game.etc error, access violation problems

[Post New]by jblissnrsy on May 14, 09 12:19 PM
I am still trying to figure out why my computer won't allow me to play this game. Obviously some are able to play it, so I am asking what systems are they using. I have Gateway with Vista, using Direct X 10, I have comcast security. How about those who are also having similar issues. Updates on my computer tell me that all my drivers are up to date...so could it be my firewall security?"??

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Re:game.etc error, access violation problems

[Post New]by 126035 on May 14, 09 4:51 PM
ACCESS ERR CAN NOT PLAY GAME WHATS WRONG PLEASE REPLY*126035

jacquibagley
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by jacquibagley on May 14, 09 5:00 PM
126035 wrote:ACCESS ERR CAN NOT PLAY GAME WHATS WRONG PLEASE REPLY*126035

I have not had any problems with all other games.....I purchase 4-5 games a week......my computer is compatible with this games requirements.......could you please advise.

[Post New]by Buffalo12980 on May 14, 09 5:53 PM
my wife and I have two different machines. she a compaq me a dell optiplex 330. I can d/l and install the game but I get Access violation at 0x0044B692 (tried to read from 0x00000000) program terminated. At the end of the d/l DirectX updates itself. Disabling my anti virus programs doesn't help. I have 2 gig of ram. my video and audio software updates are up to date. Need help. My wife's machine gives the same exact error, same numeric values.

Alrydian
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Alrydian on May 15, 09 7:11 AM
I have the same problem, and customer service told me to turn other programmes off running in the background, which I did (I even uninstalled Mcafee Security Centre). I have nothing (apart from operating system) running in the background, still I get the access violation error and can't start the game.
I have many other games (some quite large (over 3G ) but don't have any problems like this, only this game has this violation error.
I hope the developement company (or BFG) can take a look at this error and come up with a workaround. It's a shame I was looking forward to playing Daemon Jones, it looks really good. At least i'm not the only one with this error, it doesn't look like a pc compatability problem.

nan1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by nan1 on May 15, 09 7:33 AM
I cannot play any games in big fish since i updated Java....I have tried everything you suggested and nothing works.... how di I get back to the old Java which worked for me.

cherbando
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by cherbando on May 15, 09 4:54 PM
I also can not run this game. Not only that , it did something to my PC and I lost all my display settings and my icons and fonts are now teeny tiny and I lost my Theme settings. This is the second game this week that will not work. I bought Casebook and couldn't even enter my name to play. I am really frustrated, I buy large file games from "The Adventure Company" on CD-Rom all the time and play them with out a hitch.

[Post New]by daffeyduck on May 15, 09 6:43 PM
[b]I also am having problem with this game it downloads fine but when I click on the icon to play it comes up with error and shuts down then I tried to download Direct X 10.0 then it had to check to see if my drivers were updated which they were not so it would not let me put Direct X 10.0 into my systemI have a Dell with Vistaamd I purchas alot I mean alot of game and never have any problems with the games so have very upset that I cannot play this game pleaseeeeeeeeeeee Help

[Post New]by ONLCKED on May 16, 09 12:47 AM
im having the same problem with this game as i did with "monsters" my screen turns black, i can hear the game in the back ground. and i get a message on the screen that says "can not disply in this video mode" any ideas???

spiritc
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by spiritc on May 16, 09 10:49 AM
I have vista and error message indicates a microsoft problem. I guess they are working on it.

[Post New]by desiree3662 on May 17, 09 11:07 PM
I know you people don't expect bigfish administration to actually come into this forum and help anyone do you? That's why they have a forum. So you people would complain to yourselves and continue to get frustrated while just leaving them alone to sell you more stuff that don't work.

goeash
Koi
Koi
83,198 Posts

[Post New]by goeash on May 18, 09 12:07 AM
I've had the same problem and have contacted BF by going to their help icon (top right hand corner). They will do their best to help, and come up with solutions.

Error:Access violation at 0x0044B692 (triedto read from 0x00000000), program terminated

[Post New]by RedSlider on May 18, 09 3:06 AM
Amazing adventure!! same error,, two diferent computers.. i pay some money for a lovely error..

Need advices ....

..no adivces....money back!!!

Edited on 05/18/2009 at 5:26:08 AM PST

Alrydian
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Alrydian on May 18, 09 11:27 AM
Does anyone know if they are working on this problem?
I keep checking this forum every day, but no news.

[Post New]by jblissnrsy on May 18, 09 4:12 PM
I contacted customer services, and their solution didnt work either, which was to use DR Fix, sent to them, they analyzed and sent me link for updated driver, which after I d/l my gateway informed me was not validated for this computer. I let tech know and received coupon for purchase of another game. Ty for all the responses

bfgCelebes
2,038 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCelebes on May 19, 09 11:35 AM
Hey all,

Diamon Jones: Amulet of the World is one of those games that requires a lot from a computer/graphics card, meaning that if you have an older video card or an integrated chipset in your computer then this can result in an Access Violation or other technical difficulties, such as freezing/lagging and weird graphical issues.

If you haven't already, I highly recommend checking out the Access Violation article (just click here ) to make sure that you have the latest drivers for your video card, the latest DirectX and the proper security settings. While some have found that these solutions did not fix the problem, we have had others report successful results after running the appropriate updates.

I hope this helps!

~~~bfgCelebes~ ~~~

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by 126035 on May 20, 09 4:42 AM
TRYED ALL STILL NO WORK FREE GAME BACK DIAMOND JONES WILL NOT WORK FOR ME

[Post New]by 24fames1 on May 21, 09 3:14 PM
try adjusting your screen resolution if you get the game started on main menu goto options at top of screen then adjust by lowering screen resolution, mines on 1024 768
it runs great now lower the number the faster processing the graphics

[Post New]by Tewdope on Aug 1, 09 10:37 AM
nan1 wrote:I cannot play any games in big fish since i updated Java....I have tried everything you suggested and nothing works.... how di I get back to the old Java which worked for me.

Do a system restore...........I updated my adobe flash player today and all of the sudden I cannot play my Diner Dash........grrrrrrr

I will do a system restore to a point before the update and I am confident I will be able to play again......Just a time consuming task that should not be necessary.

I will not do anymore updates...............sad eh? I would rather play the game than to have up to date files on my pc

xoxoxox
Tew

[Post New]by lovemydane on Oct 21, 09 5:19 PM
Why am I still getting access violations? I have 3 game credits available and can not use any of them. What is the deal??

Go to: