bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Yard Sale Hidden Treasures: Sunnyville - Released on May 11, 2009

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on May 11, 09 11:00 PM
Spruce up your dream home and see it featured as a magazine cover story. As Sunnyville`s newest resident, the town is counting on you to beat your snooty neighbor Atia in the Superstar Homes Magazine Contest. Hit the local yard sales and search for hidden swag in Sunnyville`s most eccentric homes. Use your crafting expertise to make divine décor out of everyday items in Yard Sale Hidden Treasures: Sunnyville.

windrose53
Flounder
Flounder
2,385 Posts

Re:Yard Sale Hidden Treasures: Sunnyville - Released on May 11, 2009

[Post New]by windrose53 on May 12, 09 12:05 PM
Woah......what happened here? Was this forum deleted and recreated?

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on May 15, 09 3:36 AM
That's what I was wondering since the game was released in August 08'. I bought the game back in October (impulse buy for the promo ) and the game worked back then. Now it doesn't work right. I just tried to demo the new YSHT - Lucky Junction and it doesn't work right on my PC. No wide screen and the cursor moves kind of slow. So I went back into the Sunnyville game to check it out again since I don't think I ever finished it and low & behold..... it doesn't work right now either.

I came into the Game Forum to see my review of the game back when it came out to see if I mentioned the problems back then. Must not have been any problems since I bought the game, but still, my review and/or thoughts about the game are gone.

windrose53
Flounder
Flounder
2,385 Posts

[Post New]by windrose53 on May 15, 09 3:51 AM
Found out from the mod's response to my post in chit chat that there are now 2 forums for this game. All the posts that were in the other forum are still there. To get to the other forum you have to choose it from the drop down menu at the bottom of the page. Choose the second Yard Sale forum.

He (the mod) said he would report it so it would be fixed, but I looked at the "all forums" drop down list and counted over 25 game forums that are doubled, including some "big name/popular" games (Cate West Velvet Keys, Fishdom H20, CSI NY). So I doubt it will ever get fixed.

Anniejo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,109 Posts

[Post New]by Anniejo on May 15, 09 4:29 AM
Isn´t it something to do with it being released for Mac????????????

Remember reading it in another thread.

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on May 15, 09 5:03 AM
The Forums really need an overhaul! After finding out about the drop down tab (this shouldn't be needed) I found my review. I wish I could have found it before I bought the game in October.

windrose53
Flounder
Flounder
2,385 Posts

[Post New]by windrose53 on May 15, 09 12:47 PM
Anniejo wrote:Isn´t it something to do with it being released for Mac????????????

Remember reading it in another thread.

That was my guess, but no one actually confirmed it. I just noticed that it happened the same day the Mac game came out.

Bobswife80
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Bobswife80 on May 15, 09 1:11 PM
Game is freezing up and beep, beep beep. This was in demo glad I haven't bought it yet. What is wrong with BFG lately??

[Post New]by camsgma on May 15, 09 3:05 PM
I had the same problem on the Lucky Junction game that I had on the Sunnyville one.....I can play for awhile, then get an error message and the game shuts down. I remember reading about the problems in the first one and had to uninstall/reinstall after they fixed it.......sounds like bf hasn't learned from their previous mistakes???? Too bad, because I like the HO games. Oh well, this one's a bust.

windrose53
Flounder
Flounder
2,385 Posts

[Post New]by windrose53 on May 16, 09 3:28 AM
While I didn't have any problems with Sunnyville, I did have problems with Lucky Junction. It kept getting an access violation error and the game crashed. I had to update my video driver to fix it.

Try that (if you're not sure how there are good instructions on the help FAQ page). Or contact customer support (green envelope on right side of screen -------------> ) they're very good with these kind of problems.

BTW - (in reference to you're "what's wrong with BFG lately" ) Big Fish Games did not create either of these games, they're just selling them. SlapDash created them.

Again - the problem is probably your video driver - needs to be updated.

Go to: