ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

New Update (1/5) Very Expensive

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Jan 10, 15 8:54 PM
I just received the update (after doing the long, hard self-fix method) and am very early into the new update. With all the glitches and hidden fees, I'm a little apprehensive. However, what I've seen so far... it's very, very, expensive.. in gold, stars, coins, energy, and resources..

I've started tabulating some of them.. I've written in white ink (highlight to read). If you don't want to know, don't highlight.


1. You'll receive quests to find all the missing airplane parts. These lead you to FL (airplane hangar). If you are on max level (before the update).. you have to go there multiple times and play on certain modes. Cost per play 230 energy. I spent roughly 3500 energy points just in Florida to get the items. .

2. You'll also need to visit the slots to get airplane parts. Both the gold & star machines. Even BEFORE pulling the handle, the machine steals 2 gold or 1 star from you. I spent 30 stars & about 15 gold before I received the parts.

3. Once you fix the plane, you go to cities around the world. These cost aviation fuel-- not energy to visit. You do receive 7 for fixing the airplane. But cost to visit outside of the 7 fuels range from 1-3 per city/per visit. You may/or may not win fuel at these locations. If not, cost per fuel= 5 gold. That's 5 gold per visit.


4. After the visits to the world cities.. I had to visit some mini-games. ALOT of the Teodi. You have a few different ones. Approximately spent 60-75 threads. Plus, the fishing one (with the fish pictures). This was approximately 40 lures.

HERE COMES the REAL EXPENSIVE STUFF.. they were just getting started before...

It's the fixing of the sign above the door (next to the pictures inside the AES museum).

5. Upgrade sign inside your antique shop to Whitehouse Yellow.. Your cost $250,000.

6. Upgrade your vehicle to the mega truck (semi). I had this done a long time ago, so depending on your vehicle it could be a lot. At the time I did it, you could only pay in GOLD. I spent around 400 gold bars.


I stopped there.. I'll add more as I continue.. but after this, hopefully the upcoming Valentine's Day event is worth it and we can rebuild what we have used..




 
susanlnels
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

Re:New Update (1/5) Very Expensive

[Post New]by susanlnels on Jan 10, 15 10:03 PM
I know what you mean! I had a very limited stockpile of the threads. Huge stockpile of some of the mini game items. I am spending a mint buying the items necessary to get 15 thread. Still costs less than the store price of one gold bar per thread. I'm also spending a mint of airplane fuel. When this update started I had over 800 gold left over from the last update. Now I have less than 300!! Not to mention that I spent 157 gold to rush the Museum construction

On the side though, I am having a lot of fun .

Edited on 01/10/2015 at 10:07:00 PM PST


 
april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

Re:New Update (1/5) Very Expensive

[Post New]by april3850 on Jan 10, 15 10:28 PM
Chestnut, you must not have gotten to the museum quests yet. Yes, this update is VERY expensive. If you think all that is expensive, wait til you get to building quests and you have to start forking over gold to buy all those necessary building supplies, OMG!!! There are ways around spending the gold but if you dont you will be working on those quests FOREVER!!!! But at least we cant complain that there's nothing to do anymore.

 
stasinski5
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Re:New Update (1/5) Very Expensive

[Post New]by stasinski5 on Jan 11, 15 12:22 PM
I've learned so much just by reading. Thank u all for the info and tips. I was stuck in the slot machines and thought I'd stop in to find out what machine to play to find the airplane parts and read some good info on what will be coming down the road here a bit.

 
MegaDozer
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

Re:New Update (1/5) Very Expensive

[Post New]by MegaDozer on Jan 11, 15 12:44 PM
april3850 wrote:But at least we cant complain that there's nothing to do anymore.

I certainly second that thought. There is a lot to do.

 
wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

Re:New Update (1/5) Very Expensive

[Post New]by wulfruna on Jan 11, 15 12:51 PM
Remember back to the early days? When we had to build up slowly and carefully and sometimes wait an age until we had enough resources to move on and complete the quests?? That is why some people could not resist the temptation to spend a lot of their own real cash on it, to move on more quickly.
But there is really no need to rush at it like that! I enjoy the strategy involved in working out how to build up resources before being able to tackle the quests. There is so much to do now and this update is clearly intended to keep us occupied for the next few months!

 
jbmf_06
Clownfish
Clownfish
712 Posts

Re:New Update (1/5) Very Expensive

[Post New]by jbmf_06 on Jan 11, 15 1:59 PM
april3850 wrote:Chestnut, you must not have gotten to the museum quests yet. Yes, this update is VERY expensive. If you think all that is expensive, wait til you get to building quests and you have to start forking over gold to buy all those necessary building supplies, OMG!!! There are ways around spending the gold but if you dont you will be working on those quests FOREVER!!!! But at least we cant complain that there's nothing to do anymore.


April what are the ways to work around the gold for the quests? I do not have much gold after the Airplane quests.

 
jbmf_06
Clownfish
Clownfish
712 Posts

New Update (1/5) Very Expensive

[Post New]by jbmf_06 on Jan 11, 15 2:02 PM
ChestnutHeights wrote:I just received the update (after doing the long, hard self-fix method) and am very early into the new update. With all the glitches and hidden fees, I'm a little apprehensive. However, what I've seen so far... it's very, very, expensive.. in gold, stars, coins, energy, and resources..

I've started tabulating some of them.. I've written in white ink (highlight to read). If you don't want to know, don't highlight.


1. You'll receive quests to find all the missing airplane parts. These lead you to FL (airplane hangar). If you are on max level (before the update).. you have to go there multiple times and play on certain modes. Cost per play 230 energy. I spent roughly 3500 energy points just in Florida to get the items. .

2. You'll also need to visit the slots to get airplane parts. Both the gold & star machines. Even BEFORE pulling the handle, the machine steals 2 gold or 1 star from you. I spent 30 stars & about 15 gold before I received the parts.

3. Once you fix the plane, you go to cities around the world. These cost aviation fuel-- not energy to visit. You do receive 7 for fixing the airplane. But cost to visit outside of the 7 fuels range from 1-3 per city/per visit. You may/or may not win fuel at these locations. If not, cost per fuel= 5 gold. That's 5 gold per visit.


4. After the visits to the world cities.. I had to visit some mini-games. ALOT of the Teodi. You have a few different ones. Approximately spent 60-75 threads. Plus, the fishing one (with the fish pictures). This was approximately 40 lures.

HERE COMES the REAL EXPENSIVE STUFF.. they were just getting started before...

It's the fixing of the sign above the door (next to the pictures inside the AES museum).

5. Upgrade sign inside your antique shop to Whitehouse Yellow.. Your cost $250,000.

6. Upgrade your vehicle to the mega truck (semi). I had this done a long time ago, so depending on your vehicle it could be a lot. At the time I did it, you could only pay in GOLD. I spent around 400 gold bars.


I stopped there.. I'll add more as I continue.. but after this, hopefully the upcoming Valentine's Day event is worth it and we can rebuild what we have used..


I like this idea. I copy and paste it to a word program, change text to black , now I can see it!

 
mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

Re:New Update (1/5) Very Expensive

[Post New]by mpendo on Jan 11, 15 2:30 PM
Yea but - why not just highlight it? No fuss no bother.

I'm busy getting stars collections for the airplane glass which, by others' reports, can take up to 120 stars. I used my stars to earn gold in the downtime - it was a toss up. LOL. But I do have a decent closet full of all resources needed for minigames.

My Tennessee stopped working yesterday. Just blank where items are supposed to be pictured. I played that HOS maybe 15 times - half of the time I got proper items, the other times got the neighbouring city's items.

My museum expansion? is taking 14 days. I am half way through. One of my friends did it in 120 hours (5 days). So I plod along.

I'm not excited about buying jet fuel with GOLD BARS. That may definitely limit my travel. I guess they don't honor frequent flyer points here. LOL

Cheers. Overall, I'm happy so far with the update. Now if BZ could fix the glitches...

Edited on 01/11/2015 at 2:31:49 PM PST


 
Merlion
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

Re:New Update (1/5) Very Expensive

[Post New]by Merlion on Jan 11, 15 3:37 PM
I fully agree with you CH. It's going to be very expensive

 
april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

Re:New Update (1/5) Very Expensive

[Post New]by april3850 on Jan 11, 15 8:56 PM
You dont HAVE to spend gold. All of the building supplies, fuel, resources, stars, are all available in the game if you want to take the time to go find them. But when you have like 9 or 10 quests in a row, each asking for 25-30 bags of cement, if you dont buy some you'll be looking for a long time to get that many. But its not impossible, just takes patience and time.

 
LBCook
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

Re:New Update (1/5) Very Expensive

[Post New]by LBCook on Jan 12, 15 8:00 AM
There is a way to build up jet fuel if you play the destinations that take just one (Italy, Egypt and Indonesia), because most of the time you get that jet fuel back and more. The most I've gotten was 3 (or was it 4?) in a scene. Plus, you can easily do the collections that give you jet fuel as a prize, as most items drop quite frequently!

Edited on 01/12/2015 at 8:01:34 AM PST


 
val2000
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

Re:New Update (1/5) Very Expensive

[Post New]by val2000 on Jan 12, 15 9:08 AM
(Plus, you can easily do the collections that give you jet fuel as a prize, as most items drop quite frequently!)


LBCook, my collections don't give fuel as a prize, just 1 star. Is there something else that you' ve done before? Because I try to understand the reason of this difference. I have to say that after the plane fix, I can visit the world map but I have no more quests.

 
barbarasofie
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

Re:New Update (1/5) Very Expensive

[Post New]by barbarasofie on Jan 12, 15 9:34 AM
Val, if you visit the world, you can collect parts for the Violet collection. If a collection is finished there (only the new ones, which have nothing to do with the picture Quest) - you can change them into stars, XP, money and FUEL. Every completed set gives one star and one fuel. Happy gaming!

 
LBCook
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

Re:New Update (1/5) Very Expensive

[Post New]by LBCook on Jan 12, 15 9:38 AM
Exactly! Thank you so much for clarifying this for me, barabarasofie!

 
wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

Re:New Update (1/5) Very Expensive

[Post New]by wulfruna on Jan 12, 15 9:40 AM
val2000 wrote: . I have to say that after the plane fix, I can visit the world map but I have no more quests.
In order to get the next set of quests after completing the plane, you have to enter the AES Museum, look for the door to the left of the paintings and click on the sign. That will open up a whole new set of quests.

Note: I am also not aware of collections giving fuel?????

 
ldehaan1
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

Re:New Update (1/5) Very Expensive

[Post New]by ldehaan1 on Jan 12, 15 9:45 AM
Then you get to the automobile quest and it doesn't give you credit unless you skip it with gold.

 
LBCook
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

Re:New Update (1/5) Very Expensive

[Post New]by LBCook on Jan 12, 15 9:47 AM
It officially says it only gives you a star, but as you are putting the item together, a fuel symbol pops up, at least in my game.

 
lcjdqs
Clownfish
Clownfish
691 Posts

Re:New Update (1/5) Very Expensive

[Post New]by lcjdqs on Jan 12, 15 10:03 AM
I will add you have to find all the blue prints for all 7 new buildings and put them together. I was exhausted doing this, then there is a lot of building materials to give, go to store. You will find screws, brushes, and lots more that you will realize are new. Very expensive to but. I have worked very hard an have gotten to level 3 on all buildings. Tomorrow I will get to go inside the buildings and start the upgrades in there. This will take forever as my quota on gold is gone, and will have to work to build up. This is a very expensive game at this point and very time consuming. Good luck to you all.

 
barbarasofie
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

Re:New Update (1/5) Very Expensive

[Post New]by barbarasofie on Jan 12, 15 10:07 AM

Note: I am also not aware of collections giving fuel?????


Wulfruna, it took me a while till I reckognized that - but it's true! And very helpful, too...

 
 
 
 
Go to: