Pretty in Pink

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

Pretty in Pink

[Post New]by Robilyn on May 13, 09 12:42 AM
Ia any one having trouble with the skip button. When I play the free hour I like to skip the mini games, because some of the puzzles take up to much time. In this game it has a skip button, but I can't get it to work. Help, Thanks.

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

Re:Pretty in Pink

[Post New]by amj0963 on May 13, 09 12:49 AM
mine didn't either game is kinda cute in a cheesy sort of way. i think i will put it on my maybe list

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on May 13, 09 1:05 AM
I didn't try the Skip. I did have trouble with Relaxed Mode. Took two tries to get it to work.

Cute game based on an 80s "Brat Pack" movie that I liked at the time. I wanted to like the game but didn't. Just my personal pref, nothing against the game.

Timed mode gives you 5 min. That was nearly enough time for me on the first scene and plenty of time on the second. Be sure to find the extras - the ducks, cars and a mystery piece of clothing. The clothing Hint is at the upper right of the screen and I never saw anything in it that remotely resembled anything. I kept expecting it to get clearer as the scene progressed but it did not, just a blurry blob. I clicked clothing until I found the right one.

One, slowly renewing Hint. What's the deal with those? This is the third HO in a row with that

I only played 19 min. I just couldn't get interested. Again, it's my personal pref. Guess I must have gotten "Old" sometime since the 80s

tijhea
Salmon
Salmon
2,547 Posts

Pretty in Pink

[Post New]by tijhea on May 13, 09 1:23 AM
Robilyn wrote:Ia any one having trouble with the skip button. When I play the free hour I like to skip the mini games, because some of the puzzles take up to much time. In this game it has a skip button, but I can't get it to work. Help, Thanks.

It says in the begining of the game.. that you have the option to use skip.. but you have to wait for it for a couple of minutes before you can use it.. You cant just use the skip button right away.. It does work... while your doing the puzzles after a while you will hear a ding... that tells you the skip button is now a option for you to use... I would not bother tho... the puzzles are way to easy... they dont take long at all to do... I'm kinda scared to purchase IT tho.. cause I did alot in the demo.. afraid of wasting my money.. for somthing that I may have already almost completed.. thats how easy this game Is...

Edited on 05/13/2009 at 1:24:03 AM PST

tijhea
Salmon
Salmon
2,547 Posts

[Post New]by tijhea on May 13, 09 1:27 AM
bribling wrote:I didn't try the Skip. I did have trouble with Relaxed Mode. Took two tries to get it to work.

Cute game based on an 80s "Brat Pack" movie that I liked at the time. I wanted to like the game but didn't. Just my personal pref, nothing against the game.

Timed mode gives you 5 min. That was nearly enough time for me on the first scene and plenty of time on the second. Be sure to find the extras - the ducks, cars and a mystery piece of clothing. The clothing Hint is at the upper right of the screen and I never saw anything in it that remotely resembled anything. I kept expecting it to get clearer as the scene progressed but it did not, just a blurry blob. I clicked clothing until I found the right one.

One, slowly renewing Hint. What's the deal with those? This is the third HO in a row with that

I only played 19 min. I just couldn't get interested. Again, it's my personal pref. Guess I must have gotten "Old" sometime since the 80s

The mystery piece of clothing does work.. IT gets clearer with each item that you find... I know this because I did one room.. and almost forget the mystery peice... I had one more item to find.. and I found it.. but then remembered I had to get the mystery peice.. The picture was in full focus.. So the next room I watched IT as I clicked Items IT does go into full focus with the more items you find.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

Pretty in Pink

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on May 13, 09 1:28 AM
Robilyn wrote:Ia any one having trouble with the skip button. When I play the free hour I like to skip the mini games, because some of the puzzles take up to much time. In this game it has a skip button, but I can't get it to work. Help, Thanks.

I tried the skip button. You have to wait at least 3 minutes, until the button is highlighted. Recently many of the skip buttons, in many games, work that way - wait some time, or after the hint button is full. Very annoying.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on May 13, 09 3:30 AM
I remember playing this one, but not whether it was a beta test at the time or just from another website. I didn't find it interesting enough to finish the demo hour at that time, and probably won't download this one.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on May 13, 09 3:53 AM
Well I like this game and especially the variety of the mini games, yes they were easy but I do not always want difficult games to play, I want to relax and unwind sometimes and I can do that with this game. I also like having to find the ducks and cars in order to decide who she goes to the prom with. So for me it is:

Relaxed Option Variety of Minigames

Rose427
Stingray
Stingray
4,519 Posts

[Post New]by Rose427 on May 13, 09 4:35 AM
It's here, It's here. I remember liking this game when I tried the demo

jinocchio49
Flounder
Flounder
2,255 Posts

[Post New]by jinocchio49 on May 13, 09 6:06 AM
Maybe I'm just a doddery OB, but I really like this game, it's relaxing and fun and I liked the mini-games. For me this is a definite

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on May 13, 09 6:35 AM
Well, I just demo'd and I think the game is great for kids. This coming from someone who bought 3 Days: Zoo mystery hahaha.
I've seen the movie Pretty in pink very often being 48. And I would watch it again.
But when you know the whole story line practically by heart, well it kind of takes the fun out of it.
Another thing I was wondering about. Does anyone else feel like the game is way too easy when you click on everything without getting a penalty. That's a real turn-off for me.
Hey! How come I am a Seahorse now! That's cool. I really didn't like being a jelly fish. Well, you know they sting.
Ok that's all for me.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on May 13, 09 7:00 AM
Terrible, blurry, poorly drawn graphics. Badly interpreted dialog. Glitchy - Relaxed Mode fought me and special clothing item doesn't work, unless I'm supposed to find a hazy grey blob...? Cheesy music not remotely 80s like (I was young woman in 80s, had Madonna, Eurythmics and Prince posters on my wall, nuff said). Played abt 10 minutes of this junk and couldn't delete fast enough.

Momhart
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,296 Posts

[Post New]by Momhart on May 13, 09 7:03 AM
I played the demo. It went fast. It's cute. I kept forgetting to look for the mystery item. Missed it a few times. Not something I'd buy at the moment since the April promo broke the bank.

It's a and a maybe later.

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on May 13, 09 7:25 AM
Hehehe..... PoodleBear has come over to the dark side with me.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on May 13, 09 8:22 AM
LOL, Poodle and Scotcat! I guess I am on the Dark Side too.

I'm sorry, but that blurry blob never came into focus for me. I kept waiting til the end of the scene and never, ever could see it. In the last scene I played I found every object and just saw the blurry blob as I was swept to the next level without the opportunity ty look for the clothing item. You have to find it before you finish finding the list or you won't get the chance to look for it. It did not get clear for me, may be a Bug in the game.

I have the latest Flash, 9 I think, but when the game finished downloading Flash 8 tried and failed to install. Maybe 8 is needed for the Relaxed Mode and blurry blob to work properly,

missy12
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,263 Posts

[Post New]by missy12 on May 13, 09 9:14 AM
um........ kind of remember this game before,don,t remeber what the game was.finding the ducks and the cars.some of the pics are the same,story is different
can,t remeber which game it was.buts its cool and relaxing.

ghost777
Narwhal
Narwhal
33,167 Posts

[Post New]by ghost777 on May 13, 09 9:17 AM
Love the reviews poodlebear and scotcat.most probably won't even try this one as I have so many demos on the go just now .been very busy.Keep the reviews coming though.

GeeBee
Narwhal
Narwhal
32,109 Posts

[Post New]by GeeBee on May 13, 09 9:39 AM
I've downloaded it and I'll see, but I too have a lot of unfinished games I should finish first. It could be a maybe!

CYNTHIA
Stingray
Stingray
5,782 Posts

[Post New]by CYNTHIA on May 13, 09 12:12 PM
Had trouble with this game. Couldn't use skip button; hint button was a long time reloading. When trial ended; desktop displays were enormous. Some items very small. Uninstalled game; won't buy.

mmaiden42
Stingray
Stingray
5,767 Posts

[Post New]by mmaiden42 on May 13, 09 12:23 PM
The first thing it did wrong for me, was to try to install Active X, and it was an older version than I have already. Game froze after a short time and it seemed like it took forever to get out of there. Relaxed mode was a nice feature but the articles of clothing did not show up for me either. I uninstalled it and will reinstall it to see if it does any better this time, if not, it will be a big for me.

Edited on 05/13/2009 at 12:24:42 PM PST

Go to: