Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

Please Post Reviews for ReignMaker Here

[Post New]by Janette5 on Jan 12, 15 4:27 AM
This game is a hybrid between a tower defense and a match 3, but there is so much more going on. This game is basically split into two levels, the town developing and the battle.

Town Developing
You have to build your city and for this you need resources. In addition you are asked to make policy decisions and these impact on your game. The policy decisions are quite fun and you choose one option out of about 4 options. Further you develop buildings, acquire resources (that's automatic, you don't run and collect!) As you develop your town more people come, you can develop your weapons, you can expand and upgrade your buildings and make more fun policy decisions. All of this is just using strategy and making decisions on what you feel is important.

Battle
In order to gain resources for your town you need to do battle. This is a very unique element of the game. You have a match three board - or several boards and as you make a match it launches a weapon that will attack the ongoing enemies. This requires you to make the match on the right part of the board as it will shoot out from that part of the board. Different tiles will also shoot out different weapons.
In addition you can click at the bottom of the board before starting and choose additional weapons, soldiers and spells that will help you, for example if you can't make a match there are spells there to break a tile, or throw a net on an enemy or use a direct weapon, there's really a lot there. It's going to require a lot of strategy, trial and error here.
You also have optional quests that appear at the top that you can fulfil for extra resources. And then resources are dropped by the enemies or appear on the board that you can click and collect. You're not going to be bored for a second here!

The game has three difficulty settings and I chose easy to evaluate it, I'm glad I did because even on easy I got wiped out when I forgot to use my extra spells and weapons. I would suggest you try it on easy as well for a while just because there is so much about this game and this gives you an opportunity to learn the different elements of the game at a slower pace. There's a lot you can ignore at first, like the optional challenges if you feel that there is too much going on. There's documentation on the side that you can read at your own pace as well.

I did find this game to be fun, challenging and unique and recommend it to anyone who enjoys a challenge.

Edited on 01/12/2015 at 7:39:29 AM PST

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

Re:Review for ReignMaker

[Post New]by Yaelle on Jan 12, 15 7:10 AM
This is amazing!!!
I love this so much!!!
Finally, a REAL game. Its been awhile...

Oh my gosh I could just cry right now. I have played 20 minutes of the demo & I'm definitely buying this.

YESSSS......

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

Re:Review for ReignMaker

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Jan 12, 15 7:38 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on ReignMaker here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on ReignMaker .
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgVaiya

AriadneSP
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

Re:Please Post Reviews for ReignMaker Here

[Post New]by AriadneSP on Jan 12, 15 11:43 AM
this is really good fun! match three, zapping monsters, building my town up and creating weapons and heroes. loving it!

Go to: