bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Phantasmat: The Endless Night Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 10, 15 12:29 AM
From best-selling developer Eipix comes the exciting continuation of a classic Phantasmat brand!

In this chilling story, you're on your way to take your daughter to her high school prom when tragedy strikes. But your hometown isn't at all what it seems... Due to your expert sleuthing, the gruesome truth emerges. You can solve the mystery of what really happened here 50 years ago. But can you do it in time to save your daughter – and yourself? Find out in this time-bending Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure Game!

This is a special Collector's Edition release full of exclusive extras you won't find in the standard version. As a bonus, Collector's Edition purchases count toward three stamps on your Monthly Game Club Punch Card!

The Collector's Edition includes:

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

Re:Phantasmat: The Endless Night Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bribling on Jan 10, 15 7:18 AM
I was excited to see this and could hardly wait to start. Sadly, it is very dark and I have some visual impairment. The dark spots and the glare in the bright spots made it difficult and a little painful to play. I could adjust my screen but I hate to do that for one game and have to readjust every time I take a break from it, etc. Will have to think about how much I'd like to play against the bother of adjusting my screen settings.

Also the visual problem resulted in me using several Hints which I seldom need use in most games. Twice I missed what the Hint pointed me to - Lol!

KBEAR2045
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

[Post New]by KBEAR2045 on Jan 10, 15 7:31 AM
While I loved the HOGs and liked the minipuzzles, I absolutely hated the violence and disturbing scenes. I was done when I got to the scene where I found Aimee.It is for this reason, I will not be getting this game. It is too bad that the games are getting more violent or appearing more violent with their depictions. I know it is only a game, but I don't watch horror movies either for the same reason. I am not entertained by them. I know it is only my opinion, for others they may enjoy this game so of course try it and see what you think.

[Post New]by shelterhill on Jan 10, 15 9:06 AM
Don't like the game at all, grainy graphics and not a nice or original storyline.
HOS were not nice either , too difficult to find anything in this setting.
I pass

Edited on 01/10/2015 at 9:29:19 AM PST

[Post New]by shelterhill on Jan 10, 15 9:32 AM
twinsoniclab wrote:
shelterhill wrote:Don't like the game at all, grainy graphics and not a nice or original storyline.
Hop was not nice too, too difficult to find anything in this setting.
I pass

It's so interesting to read other viewpoints! I loved the graphics! I liked the storyline (to be sure, a kidnapped daughter is nothing new, but the setting of it and background story at the school are), and thought the HOS were especially well done!

That is so great about all the games, what one person loves another one dislikes.
So that proves we all have different tastes, so try for yourselfs

blessed34
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by blessed34 on Jan 10, 15 11:13 AM
I was disappointed. Sadly and IMO, the second and now third in this series has not lived up to the first.
The game could be great but I just can't get past the graphics. I know it's a preference issue but I prefer the graphics to be detailed and crisp. The whole look of this game was very much like a blurred water color painting which made the HOS too tedious as the objects were harder to see. Looks like an unpolished game or that the developers were too lazy to go the extra step.
I only played the first 15 minutes of the demo before I had enough and uninstalled the game. I bought the first 2 games in the series but this one is a definite no buy for me, not even with a coupon.

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Jan 10, 15 1:42 PM
Isn't it interesting that ERS did the first sequel to Phantasmat and now Eipix has done the second?

It's getting so you aren't quite sure what is going on these days. It's rather like the old Abbott and Costello routine, "Who's on First?"

In this case, it's difficult to know which one of the two is the worst story-teller, as neither does well at it. Eipix always starts out stronger, but fades in the back stretch. ERS is at least consistent all the way through.

Edited on 01/10/2015 at 1:46:18 PM PST

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Jan 10, 15 1:47 PM
I played the beta for this one a while ago and absolutely loved it, have been waiting for it to come out. A huge improvement on the second installment possibly due to a different developer....I enjoy creepy games. Looking forward to playing the rest of this one. Now I just have to decide whether to get it in the sale this weekend or wait to see what happens next week. Hmmm.......

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Jan 10, 15 4:37 PM

Re lease post your REVIEWS for Phantasmat: The Endless Night Collector's Edition here!

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jan 10, 15 1:52 PM

I bought this game today within a half hour as I hadn't seen any collectibles but knew there would be some as the devs always include them. Once I had checked out the SG I knew I had missed all of the collectibles and was upset that I could not go back into the game to collect the first one, because once you have left your wrecked car you can't go back into it.

Please devs, let us know what we are looking for in the demo.

************************************************************************************************
Oh how I agree with this ! If there are collectables please tell us before we start the game
It can be very frustrating to begin the game and play a few chapters only to accidently find that there are collectables and you can NOT go back to find them. This has happened in a few games and I did not appreciate it

giddiup101
Minnow
Minnow
282 Posts

[Post New]by giddiup101 on Jan 10, 15 5:12 PM
twinsoniclab wrote:
shelterhill wrote:Don't like the game at all, grainy graphics and not a nice or original storyline.
Hop was not nice too, too difficult to find anything in this setting.
I pass

It's so interesting to read other viewpoints! I loved the graphics! I liked the storyline (to be sure, a kidnapped daughter is nothing new, but the setting of it and background story at the school are), and thought the HOS were especially well done!

I agree with you and had no problems at all with the graphics or the storyline.

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Jan 10, 15 6:46 PM
yowzasma wrote:
Re lease post your REVIEWS for Phantasmat: The Endless Night Collector's Edition here!

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jan 10, 15 1:52 PM

I bought this game today within a half hour as I hadn't seen any collectibles but knew there would be some as the devs always include them. Once I had checked out the SG I knew I had missed all of the collectibles and was upset that I could not go back into the game to collect the first one, because once you have left your wrecked car you can't go back into it.

Please devs, let us know what we are looking for in the demo.

************************************************************************************************
Oh how I agree with this ! If there are collectables please tell us before we start the game
It can be very frustrating to begin the game and play a few chapters only to accidently find that there are collectables and you can NOT go back to find them. This has happened in a few games and I did not appreciate it

Were the collectables the eye symbols? If so, then I was told about them in the full tutorial. If you played without a tutorial, then it is possible that the collectable was not pointed out. Even with the tutorial, I often forget to look for the collectable, so it is nice to be able to go back and find them. I agree that it's not good if you can't go back in this game and find them.

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Jan 10, 15 7:09 PM
I thought that the graphics fit in with the era of the storyline. We have seen many of the elements of the storyline before (i.e. a car crash, kidnapping of your child ), and I was prepared to be bored, but something about it had me interested.

I noticed the calculator that was out of place for the time period, and also a compound microscope that I'm pretty sure didn't exist back then. Those things didn't bother me, but other things got me scratching my head. I think that my daughter would have died of embarrassment if I drove her alone to her prom . Also, in the gym, you zoom in on a table that has what looks like a wine or champagne bottle and you pick up a corkscrew. I don't think that alcohol was allowed at prom even back then.

As a stand alone game, I liked it. Not sure if I will be able to take advantage of the current sale, but this game will go on my buy list.

Maven
Clownfish
Clownfish
944 Posts

[Post New]by Maven on Jan 10, 15 10:00 PM
If you did not find all the eyes, you can get them post-game. At the end of the game on the Bonus content screen, you can select Collectibles and a chart with all the locations displays. The eyes you are missing are blank. You can click those locations and return to find them, and get your Achievement badge.

molla311
Stingray
Stingray
4,680 Posts

[Post New]by molla311 on Jan 11, 15 2:44 AM
Maybe they could tell there are collectibles under the tips, since they only show a little of the guide.
Or at least mention the first in the tutorial.

Just a thought.

Have a nice sunday

Edited on 01/11/2015 at 2:47:07 AM PST

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Jan 11, 15 11:27 AM
Does anyone know what happened to Codeminion? I really enjoyed the original Phantasmat and I'm very disappointed in this one. I thought the second was OK.

I love creepy. Creepy is what I look for except for the Dark Parable games and Eipix has ruined that series (which is kinda creepy in itself, haha). But I didn't see anything creepy in the demo for this game.

If my daughter were missing I wouldn't let some insects stop me from grabbing whatever I needed out of a locker. I would not be wasting my time making an insecticide.

I had to say that.

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Jan 11, 15 6:55 PM
Jurinne wrote:Does anyone know what happened to Codeminion? I really enjoyed the original Phantasmat and I'm very disappointed in this one. I thought the second was OK.

I believe that the developers broke apart into separate groups. One "faction" is now Moacube, who makes visual novel games like Cinders. You can see the original Phantasmat art style is there, but the visual novels are way different in terms of gameplay. They're working on a new mystery visual novel right now, I read.

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

[Post New]by swedane on Jan 13, 15 12:06 PM
Hespera wrote:Isn't it interesting that ERS did the first sequel to Phantasmat and now Eipix has done the second?

It's getting so you aren't quite sure what is going on these days. It's rather like the old Abbott and Costello routine, "Who's on First?"

In this case, it's difficult to know which one of the two is the worst story-teller, as neither does well at it. Eipix always starts out stronger, but fades in the back stretch. ERS is at least consistent all the way through.

LOL Love your reference to an old favourite, "Who's on First!"

CODEMINION was first with Phantasmat in 2011
ERS second with Phantasmat: Crucible Peak in 2012
EIPIX third with Phantasmat 3: The Endless Night in 2015

PeterJKH
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by PeterJKH on Feb 3, 15 5:50 AM
Jurinne wrote:Does anyone know what happened to Codeminion? I really enjoyed the original Phantasmat and I'm very disappointed in this one. I thought the second was OK.

I love creepy. Creepy is what I look for except for the Dark Parable games and Eipix has ruined that series (which is kinda creepy in itself, haha). But I didn't see anything creepy in the demo for this game.

If my daughter were missing I wouldn't let some insects stop me from grabbing whatever I needed out of a locker. I would not be wasting my time making an insecticide.

I had to say that.

Oh I think you are right. I see that in many games. "Hey, I need that key, but it is in a dusty cupboard, so let's run around some more and see if we can find a duster somewhere". Sure... Or: "I see something buried in a flowerpot, and it could be important, but I won't get my hands dirty, so let's spend another hour finding a shovel". Not logic at all, but on the other hand, I understand that things are not always logic in games and that if you did the most logic thing, the game would be over in a minute. I mean, getting lost in the '60s after a car crash is not very logic to begin with...

[Post New]by akesire on Feb 8, 15 3:29 AM
I found 2 errors in the game.
1) If you not follow the right path after you went in the entrance hall at the beginning you can't go in the chemistry room because you can't get the key in the corridor. I had to restart the game to be able to go through the game.
2) If you missed the eye symbol at the school yard in the game and you try to find it with the help in the extras after you finished the game, you won't be able to find it because it is inactive. I see it on the base of the tree but the help says 'I suppose I'd better going along.' and not point to the symbol. So, you can't get it!

You should fix these errors!

Go to: