Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Fill and Cross Pirate Riddles 2 here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jan 7, 15 1:00 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 01/07/2015 at 5:19:08 AM PST

Brendansoma1
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Fill and Cross Pirate Riddles 2 here.

[Post New]by Brendansoma1 on Jan 7, 15 1:20 AM
Not too impressed with this game. The green tiles kind of blend in with the background, and I would have preferred a clear X, not the crossing swords, for the unused tiles. All in all too strenuous for my eyes.
Too bad, cause I like these kind of games

Edited on 01/07/2015 at 6:58:58 AM PST

Wicked500
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by Wicked500 on Jan 7, 15 3:37 AM
I agree with Brendansoma1 - not that impressive at all

[Post New]by bfgGlithui on Jan 7, 15 5:19 AM
Good morning!

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Fill and Cross Pirate Riddles 2 here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Fill and Cross Pirate Riddles 2.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgGlithui

moesart
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by moesart on Jan 7, 15 7:15 AM
I'm a big fan of these games. I didn't have a problem with the green color or the crossed swords for x's. The left and right clicks worked fine. I had to turn the sounds way down. That part was annoying. I like the auto-fill type games like gizmos but this might be a possible buy.

forneymary
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by forneymary on Jan 7, 15 11:19 AM
this game has a relaxed mode. i hated the sound so i turned it down then noticed its not necessary to have aperfect score to advance into the last levels. that alone is the most exciting thing about the game. i love this type of puzzle but having to be perfect gets anoying. its taking me weeks to finesh "fill and cross-world contest".

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on Jan 7, 15 11:33 AM
Nothing exciting about this one. Graphics are blah. I will keep replaying Fantasy Mosaics 1-5 until they bring a 6 out. Even the guessing in FM is more enjoyable than this game.

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Jan 7, 15 12:24 PM
I liked this game okay. But the sounds were very annoying so I turned them down Especially the cross out sound.

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Jan 7, 15 1:28 PM
I love it! A definite "buy" for me! Thanks BF for fixing this one. I was wondering if it would be released again. I was so thrilled to see it offered today.

I love nonograms and tend to buy them when they come out. It takes thought and patience to be able to get everything right and sometimes it does take doing the level over again. Still, I find it an enjoyable way to relax and now I even have my daughter hooked on them, lol. This particular Fill & Cross is basically the same as the others in the series. The only difference between the Fill & Cross and some of the others is the lack of automatic fill-in for the puzzles, but it really isn't that big a deal nor does it take a lot of effort to fill in the spaces that should be "x'ed" out. I think the Asian Riddles series is also like that, too.

I thought the graphics were fabulous. I didn't have any problem seeing the colors on the squares. For me it was a marked improvement from the latest Gizmo game, which I did purchase. With the Gizmo game, I can only play a short time as it hurts my eyes because the colors blend in with the background. I played with the sound down so I can't comment on that aspect, but I enjoyed the game so well, it didn't really matter to me. Thanks BF!

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Jan 7, 15 4:43 PM
Ahoy mates! Shiver me timbers and blow me down! This game is a double delight for me - pirate theme (always wanted to be a pirate) combined with one of my favorite puzzles, nonograms. It seems 8 Floor has finally gotten its software problems resolved. The Christmas game froze up during the startup of the game.

However. there are two things I dislike about the nonograms from this dev. The first is that you cannot exit the game without losing your progress if you have not finished the level. . The other factor I dislike is the lack of autofill which other devs provide.

I am tired from a hectic work day and still have a major issue with BF. My consistent "sunny" (Hey - I am known for my smiley face LOL) disposition is being tested on how many BF barracudas and nastiness I can tolerate in a week! Oh, well, I guess I will get on board this game, relax and sail as far away from the BF pond as possible!

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Please post your REVIEWS for Fill and Cross Pirate Riddles 2 here.

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Jan 7, 15 7:11 PM
This is a pleasant enough game. But it would be very much more pleasant if we were told what the completed layouts were supposed to BE!

On that ground alone, not a buy for me; there are so many competitors that don't suffer from that lack.

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Jan 8, 15 8:47 AM
I've been enjoying this game for a few months since I got it from a free legit website. All the puzzles are fair and doable. I just wish they had the option to auto-complete rows/columns that are finished like the Gizmo games.

Zoppy
Herring
Herring
396 Posts

[Post New]by Zoppy on Jan 13, 15 2:09 AM
It's a great game. But what the heck am I looking at? The artwork for the levels is TERRIBLE! I am working on the third island and I think I have only been able to identify what the picture is (even after completing the level) once or twice in the game.

Go to: