SARAHBEE
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

To those unhappy with Xmas/ lack of update

[Post New]by SARAHBEE on Jan 7, 15 1:35 PM
(voice of Old Timer)
' Now then young'uns I remember the 'Great Level 18 Lockout ' of Spring 14. It was the worst winter in living memory, the storm started on January 30th, as bleak a day as ever there has been and it continued like this until 10th March (nigh on 6 weeks) when the sun came out and all was well again.
Many friends were caught in that storm, some we lost for ever and some were only wounded, but those wounds ran deep and the scars are still there to remind us that none of us will ever be the same again. Even the lucky ones who were warned by the lead party, of the horror they were approaching, could only watch as they cowered behind level 17 not daring to step one foot over the threshold of level 18 in case they too were lost in the mists of time, unable to either advance or retreat!!
And as for the tale of the fabled Bow Figurine, alas I cannot speak of a terror so great that it made grown men weep and grown women wail.'
For those of you out there who didn't go through either of these times - count your lucky stars they were as bad as the forum says they were
For any other veterans out there just remember -they couldn't break us then and they won't break us now

JUST REMEMBER IT IS ONLY A GAME
Sarah Bee

okiejustme2006
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

Re:To those unhappy with Xmas/ lack of update

[Post New]by okiejustme2006 on Jan 7, 15 1:40 PM
Ah, so true!
Thanks for the reminder,
Connie
Aah me

gernespieler
Catfish
Catfish
1,615 Posts

[Post New]by gernespieler on Jan 7, 15 1:54 PM
very very true and with every update we had/have still the old and some new problems

Lilabelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
516 Posts

[Post New]by Lilabelle on Jan 7, 15 2:02 PM
You are so right to remind players of how horrific the delays in the game were for many players. Whereas this delay is actually in our favor. So take advantage, collect eggs, cards to sell off. Run through those snowflakes for diamonds and double coin. Think of it as payback for all those we lost before the final fix finally took effect. Think of it as a good thing because when the gnomes come back the drop rate diamonds grow much scarcer and the stamp drop was about one per round and the coin drop was back to 10.

SARAHBEE
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

[Post New]by SARAHBEE on Jan 7, 15 2:09 PM
Thanks gernespieler /Lilabelle for getting the point - however bad it seems now, it could get a whole lot worse
As you say Lilabelle think of this time as a bonus and make hay while the sun shines, because sooner or later it WILL start raining

Sarah Bee

lcjdqs
Clownfish
Clownfish
691 Posts

[Post New]by lcjdqs on Jan 7, 15 2:13 PM
You all make this day seem a little brighter. Thanks

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Jan 7, 15 2:27 PM
Sarah Bee...........thanks for the chuckle........needed it.........and yes I remember the lockout and the bow figure.........guess I needed a reminder that things could (and can) be worse.

apollogold
Catfish
Catfish
1,584 Posts

[Post New]by apollogold on Jan 7, 15 2:54 PM
Bless you SarahBee.... for reminding us 'Old Timers' and 'Newbies' alike... what it was like in the beginning. The 'Lockout' nearly did it in for me ( hard to believe I managed to stick it out for six weeks!). Then the treaded Bow and Six Paws! You really brought back some memories! And you are right... the sun is shining, but I have a feeling that after the new up-date... it's gonna start raining again. But come Sun or Rain... I'm here for the long haul. Happy Gaming everyone.

Apollo / Shadow in the castle

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jan 7, 15 3:21 PM
Oh SarahBee, you made my day, lol. I do remember well, and even today, I approach those areas with trepidation, and then relief

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Jan 7, 15 3:23 PM
Just been kicked out of the Castle! Is it the end of Christmas and an update or just the end of Christmas?
The great lock out, those were the days; IMO the forum was much nicer then no-one rushing in demanding an update!
Thanks SarahBee, as others have already said for reminding us!

Lilabelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
516 Posts

[Post New]by Lilabelle on Jan 7, 15 3:23 PM
LOL looks like it has arrived. Lets hold our breath cross our fingers and hope for a smooth transition. Happy Download when it arrives to all, and to all Happy Gaming.

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Jan 7, 15 3:27 PM
SarahBee, you are the woman. You have a way of hitting the nail right square on the head. I was one of those whose family found her huddled in a corner, simpering and sobbing after two weeks on the bow figurine. And that was only the beginning!

I actually enjoyed the Christmas content and was content to play it for as long as it lasted. And that was until 2 minutes ago, when right in the middle of playing the game, the text box showed up saying my version was out-of-date. I guess I lost all progress. Oh well, compared to the old bow, this is nothing.

I'm shrugging it off and will forge ahead. Again, thank you for the blast from the past.

SARAHBEE
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

[Post New]by SARAHBEE on Jan 7, 15 3:53 PM
So glad to hear from you, whitebutterfly, to find out the dates of the 'great lockout'. I trawled through the early part of the forum and just before the update of March 10th (which was flawed) I found a great thread called ' maybe we shouldn't hurry technology' started by the one and only -YOU. Here are just a few of the points you made in that well written post

"Just wanted to add my little two cents about waiting for the second half of game. I too am frustrated that the game wasn't complete before offering it."
"I feel a definite brain drain repeating the same HOSs over and over again without actually moving forward in the game"
"I have assumed we played the first half of the game and am waiting for the second half...it would really be awful if this game was developed in thirds, or god forbid, fourths."

Whilst it was written and read in all seriousness at the time, it was the last point which made me laugh out loud tonight and wonder will we still be laughing at our naivety this time next year?

Happy gaming
Sarah Bee

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Jan 7, 15 4:02 PM
OMG, was I really that naive? LOL Kinda puts everything into perspective now, doesn't it?

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Jan 7, 15 4:22 PM
Sarah Bee,
Thanks for two chuckles, first with your original "old timer" post, and a bigger one quoting whitebutterfly. This game does sort of chew you up and spit you out every now and then. It's how much you recover in between that separates the women from the girls (and sometimes the men from the boys LOL).

Go to: