Virtual Family... when do children come home from college?

[Post New]by iloverainbows on May 12, 09 2:03 AM
Hi everyone.... I am new to forums and really have enjoyed reading all your posts. I love this game Virtual Family... and do have a question. I suppose I am experiencing the empty nest syndrome... Two of my children have gone off to college. When do they return? They have been gone so long. Sure do miss them. So glad I have found this forum. I also have been reading your messages on chit chat corner. What a delightful time I have had reading your imputs on everything... Thank you ... each and everyone of you.

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,060 Posts

Re:Virtual Family... when do children come home from college?

[Post New]by cat52 on May 12, 09 3:02 AM
When your family is ready to have a new head of household (when one or two of your current parents have died) the (now young adult) kids will show up so you can pick a new head of household.

Lauralei
Clownfish
Clownfish
652 Posts

[Post New]by Lauralei on May 12, 09 5:56 AM
Hi, iloverainbows. Well, after all you've done for them I hope they at least called you on Mother's Day. No? Mine didn't either. They better not come home with a bag of laundry, that's all I have to say.

Libby97
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by Libby97 on Apr 13, 10 2:47 PM
cat52 wrote:When your family is ready to have a new head of household (when one or two of your current parents have died) the (now young adult) kids will show up so you can pick a new head of household.

i cudnt put it better myself

Libby97
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by Libby97 on Apr 13, 10 2:49 PM
Lauralei wrote:Hi, iloverainbows. Well, after all you've done for them I hope they at least called you on Mother's Day. No? Mine didn't either. They better not come home with a bag of laundry, that's all I have to say.

sameeee but i hae had an e-mail from a chil bfore saying she missed them and she was enjoyng her self

[Post New]by daddyNsarah on Apr 17, 10 10:45 PM
I had the same exact question... lol. So, when one of my adults die, all children at college will come back? or when [/i]both of my adults die, all children will come back? AND what if i have 2 or more children at college, will they all come back, and who will i decide which one will be the new head of household? Im reallly confused, haha. But, i probably confused you all with my question!

[Post New]by MrsJDBieber on Apr 20, 10 3:10 PM
cat52 wrote:When your family is ready to have a new head of household (when one or two of your current parents have died) the (now young adult) kids will show up so you can pick a new head of household.

Basicaly, when your mom or dad dies the child comes home and you decide who inherites the house.

kgains
Minnow
Minnow
233 Posts

[Post New]by kgains on Apr 24, 10 12:33 PM
They dont return....You know unless someone dies.

And i enjoy this game to

[Post New]by LovePotion2011 on Jul 5, 11 1:35 AM
I have to wait until my kids' parents died so they would return? That's too mean! Could they just return after five years in this game or two days in true time? I miss my kids, even their parents felt elated and sometimes didn't even mention about their kids but loose socks and groceries...you know, sometimes I spend lots of money with my little friends' groceries..

barbiecats2000
Catfish
Catfish
1,665 Posts

[Post New]by barbiecats2000 on Jul 16, 11 7:44 AM
This game doesn't really get into extended families. Once parent dies you can choose one of the kids to take over the house. Sometimes a kid will email the parents or a sib will email their sib but that's about it.

Oceanshimmer
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by Oceanshimmer on Aug 20, 11 9:15 PM
It is kind of sad that in each generation you get to see one of kids again and the rest go out of the family forever except for their pic on the family tree.

It would be nice if they at least visited.

[Post New]by Hepmewiththis on Dec 26, 12 8:55 PM
I also need a question does the head master of the house after the death of the parents have to have been at college

[Post New]by boncloud72104 on Dec 30, 12 11:29 AM
NOT exactly.if none of your kids have gone to college, then their all the head.{they won't get love e-mails until college age though.}

kayette
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
449 Posts

[Post New]by kayette on Dec 31, 12 9:22 AM
Hepmewiththis wrote:I also need a question does the head master of the house after the death of the parents have to have been at college

Once you click the 'Next Generation' button, all the children will have become adults even if they were still living at home. Ages get randomized too, twins and triplets mysteriously age at different rates!

[Post New]by Bethanydavis72 on Feb 24, 13 12:11 AM
When though because only 1 of mine has come back and she is 17 and the other was her but huts dissapered it was really strange some one please help me

[Post New]by jijiyoung on Jun 25, 13 10:46 AM
when they come back, do they come back with a husband or wife???

lorie56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,869 Posts

[Post New]by lorie56 on Jun 26, 13 8:58 AM
jijiyoung wrote:when they come back, do they come back with a husband or wife???

No, they go through the same marriage proposal thing as the peep before them.

[Post New]by galaxygirl8 on Sep 27, 13 10:47 AM
I'm really glad you asked this question because I was wondering the same thing. Also, I think that your little friends die around 70. Good luck!

[Post New]by GintokiSakata on Nov 4, 13 4:16 AM
Hurro, iloverainbows.

Your peep's children can't come home unless your mom peep or dad peep( FROM THE GAME NOT IRL XD ) dies and start a new generation. Except, you can only choose one to inherit the house. You still can get emails from them, though.

[Post New]by luis5920 on Nov 12, 13 5:17 PM
I have six children that went to college so when the parents die do they all come back

Go to: