bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Monument Builders: Cathedral Rising

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 12, 15 12:29 AM
Travel through the middle ages to the Renaissance and build the world’s tallest Gothic cathedral. Heed the advice of a Project Manager and his brother, the Storyteller. Will you accept the challenge that span over six centuries? Can you build Germany’s most famous monument, the Cologne Cathedral?

Gather construction materials, clear the terrain and transport the material to the workshop. Protect your construction site from robbers and bandits. Discover more than 40 places and uncover 29 hidden object scenes! Will you be able to complete the construction in time and leave your mark in history?

dueler
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

Re:Monument Builders: Cathedral Rising

[Post New]by dueler on Jan 12, 15 4:37 AM
Aint much good at keeping spammers out are you, AGAIN there at it and you don't seem to know what to do to get rid of them, seems you have a loop hole in your security.

Nagster
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by Nagster on Jan 12, 15 4:45 AM
dueler wrote:Aint much good at keeping spammers out are you, AGAIN there at it and you don't seem to know what to do to get rid of them, seems you have a loop hole in your security.

It is a bit distressing. If they can't figure out how to eliminate/prevent the SPAM comments, how safe is our billing information?

[Post New]by Marinersfan04 on Jan 12, 15 4:55 AM
Nagster, that is a good point.

nelly153
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by nelly153 on Jan 12, 15 5:05 AM
Nagster wrote:
dueler wrote:Aint much good at keeping spammers out are you, AGAIN there at it and you don't seem to know what to do to get rid of them, seems you have a loop hole in your security.

It is a bit distressing. If they can't figure out how to eliminate/prevent the SPAM comments, how safe is our billing information?

It is worrying when this much spam can hit the forum so quickly - what are BFG doing about it?

Edited on 01/12/2015 at 5:06:07 AM PST

gamblebug
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by gamblebug on Jan 12, 15 8:59 AM
I agree with all the post.This beginning to be a serious problem.The last I think 3 or 4 games this what shows up.I hope I never see anything pop up and ask me to verify my membership,cause I won't do it .That's what worries me like other fishies getting through to our accounts.It seems to me this started taking place after new ownership.All the years I've been with BF I've never seen this before.Seems BF isn't as safe as it used to be.Someone needs to get on the ball here.If hackers can find you then you should be able to find them.Please

[Post New]by shelterhill on Jan 12, 15 2:10 PM
gamblebug wrote:I agree with all the post.This beginning to be a serious problem.The last I think 3 or 4 games this what shows up.I hope I never see anything pop up and ask me to verify my membership,cause I won't do it .That's what worries me like other fishies getting through to our accounts.It seems to me this started taking place after new ownership.All the years I've been with BF I've never seen this before.Seems BF isn't as safe as it used to be.Someone needs to get on the ball here.If hackers can find you then you should be able to find them.Please

+ 1, please do something about it!
This is annoying and worrying now

[Post New]by Dark_Promise on Jan 14, 15 12:13 AM
Hey guys, I hate to tell you but you don't know what you are talking about. Spam in a forum and your BILLING info are two separate worlds. Spam is the bane of every forum owner and every mod WORLD WIDE. Fighting spam is an art not a science and there ARE no easy fixes. Ever heard of proxies, spambots, regenerative IPs? Other things I am not even going to name and save the world some trouble by not teaching others about it. Do you realize the reason they do it is because they get money every time you click on their spam post? DON'T FEED THE TROLLS! People here are feeding them or they wouldn't be coming back. I have run a very large forum, often over 1000 posts a day for over 15 years. I know what I am talking about.

A couple of months ago I went back to the forum of an old game, so old all the threads had been locked. Everything except the new spam that had been thrown up all over the section. I didn't click on it, I noted the game and URL, mailed it to the mods and not only did they clean it up I got a very nice note and a game code. They didn't need to give me a thing. What I did was part of protecting a community I value. It was very nice of them and I certainly would not expect them to do it again but it shows the kind of company BigFish is. They are trying people. Work with them, to their faces, instead of posting snark in a thread that doesn't even look like what it is.

Go to: