Developer's Records

Developer's Records

[Post New]by xXxJdZanexXx on Jan 9, 15 3:50 AM
Does anyone know how to figure out what the goal is for the developer's record on each level? It's hard to know how to beat it when it seems to be a hidden goal...

baymerlou
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

Re:Developer's Records

[Post New]by baymerlou on Jan 9, 15 1:25 PM
I also wonder what it takes to beat Developer Record. Is it possible on all levels? I know the symbol is the laptop on the map showing that we beat the record.

[Post New]by BrookhavenLabs on Jan 9, 15 6:28 PM
The strategy guide gives you tips on how to beat the developers record. I'm working on that right now - slow going

123mikey321
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by 123mikey321 on Jan 15, 15 8:42 PM
Just got the Dev Record on Level 27, first one, and I think I know how it works, remembering previous games. It's not all time, it's total score. I finished that level with 6 seconds left to get gold and after all the bonus additions my total score was 48,521. During the level I kept collecting all the resources I could even though I didn't need them. Anyway, I may try earlier levels and see what happens. Would be nice to know what the records are, and by the way, you get a laptop icon next to the level icon.

123mikey321
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

Re:Developer's Records - Level 1

[Post New]by 123mikey321 on Jan 15, 15 9:03 PM
So got the record on this one with time only of 2:53. So Good Luck Everyone on all the other levels. Back to just finishing all w/ Gold.

[Post New]by GameGirl1369 on Jan 16, 15 2:44 AM
Does anyone know what the developer record is for level 19? My best score so far is 37400.

[Post New]by KachinaEarth on Jan 18, 15 5:57 PM
GameGirl1369 wrote:Does anyone know what the developer record is for level 19? My best score so far is 37400.

I got the Developer's Record on that one and my best score is listed as 38240

Edited on 01/21/2015 at 5:53:05 PM PST

[Post New]by GameGirl1369 on Feb 6, 15 4:22 PM
Awesome, thank you! That's the last one I need for the developers record trophy (gold), now I know it is possible and not a glitch I'll keep trying :-D

[Post New]by BrookhavenLabs on Feb 7, 15 7:15 PM
Game Girl -- I could use your help. What do you need to do to beat the Developer's Record for the Coin Frenzy levels and the gate level 26? Please help me????

sidney00
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by sidney00 on Feb 8, 15 11:19 AM
I for the life of me cannot get the developer's record on level 3! Anyone?

[Post New]by BrookhavenLabs on Feb 8, 15 6:37 PM
I beat the developer's record on level 3 with a score of 18460. Try collecting lots of extra resources?

sidney00
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by sidney00 on Feb 10, 15 2:50 PM
Thanks Brookhaven - no luck yet, but I will keep on trying!

I am finding it difficult to find the balance between time and materials to get the magical score!

[Post New]by earlyriser09 on Feb 10, 15 11:31 PM
Does anyone know if it's actually POSSIBLE to get all the developer's records in the "extras" levels? I have been playing the same three levels (I believe they are 6, 8, and the final one) for weeks and cannot get them!
By the way, most of the levels will tell you how to get the developer's record. Just click on the blue question mark in the upper left corner. It gives you the step by step directions on how to do the level, and if there's anything special you need to do to beat the records. (Yet, even following these I can't get the ones I listed ).

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Feb 12, 15 10:05 PM
I beat the developer's scores in all of the extra levels. The coin frenzy level took me the longest - they always do, because for me, they are the least logical.

Badut
Herring
Herring
345 Posts

[Post New]by Badut on Feb 18, 15 4:52 AM
Level 6 in China is possible - hard work but possible. But level 8??? Hespera - how did you do it?

And I have given up on the coin frenzy levels - I just havent got the patience and/or reflexes

Ooops! I made a mistake - level 6 IS a coin frenzy level and I have no idea of how to beat them. Sorry - my bad

Edited on 02/19/2015 at 8:29:29 AM PST

[Post New]by earlyriser09 on Feb 18, 15 11:49 PM
I've actually beaten the developer's records on all the levels (in the extras) except the last one, now. I started beating them when I focused on the overall score as well, instead of just finishing the level as fast as I could. I sure wish I knew the trick for "The Spiral" though...I just can't seem to get it! I go as fast as I can, build and fully upgrade everything...but nothing works. It would be nice to know if I was at least close to beating it.

Badut
Herring
Herring
345 Posts

[Post New]by Badut on Feb 19, 15 6:21 AM
Earlyriser - on the spiral my results was 10.57 and 72.271. I didnt use any specific strategy - just full speed ahead After about 30 tries on level 8 is was not hard at all

If you have beaten level level 8 how did you do it?

If you are still stuck, I will replay the spiral and see what works

It is funny how different brains works in different ways - we are all stuck in different levels

Edited on 02/19/2015 at 6:26:34 AM PST

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Feb 19, 15 9:57 AM
I beat Extras level 8 with a score of 9:04 and 75020. A very important part of the scoring is picking up the coins from the idols, so build the idols as early as possible and pick up the coins frequently and don't forget the chest.

Also, get the diver shack built quickly and get him going. Use 50% and Time Bonus Frequently.

Badut
Herring
Herring
345 Posts

[Post New]by Badut on Feb 19, 15 10:36 PM
Hespera - thank you, thank you, thank you. The coins did the trick! I didnt think of that.

Sigh... now on to those horrible frenzy levels

[Post New]by earlyriser09 on Feb 21, 15 11:44 PM
Oh, I was so excited to finally beat the Spiral, that I didn't even pay attention to the final scores! However, after trying more than 20 times I decided to collect as many supplies as I could, hoping it would boost my score enough to win. I did all the tasks as quickly as possible, fully upgraded all buildings and the truck (I did this on all the levels I beat the developer's records) and while the waterboys were watering all the plants I kept hitting the fast shacks bonus, and the fast run bonus (I used the alter as soon as it was available, so there was almost always two bonuses going at once.) I also planted pink flowers in the water instead of the white ones they show in the guide, but I doubt that had anything to do with it lol.
I have beaten all but five of the records--all but one are the coin frenzy levels (ugh!).

As for level 8 in China, I agree with Hespera about the coins. I built the idols as quickly as possible and kept collecting the coins, and that's how I finally beat it.

Edited on 02/21/2015 at 11:46:43 PM PST

Go to: