catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Love Chronicles: A Winter's Spell CE here!

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Jan 8, 15 12:51 AM
A thread for your reviews!

Edited on 01/08/2015 at 5:54:53 AM PST

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Love Chronicles: A Winter's Spell CE here!

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Jan 8, 15 5:55 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Love Chronicles: A Winter's Spell Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Love Chronicles: A Winter's Spell Collector's Edition.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgLianorm

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Jan 8, 15 6:05 AM
DON'T LET THE FROZEN FINGERS OF THE ICE QUEEN GRASP YOU INTO HER CLUTCHES

Better stock up on anti-freeze to play this offering from the Game Vendor You play a mother whose daughter, Lerione, is kidnapped by a magician, Mr.X during her eighth birthday party. In a "touching" moment the Ice Queen uses her frozen fingers to turn your subjects into ice along with his or her heart. If you do not act quickly, as soon as the last person in the kingdom has his or her heart turned to ice, the Ice Queen will reclaim her throne. A wizard, Lucio , has escaped the icy clutches of this queen and will help you locate your daughter and battle this monster. Can you warm up all the hearts in the kingdom including that of the Ice Queen?

LEVELS: 4 - Casual (Sparkles) Advanced (Sparkles - longer for hints, skips) Hard (no sparkles) CUSTOMIZED

GRAPHICS : Clear, bright colors to create a beautiful story-like, winter setting

INVENTORY AND HOP SCENES: The inventory is lockable. The inventory and HOP scenes are varied and puzzle-like In the demo most of the HOP scenes were silhouette.

PUZZLES: In the demo I encountered A. Variations of sliding tile puzzles. B. Potions to create. C. Variations of jig-saw puzzles D. Matching puzzles E. Location of items with a telescope.

EXTRA GOODIES: A. Transportable interactive map B. A book unfreezing characters in the game. C Collect runes giving you special abilities which are activated after playing a fairy tale game and charging a crystal. D. Collect jigsaw puzzle pieces which unfreeze hearts after the puzzle is completed. E. Collect 15 Christmas ornaments for a home setting F. 25 morphing objects which are indicated on the map. Every 5 gives you a greeting card. G. Strategy guide, H. Wallpapers and "muzac" tracks

COMMENTS: THIS GAME WARMS MY HEART during a polar vortex! This game has it all: collectibles, morphing objects; jigsaw puzzles; an excellent storyline ; fairy tales within fairy tales; mini HOP scenes within HOP scenes; unique puzzles which are not terribly difficult. There were more puzzles than HOP scenes in the demo. Definitely a winter delight to play while sitting in front of a warm fire as the frigid fingers of the Ice Queen frosts your windows with icy designs. And the best thing - NO HELPERS! LOL

I RATE THIS GAME 5 ICICLES OUT OF 5 ICICLES. THERE ARE ENOUGH ICICLES FOR YOU TO CREATE A WINTER WONDERLAND.

Edited on 01/08/2015 at 6:57:17 AM PST

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by steve_san on Jan 8, 15 12:21 PM

Great Ice Rune Lair Story

This is a game that the player will know within the first two minutes whether or not she will like it.

Briefly, this is a fairy tale type game. It contains the following:
amulets
magic mirrors
crystal balls
history scrolls
runes
potions
spells
evil wizard
good wizard
missing child
... and other fairy tale-ish stuff too numerous to mention.

If fairy tales are your thing, then most likely you will love, maybe really love , this game. If not, you will have a hard time playing to the end of the demo. Because everything else - i.e. artwork, sounds and music - are high quality. So this will not be a detailed review since I do not think it would help anyone make up their mind.

I must add that in the custom difficulty level, the scale for the sliders for hint and skip recharge are labelled as Very long and Quickly instead of the number of seconds. Bad decision in my opinion as this forces you to guess what the setting actually is.

The Ice Queen is not for me, but she may be for thee. Enjoy.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Jan 8, 15 6:43 PM
Hi all. Well, another addition to this series. Yes, I have the other three and really liked them all, but I won't be getting this one. Colors are very muted, but that's okay, it's a fairytale. Graphics were a bit too fuzzy for my old eyes and movements were somewhat choppy. Music was quite soothing and nice. Very few voice overs and not really much in the way of sound FX. This game is very quiet, except for the music.

There is a jump map that comes in quite handy, as you to a lot of back tracking. Hint system works very well and does transport to other locations. It also refills slowly. SG was a bit odd, in that when it opened, you were in the "extras" section and not in the game...weird. HOPs were "find the silhouette and use it to find something else." I don't mind these, but not an entire game. No items were not hard to find, but it got old real fast.

Collectibles are puzzle pieces that you use to "help" the characters in the game. They are hidden everywhere, so be on the lookout. I'm not keen on the fairytale type of story telling, e.g. find parts before you can find out more of the story. There are morphing objects in this one, but they are not easy to spot.

This game just seemed to move very slowly for me. The only challenge was find the morphing objects and I got frustrated with those (something I do like). There was nothing in this game to make me want to keep playing after the demo ended. I was surprised I lasted that long. This may appeal to beginners, and that would be the only reason I recommend this game, but not seasoned gamers. No buy for me.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may find this one to be exactly what you are looking for today. Thanks for the reviews.

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Jan 8, 15 10:13 PM
I also found the game to move very slowly.I got bored with it as I just didn't feel excited to find out what was going to happen next. I might play the demo again when it comes out as an SE and see if I like it any better.

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Jan 10, 15 10:48 AM
This game is not easy.. or at least it wasn't for me. I had to use hints and in first part had a hard time finding what I needed to do but stuck with it. I did end up playing until the end and found it to be entertaining. Liked the different HOG's and puzzles. Graphics were good and story too. Give this 3 out of 5 stars..

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Jan 10, 15 2:24 PM
Lovely game. Very pretty graphics, beautiful yet unobtrusive music, fun puzzles, clever and creative HOGs and very relaxing game play. I just spent three hours playing and I didn't have one instant of frustration or annoyance. Great sale too. I'm very pleased with my purchase.

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Jan 12, 15 11:43 PM
to "Snapnhiss" - I have to agree with your comments - I have really been enjoying this game - although I have to admit I've been playing a lot longer than 3 hours and still not finished. Only issue is that I've had the devil of a time trying to find the morphing objects - I've missed so many of them (mostly because I keep forgetting about those) - anyway - it is still an enjoyable game for me. I find I forget about time and before I know it, it's either time to scramble to get supper made or I look at the clock and it's "yikes" - really late in the night !!

[Post New]by shelterhill on Jan 17, 15 8:14 AM
I hadn't tried this one yet, the previous games were not for me, so I expected nothing from this installment, but after reading the reviews here I gave it a try. And am I glad I did. I loved it, unique gameplay (well, maybe not exactly, but quite new anyway).
Graphics are beautiful, the puzzles a bit confusing, but overall a really nice game.
I will wait for the SE though because everything was moving slowly, in my case that is due to my pc. And morphing objects, no need, I forget looking for them, so no need for those. But what a great game!!

Edited on 01/17/2015 at 8:15:32 AM PST

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Jan 21, 15 8:12 PM
I do not write reviews unless I am incredibly moved to do so. As I have finished the main game and have read the ridiculously offensive reviews by some of the posters above that like to bash women - here are my simple girly thoughts on this game. Do the children out there really think that by bolding the first letter of phrases meant to insult people, they are making a secret code that will go over our silly little heads? Or are they just blatantly saying women are stupid and therefore we are the reason why these poor deprived manly men can't find games to play? Hard to tell, but then I'm a girl and so I must be too stupid to figure it out. *sigh*

ETA: I see one of the men deleted their G.I.R.L. secret code posts. One down, one to go.

But back to the review...

These developers are one of my favorites and I thought this was probably the best in this series. I happen to actually like gaming and enjoy all sorts of story themes. I can play a blood and gorefest one day and then have rainbows and ponies the next and be quite content with both. If people can try to keep an open mind to different genres, I think people might enjoy this one for the gameplay aspect alone.

I recommend this game in particular for the challenge. This was not a breeze to play like Eipix or Elephant where you have all these action cut scenes so the game feels all exciting, but then the actual gameplay is repetitive across their respective catalogs. In this game, for one challenge example, there are morphing objects - but not in every scene. You can make it easier by looking at the strategy guide or map, OR you can challenge yourself and go get them by yourself if you are brave enough to look for them as you go.

Items were clear and crisp, but some of those HOP scenes were hard! The HOP scenes were also very creative and there were different levels of interactiveness in each of them so they had a unique feel.

There was quite the variety of puzzles throughout the game also with varying levels of challenge. I enjoyed them and also enjoyed wondering what the next puzzle would be as I progressed through the game.

This game was long too! If people are interested in getting your money's worth from a time perspective, this one's a good one. I don't time myself but I know I must have spent a good 6-7 hours on the main game alone.

I liked the story, the challenge, the variety in gameplay and length. I was very happy and glad I played.

Edited on 02/12/2015 at 5:21:00 AM PST

Go to: