lnesh
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

Distorted Characters

[Post New]by lnesh on May 13, 09 8:20 PM
Hi...although the background looks great, the characters are not defined and look like rock people. Any idea on how to fix?

Re:Distorted Characters

[Post New]by kehewett on May 13, 09 9:14 PM
I am having the same problem EXACTLY. I've been all over the internet looking for a solution with no results. I purchased the game because the graphics were impressive. It's frustrating that after purchasing and installing the game, the characters look like they weren't finished.
Could this have something to do with Direct X that seemed to automatically install or update (not sure which) during the game installation?

lnesh
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by lnesh on May 13, 09 10:36 PM
I don't think so because Direct X always installs during install of these complex games. Maybe someone from Tech Support will have the answer.

[Post New]by kehewett on May 15, 09 6:18 PM
Well, I've updated Direct X...uninstalled the game...updated registery using Registry Mechanic...restarted my PC...reinstalled the game from scratch...characters are STILL distorted. I've emailed Tech Support. Maybe they have some ideas.

beckx020
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by beckx020 on May 15, 09 7:02 PM
Mine aren't rock people. The first part with the movie plays fine and looks ok.

the menu page looks ok. When I start a game the bar looks ok, but the characters are jagged and look all cut up.

[Post New]by kehewett on May 16, 09 9:35 AM
Right...are their faces dark and it's as if you can see their frames...almost as though they haven't been finished? Odd when the backgrounds are fine.
I also noted that the faces in the dialog boxes are dark and unfinished looking.

Edited on 05/16/2009 at 9:36:12 AM PST

laineyloo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by laineyloo on May 18, 09 10:44 AM
I don't any an image of people at all, I just get the background screen and dialogue, completely unplayable.... very disappointed

FloNS
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by FloNS on May 18, 09 12:08 PM
I had the same problem and just riased my resolution in my computer settings to 1280 x 1024.
Just right click your mouse on you desktop, go to properties, then settings, and change screen resolution.

beckx020
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by beckx020 on May 18, 09 1:04 PM
I tried changing my screen resolution and it didn't help with the game.

lnesh
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by lnesh on May 18, 09 5:46 PM
Update...I contacted Tech Support. They checked my computer and it turns out that my driver needed to be updated. They sent me the download and now everything works perfectly! :-)

alioup
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by alioup on May 26, 09 4:28 PM
CAN YOU TELL ME WHERE i GO FOR THE DRIVER UPDATE FOR DISTORTED CHARACTERS, AND WHAT i AM LOOKING FOR
THANK YOU

Stoneyman
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Stoneyman on May 27, 09 7:59 AM
It depends wether or not you have a dedicated video driver (on the mother board) or a separate card. I have NVIDIA GS 8800 & I went to their site. Clicked on downloads & looked for driver updates. If you have a dedicated machine (laptop, Dell, etc.) try going to their site & look for driver updates. They typically allow you to save the download & then you just dbl clk to run & install.

Go to: