Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Delicious: Emily's New Beginning here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jan 11, 15 12:37 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you're using.

Edited on 01/11/2015 at 7:26:32 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Delicious: Emily's New Beginning here.

[Post New]by tuennes on Jan 11, 15 6:35 AM
again game progress will not be saved, I thought this problem has already been fixed, because the collectors edition had the same...Windows 7

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Jan 11, 15 7:25 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgVaiya

coppermermaid
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by coppermermaid on Jan 11, 15 8:37 AM
tuennes wrote:again game progress will not be saved, I thought this problem has already been fixed, because the collectors edition had the same...Windows 7

Try running it as administrator

Edited on 01/11/2015 at 8:42:42 AM PST

Norynne
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Norynne on Jan 16, 15 7:31 PM
Hello - First - LOVE the new game!! Thanks everyone who worked on this. Fantastic job!! So, my question is this: I can't seem to earn higher than $2,450-ish on level 6-10 in the CE. I suspect it is because I can't purchase the final restaurant item, however I am unable to do that as the game no longer presents me with the option to purchase it (whatever that last item is) I've even gone back through and replayed every level. I've achieved 3 stars on all other levels and collected all the trophies except, of course, for buying all shop items in all restaurants. Is this a problem others have reported?

I'm on an HP PC

Thanks!!

- N

Edited on 01/16/2015 at 7:33:25 PM PST

JB58
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by JB58 on Jan 18, 15 3:57 AM
After install, games fails to run 'Failed to create a DirectX device. (13) message appears. I have uninstalled and re-installed and get the same message. I have had no problems with other games

pam825
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by pam825 on Jan 19, 15 8:15 PM
On leved 2-9 I am unable to make the 3 flavor gelato. I was able to do that in the previous levels but not this one. I've clicked on each flavor like before but will not let me mix the flavors, so I can't get past this level. I am using Windows 7 on a desktop. Thanks!

[Post New]by Jennlovebug on Jan 21, 15 9:42 AM
I think there may be an incorrect number of game items listed on the Trophies screen.

I'm playing on an iPad, not sure if there is a different forum, but I didn't see one. I have completed the entire game, earned all the people (Trophies) at the end, except I can't get Brigid. She says play with every item in the game, and the number is stuck at 146/148. I went back through each restaurant and made sure I re-played with every single item, and still it says 146/148. So I went back into each restaurant and counted the items. The total of all items across all restaurants is only 146, there are not 148 items.

And even though I do not have the Brigid trophy (the character pic is still grey), I DID get the Ducks trophy, which is supposed to be for unlocking EVERY other character, even though Brigid appears not to be unlocked.

Any idea what is going on?

[Post New]by mrbighead1413 on Jan 23, 15 10:37 PM
I am having the same issue as JB58 I keep getting the failed to create a directx device(13). I can't even load the game

[Post New]by Ithanny on Jan 24, 15 6:31 AM
coppermermaid wrote:
tuennes wrote:again game progress will not be saved, I thought this problem has already been fixed, because the collectors edition had the same...Windows 7

Try running it as administrator

I have the same problem, doesn't help that i'm running it as administrator... Windows 8.1.

[Post New]by highdee on Feb 1, 15 4:17 PM
Hi,
I took part in the survey of the game having recieved the seak preview and it ran well without any bugs. Now I Have downloaded the trial version and I'm having difficulties. I cannot pick up the cash from the costumers.
Windows Vista

[Post New]by mrbighead1413 on Feb 8, 15 7:18 PM
I am recieving A "Failed to create a Directx device {13}" message and am unable to play the game I am using Windows 7 as my operating system

[Post New]by GamesB4Chores on Mar 7, 15 10:08 PM
I am having the same issue as some other posters: "Failed to create a DirectX device". I cannot get the game to open. Never had this problem with ANY other BF game. I am running Windows 8.1.

[Post New]by Psyche_knew on Mar 17, 15 9:03 PM
I am having the same problems as the others.....failed to create Direct x...... has anyone heard about how to fix it? I played the Collectors editon trial without problems and I have un- installed and re installed around 10m times

[Post New]by LadyAgie on Mar 25, 15 4:38 AM
I purchased the game on 3/3/15 and have tried multiple times to run the program. Each time I get the same problem that others have been reporting, namely "Failed to create DirectX..." error. I have tried to reinstall the program, reinstall DirectX, as well as endless reboots.

Please tell me how to fix this problem, or tell me how to get a refund (in game credits) for this game.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 25, 15 6:59 AM
Hi everyone,

It sounds like a number of players are seeing a DirectX error message when trying to play this particular game. I'm so sorry to hear about that. Talk about frustrating.

It may be helpful to uninstall and reinstall this particular game. If you are still seeing the error message pop up, please contact our Technical Support Team. They can help to look into this for you.

I hope this helps!

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by Stephygirl on Apr 12, 15 6:49 AM
I had the same issue with the Direct X error message and contacted tech support. They were extremely unhelpful and just sent me a code for a new game instead of telling when what is being done to fix the issue with the game I wish to be able to play. Poor customer service Big Fish!!!!!!!

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 12, 15 12:49 PM
Hi Stephygirl,

I'm so sorry to hear about the confusion with the Technical Support team. We definitely want to help get things up and running for you. If you contact the Customer Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report I'm sure they can help to troubleshoot this game for you.

Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by Stephygirl on Apr 13, 15 10:59 AM
I did contact the tech support with a Dr Felix report and the free game code with an apology was the response I received with no explanation other than the game is experiencing some technical issues.

[Post New]by GamesB4Chores on May 4, 15 7:15 PM
Argh! Same post as many other users. I am getting the Direct X error message. After being able to play all of the other Delicious games and having purchased this one assuming all would be fine, it is especially frustrating. I have uninstalled and reloaded it with no luck.

Go to: