desktop PC. Also, my other FTP games play fine; Awakening Kingdoms and Midnight Castle.

Edited on 01/06/2015 at 4:54:19 PM PST

[Post New]by palominoz on Jan 7, 15 6:36 PM
I am having issues as well. The game would download and activate, but wouldn't get past the Big Fish, then Rainbow Games screens. It would bring me right back to the Big Fish Manager and say "Thanks for playing, play again" and the game had never even started! I uninstalled and reinstalled the game 3 times (using Revo Uninstaller Pro) and even uninstalled and reinstalled the BF Game Manager. Any thoughts? I am running Windows 7 Ultimate.

Edited on 01/07/2015 at 6:37:04 PM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Jan 8, 15 10:57 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that there are various issues with the game, including freezing and trouble with keeping the game open.

As mentioned in bfgLianorm's post, the following help article contains some very useful steps:

If that still doesn't work, I would definitely recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are always glad to help.

bfgWaimea

[Post New]by janiebee on Jan 8, 15 2:02 PM
Hi, I don't have any problems playing this game but I can't get out of it when I'm finished. None of the buttons for 'option' or anything else work and to end the game I have to ctrl+alt+delete and end the programme that way.
Anyone else have this ???

Ssuzq1
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Ssuzq1 on Jan 10, 15 5:05 AM
I have a problem with purchasing -- I purchased 20 Wild Cards and they never showed up in the game. BFG tells us to contact Customer Service -- really?
I've tried to contact them TWICE about this issue and they have completely ignored me. I learned my lesson with these Free Games -- will never play them again.

[Post New]by BeachBum902 on Jan 10, 15 7:55 AM
janiebee wrote:Hi, I don't have any problems playing this game but I can't get out of it when I'm finished. None of the buttons for 'option' or anything else work and to end the game I have to ctrl+alt+delete and end the programme that way.
Anyone else have this ???

Yes, I also had the same problem. However, yesterday when I opened the game and after I lost all my lives again (LOL), I noticed that on the "map" screen at the bottom right there is an EXIT option. That did work and has since then.

Hope this helps!

RasmusB
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by RasmusB on Jan 11, 15 3:12 AM
Ssuzq1 wrote:I have a problem with purchasing -- I purchased 20 Wild Cards and they never showed up in the game. BFG tells us to contact Customer Service -- really?
I've tried to contact them TWICE about this issue and they have completely ignored me. I learned my lesson with these Free Games -- will never play them again.

I have the same issue, execept the game crashed when transaction was finished, and when I restarted the game, the 20 cards wasn't there.

dachsy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by dachsy on Jan 12, 15 11:48 PM
My computer also froze after selecting avatar.

[Post New]by Kyanite on Jan 13, 15 11:45 AM
My game locked up once after playing several times. The crash is not my issue, the issue is that when I went to play again I had lost ALL of my progress. I had to create a new profile.

Also the game does not use the avatar I select.

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Jan 13, 15 2:37 PM
Hey dachsy

I'm really sorry to see the game is freezing when you try to select your avatar! I would recommend checking out the following help article for steps that can help prevent the game from freezing:

If that doesn't quite do the trick, please contact Tech Support HERE with a Dr. Felix Report, and one of our Reps will be happy to work with you.

Kyanite, it's possible that the crash damaged the original saved profile, which is why it caused you to start over. I would also recommend that help article so you can prevent another crash, and if you'd like to double check what other factors could cause the game to start over, you can also contact Tech Support with a Dr. Felix report to get in touch with a Rep.

RasmusB and Ssuzq1, I really want to apologize for any delay in getting a response from Customer Support. They're still catching up from the holidays, but I checked in with them to see when you may receive a response, and it appears both of you were sent a response a little earlier today. If you don't see a reply in your inbox, please check your Spam folder, since it's possible the email could have been filtered out to there.

I really hope this information helps!

bfgVaiya

[Post New]by ChrisJones71 on Jan 22, 15 4:46 AM
Well I have a new problem...When I downloaded the game, embedded in the program were four other programs that were hidden inside the original program. These programs were...Blockandsurf, Smart Web, Any Protect and WinCheck. They installed themselves automatically without my permission, then proceeded to totally screw up all my laptop settings. This is the second time in two days that I have downloaded a game from BigFish that this has happened. If anyone here is linked to any other game forum then spread the word !!! I have sent a strongly worded email to BF but no doubt all I'll get is a rubbish apology and a free game coupon.

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Jan 22, 15 4:59 PM
Hey ChrisJones71

I'm really sorry to see this happened! I can definitely understand how upsetting it is to see unknown programs installing themselves, but I can assure you, they did not come with the game.

Our site, as well as our games, are tested daily by McAfee Secure software, and we hold ourselves to the guarantee that all of our games are quality tested and free of these types of programs. On any game page on our site, below the game description next to our Better Business Bureau accreditation, we keep an updated tag of when our last security scan was performed.

If a game comes with a packaged installer, this is an update for one of the platforms the game is built on, such as DirectX. The games on our site do not come packaged with any software that isn't directly related to the game itself.

Sometimes malware can lay dormant in your computer for a period of time, and they'll take action after that time is done.

I hope this information helps, but if there are any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of the Mods. We all want to make sure your computer is secure, and Tech Support is more than happy to investigate this to ensure our games are safe.

bfgVaiya

[Post New]by okiegirl694 on Jan 28, 15 6:28 AM
I have the same problem as palominoz my game after playing once and quitting will not load again. I have tried deleting it and reinstalling it but it still will not load.
I am running windows 7 professional

Go to: