Timebomb007
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,767 Posts

TGT: Yard Sale Hidden Treasures: Lucky Junction

[Post New]by Timebomb007 on May 15, 09 12:02 AM
Yard Sale Hidden Treasures: Lucky Junction from Slapdash Games

Hanna Harlow, the hostess of the world`s favorite decorating television show, is looking for the next design superstar in Yard Sale Hidden Treasures: Lucky Junction! Find the exact items you need in the yard sales of Lucky Junction, and create divine décor out of derelict debris. Redesign rooms in your neighbor`s homes, and propel yourself into T.V. stardom in this exciting and fun Hidden Object game.

* All new locations
* Complete creative projects
* Become a T.V. star!
* Check out our Blog Walkthrough

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,653 Posts

Re:TGT: Yard Sale Hidden Treasures: Lucky Junction

[Post New]by AnnBy on May 15, 09 12:05 AM
Downloading now. I loved the first one and will more than likely love this one as well!

blingykins
Shark
Shark
13,353 Posts

[Post New]by blingykins on May 15, 09 12:06 AM
Downloading now too

lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

[Post New]by lilyr on May 15, 09 12:06 AM
I'll check it out, but I was hoping it would be the same characters as Sunnyvale.

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,653 Posts

[Post New]by AnnBy on May 15, 09 12:07 AM
Lily,

It looked like the same names. Did you watch the video? Where it showed the pictures the names underneath were the same as were in the first game as far as I can remember.

bep1
Shark
Shark
10,381 Posts

[Post New]by bep1 on May 15, 09 12:10 AM
It looks good.

lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

[Post New]by lilyr on May 15, 09 12:12 AM
Thanks, Annby. I'll check it out in the next couple of days.

shuttlegrannyjo
Catfish
Catfish
1,575 Posts

[Post New]by shuttlegrannyjo on May 15, 09 12:13 AM
Getting demo DLing now....hope it's as good as the other one!!!

4mybirds4
Salmon
Salmon
2,663 Posts

[Post New]by 4mybirds4 on May 15, 09 12:14 AM
I have the first one and liked it...already downloaded this one but will have to wait til later to play it. I need go get some sleep.

GeeBee
Narwhal
Narwhal
32,109 Posts

[Post New]by GeeBee on May 15, 09 12:17 AM
Downloading now and will probably buy....I loved the first one and am hoping this one will be as good if not better.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on May 15, 09 12:18 AM
I was thrilled to discover a "magnify" option!

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on May 15, 09 12:42 AM
I enjoyed the first as well and am downloading now. However I did just start the trial for EVE online and that's threatening to eat my brain so may well get sucked back into if this doesn't hold my attention really well. (any MMO players in the pond tried EVE?) But anyway we'll see if this sequel is up to snuff.

shuttlegrannyjo
Catfish
Catfish
1,575 Posts

[Post New]by shuttlegrannyjo on May 15, 09 12:46 AM
Never heard of it Poodle...

lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

[Post New]by lilyr on May 15, 09 12:48 AM
I just took a quick look at the game. The two screen shots had quirky locations like the first one. There wasn't a video button on the screen that tells you about the game. I didn't see/read anything about any characters.

LadyCedar
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Re:TGT: Yard Sale Hidden Treasures: Lucky Junction GLITCH!

[Post New]by LadyCedar on May 15, 09 12:55 AM
Downloaded and it will not load past the menu screen.
"Error access violation at 0x00610035 ( tried to read from 0x00000842), program terminated"
Deleted and re loaded 2Xs now, and still the same glitch!
Please forward to tech support?
I was soooo looking forward to this game!
Mich

[Post New]by catsholidayhome on May 15, 09 1:03 AM
Very much like the last one. Have bought it because it is a nice game to play. However, hate the restoration and making of decorations - childish! Also is it me or are the stars difficult to find - on the first level only found the first one!

vickie39
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by vickie39 on May 15, 09 1:20 AM
Didn't buy the first one because of having to "restore" items (painting, cleaning, etc.). It's boring and my hand falls asleep; having to move the mouse while holding down mouse button for soooo long to hold rags and paint brushes.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on May 15, 09 2:01 AM
Relaxed Mode. Timed Mode. Magnifying Glass.

For the stars that zoom your objects off the page, the more items you find the more annoying it gets.

For the exploding stars that you get when you find an item that you can use in decorating your rooms.

For the tiny lights that zoom across the screen at breakneck speed in the campfire scene. I do not know if they are supposed to be sparks from the campfire or fireflies ... what I do know is that they are really darned annoying!!!.

There are also leaves dropping like stones all the time too but they are not quite as annoying because they are not flashing lights.

Between these two things I found it practically impossible to find any objects in that scene.

I am seeing stars literally and I have only played for 26 minutes and had to stop.

Hidden Object Games require you to:

a) Sit closer to the screen.
b) Stare intently at the screen looking for the tiny objects.

The last thing you need or want is any sort of light flashing or zooming across the screen because it hurts your eyes and also makes it nearly impossible to see the objects that you are trying to find.

To the Developer: Slapdash Games

Please can you tell me if it is at all possible for you to provide a patch or some other means of turning these items off or at least reducing the number of them to make them more tolerable.

Thanking you in anticipation as I would really like to buy this game.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on May 15, 09 2:07 AM
I feel completely confident saying if you liked the original Yard Sale Hidden Treasures you will like this one because, essentially, they are the same game. Not that that's a bad thing, just don't expect anything new.

There are both Timed and Relaxed Mode, always a good thing, and "findable" hints beyond the first 3 you are given, though I must say the stars to find for additional hints were tough to find and I *think* limited to one per scene. Since I never used all the hints I don't know if you are given more as you go along or are dependent on finding them.

Like the first we have a nicely rendered neighborhood of new quirky characters in their themed houses holding yard sales. I *was* pleased to see that the characters from the first game return, but this time they are our decorating clients for which we are finding Yard Sale Treasures. Can hardly to see what I'll be doing for the Alien! Finally get to see inside the ship! There is a repeat of the restore and repurpose items into decorating pieces mini-game. This is very easy, at least on Relaxed, and while a pleasant diversion in the proceedings it still feels a bit pointless to me, as does "decorating" the rooms as the items go into clearly defined areas with no chance for creative input and no challenge at all. Still, as I said a pleasant diversion. Along with the main story goal of decorating the rooms to impress a TV Decorating Show Host there is an underlying plot of a Cranky Curmudgeon who is trying to shut down the sales. A mystery to solve!

Besides the story driven "Career Mode" there is an unlockable Lucky Junction Tour Mode after you complete the Career which I assume is randomly generated Hidden Object scenes in the locations, but that's an assumption only. It would add value for folks just looking for a quick game.

So what we have here is a sequel equal to the first, certainly, with good graphics, pleasant music and sounds, a zoom feature, 2 Modes, solid Hidden Object play with replayability, easy mini-game, and a simple but semi-compelling storyline. All what you could expect, if nothing really new or of note. A solid offering. Not crazy about it though, so gonna hold back full Poodlebear Approval, but definitely a 2 thumber.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

Re:TGT: Yard Sale Hidden Treasures: Lucky Junction GLITCH!

[Post New]by Poodlebear on May 15, 09 2:11 AM
LadyCedar wrote:Downloaded and it will not load past the menu screen.
"Error access violation at 0x00610035 ( tried to read from 0x00000842), program terminated"
Deleted and re loaded 2Xs now, and still the same glitch!
Please forward to tech support?
I was soooo looking forward to this game!
Mich

You need to contact tech support yourself, no one here can forward your request for you. Just click on the green envelope at the bottom right side of this screen or the blue question mark button on the top right.

Good luck!

Go to: