april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

Cost of New Countries (Possible Spolier Alert)

[Post New]by april3850 on Jan 9, 15 2:22 AM
The cost to enter the new countries is steep. You dont get to use energy to enter them like in the normal cities. You have to buy aviation fuel to enter them. Each country takes either 1, 2, or 3 aviation fuels, which cost 5 gold each. So that makes the cost to enter each country 5, 10, or 15 gold. Some of the countries once you enter them will give you additional fuel, but not always, its a gamble. I purchased 100 aviation fuels for 500 gold and I am down to 20. That's after doing each scene 5 times. The last 2 countries, Spain and Romania, they give you Ran the Owls which are a Special Collection and can be cashed in for 10 gold. So you can get some of your gold back, but not all of it.

I recommend if you are going to fly to these countries, SAVE YOUR GOLD!!!! You will need it.

tully
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Re:Cost of New Countries (Possible Spolier Alert)

[Post New]by tully on Jan 9, 15 3:31 AM
Thanks for the heads up April.

[Post New]by fishfingers10 on Jan 9, 15 8:17 AM
thanks for the heads up, shame you cant buy them with coins, especially as the new collections are for stars but hey ho still smiling here.

satcdt
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by satcdt on Jan 9, 15 9:03 AM
Thanx for the alert - however many of us haven't gotten any info on how to fix the airplane. Any help would be appreciated!

[Post New]by kazoo460 on Jan 17, 15 4:34 PM
Does anyone know how to open Spain and Romania without using gold?

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Jan 17, 15 4:50 PM
I have just bumped up the thread about Fuel Saving strategy as that has lots of useful advice on how to get fuel without having to spend so much gold. The key thing is that not only do the countries return some to you, but you also get fuel by putting together the pieces you have collected in the countries to make up the collectible items.

I think that we just have to wait a bit longer for Spain and Romania to be opened up for us - it may be that they will arrive with the Valentine's event...... After all, there is plenty to be doing in the meantime.

sanzi19
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by sanzi19 on Jan 17, 15 5:47 PM
You dont have to spend any gold on fuel! Just play the first two country's, italie and greece, too master level and you have enough to play the next 2 or three country's. If your out of fuel; play Greece again till you have enough fuel again. you can/must go back and forth like that and you dont have to spend gold. Greece gave me 9 out of ten times fuel, i could build alot of stock by playing just Greece and putting the parts togheter. Now i have all the buildings level 5 (their done in 26hrs now) and did not used any gold for fuel.
You have to play the country's anyway to get the recousces, really a waste of gold to buy fuel with it. But that is just my opinion. I only paid for spain because i needed the wallpaper. But with all the stars you get from putting the parts together, it wasent that diffecult to get 80 gold for spain because the star slotmachine is very geneuros with giving gold.

Edited on 01/17/2015 at 5:51:04 PM PST

crisgori
Minnow
Minnow
241 Posts

[Post New]by crisgori on Jan 18, 15 1:48 AM
sanzi19 wrote:You dont have to spend any gold on fuel! Just play the first two country's, italie and greece, too master level and you have enough to play the next 2 or three country's. If your out of fuel; play Greece again till you have enough fuel again. you can/must go back and forth like that and you dont have to spend gold. Greece gave me 9 out of ten times fuel, i could build alot of stock by playing just Greece and putting the parts togheter. Now i have all the buildings level 5 (their done in 26hrs now) and did not used any gold for fuel.
You have to play the country's anyway to get the recousces, really a waste of gold to buy fuel with it. But that is just my opinion. I only paid for spain because i needed the wallpaper. But with all the stars you get from putting the parts together, it wasent that diffecult to get 80 gold for spain because the star slotmachine is very geneuros with giving gold.

Greece? Where's Greece? I have Italy, Egypt, Indonesia, Antartica, Argentina, Canada, New Zeland and Spain / Romania as still closed!
And in my case the buildings are not available yet. There's a padlock on it even though the painting collection is done.

Edited on 01/18/2015 at 1:50:45 AM PST

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Jan 18, 15 6:02 AM
I think you must mean Egypt? I know that Greece and Egypt both have ancient monuments, but the cultures are rather different! No worries - easy mistake....

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on Jan 18, 15 11:42 AM
NON OF YOUR SUGGESTION HAVE HELPED ME. I EITHER BREAK EVEN OR LOSE FUEL. I HAVE MASTERED THE FIRST 2 AND ONLY HAVE 3 FUEL. SO IT DOES NOT ALWAYS WORK. YES, I HAVE HAD TO BUY FUEL TO DO QUESTS. I RARELY GET FUEL DOING THE QUEST. I WILL JUST MUDDLE THROUGH GATHERING DAILY STARS TILL I HAVE ENOUGH TO PLAY THE SLOT AND HOPE FOR GOLD. YES I HAVE CASHED IN THE COLLECTIONS AND GOTTEN FUEL. BUT THAT IS STILL NOT HELPING MUCH.

NOT YELLING GOING BLIND. SORRY BUT THE CAPS ARE THE BEST FOR ME. NOT THAT I HAVEN'T HAD OTHER SUGGESTIONS.

laney_is
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by laney_is on Jan 20, 15 4:55 AM
kazoo460 wrote:Does anyone know how to open Spain and Romania without using gold?

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Jan 20, 15 5:18 AM
laney_is wrote:
kazoo460 wrote:Does anyone know how to open Spain and Romania without using gold?

I already commented on this in my post above.... we don't know for sure, but it should not be necessary to use gold. When locations are locked, this usually just means that we have to be patient and wait for them to be opened with a future update. In the meantime, there is plenty to do with all the other quests before we need the items in those locations!

laney_is
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by laney_is on Jan 20, 15 2:09 PM
wulfruna wrote:
laney_is wrote:

I already commented on this in my post above.... we don't know for sure, but it should not be necessary to use gold. When locations are locked, this usually just means that we have to be patient and wait for them to be opened with a future update. In the meantime, there is plenty to do with all the other quests before we need the items in those locations!

You need the wallpaper in Spain for Level 5 building. Gold is easier to come by now using the stars you get from completing the world collectible sets in the slot machine. I have finished the non-related building quests and all they did was open up a few more areas in the states.

If that thread doesn't open it up - I don't see the building quests doing it. The mega truck quest theoretically required alot of gold if you didn't bypass. I think you need to open them up with gold.

Edited on 01/20/2015 at 2:11:16 PM PST

Go to: