We hope you love the game! Please post questions for tips, help, etc. :)

[Post New]by FrogdiceDev on Jan 12, 15 12:03 PM
Hello everyone,

We hope you are enjoying the game and having a blast.

If you want help, tips, etc. please feel free to post threads with whatever you need help on, and I am sure either I or the rest of the fans will be happy to help.

Some of ReignMaker's levels can be challenging, but with the right strategy you'd be surprised how much easier even the "hard" levels become.

Have fun!

 
Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

Re:We hope you love the game! Please post questions for tips, help, etc. :)

[Post New]by Yaelle on Jan 12, 15 3:05 PM
I like this game so much that I could cry!!!!
Do you know how rare it is for some of us to find game that are not among the usual offerings around here & similar sites?

This is the greatest. (I'm a little lost, but that's to be expected.) This is amazing. That is all.

 

Re:We hope you love the game! Please post questions for tips, help, etc. :)

[Post New]by FrogdiceDev on Jan 12, 15 6:15 PM
Yaelle wrote:I like this game so much that I could cry!!!!
Do you know how rare it is for some of us to find game that are not among the usual offerings around here & similar sites?

This is the greatest. (I'm a little lost, but that's to be expected.) This is amazing. That is all.


Wow. Thank you so much! Your post (and the reviews we have received so far) have really made this a great day.

I am going to share your post with our team so they can see how much folks love the game.

I can tell you that we worked our tails off on it and hope it gives you many, many, many hours of fun!

 
Iamrhea
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Re:We hope you love the game! Please post questions for tips, help, etc. :)

[Post New]by Iamrhea on Jan 12, 15 6:55 PM
I am enjoying it immensely too. Would like to see a walkthrough or some hints about how things work, but I know I'll be playing this thing for at least a month the way things are going, lol. TY so much for giving an awesome Match 3 with a fabulous twist. (My decision making is apparently pretty good according to my citizens atm) LOVE!!!

Edited on 01/12/2015 at 6:57:07 PM PST


 

Re:We hope you love the game! Please post questions for tips, help, etc. :)

[Post New]by FrogdiceDev on Jan 12, 15 7:10 PM
Iamrhea wrote:I am enjoying it immensely too. Would like to see a walkthrough or some hints about how things work, but I know I'll be playing this thing for at least a month the way things are going, lol.


I'm not sure what the rules are on Big Fish for what kind of walkthroughs/videos we can provide.

But if you have questions about any specific level, feature, gameplay element, or anything like that, go ahead and make a new thread about it and I'll explain to the best of my ability.

Iamrhea wrote:
TY so much for giving an awesome Match 3 with a fabulous twist. (My decision making is apparently pretty good according to my citizens atm) LOVE!!!


You are very, very welcome. I am glad you appreciate our take on a match-3 game. We love match-3 game mechanics, and so it is fun to take that and add in some other gameplay concepts: rich story, RPG elements, city building, etc.

Our hope is that it gives people even more stuff to enjoy and keep them having fun longer.

 
pidgie65
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

Re:We hope you love the game! Please post questions for tips, help, etc. :)

[Post New]by pidgie65 on Jan 12, 15 11:29 PM
Actually, I have a tip for all developers. If you want to attract discerning gamers to try your games, it's probably best to refrain from padding out the reviews with five-star reviews by "gamers" that are obviously in some way connected to the developer.

Picking an example from thin air, for this game, four of the eight five-star reviews have left only two reviews on the entire Big Fish site, one for this game and one for Tower of Elements, another Frogdice game. Two of them read like testimonials you might see for a product advertised on late-night television.

When I see things like this - and I do look, because reviews by people who are actual members of this site influence my decision whether or not to demo a game - I make it a policy to entirely avoid the game and the developer. This kind of conduct creates a lose-lose situation: I miss out on what might be one or more nice games, and the developer loses a promising customer forever.




 
Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

Re:We hope you love the game! Please post questions for tips, help, etc. :)

[Post New]by Janette5 on Jan 12, 15 11:58 PM
pidgie65 wrote:Actually, I have a tip for all developers...



Although I agree with you developers shouldn't write their own review, there are too many great games just being ignored and disappearing because nobody takes any interest in them - an example of a great game that got little attention is Mana Crusher - it wasn't on the newsletters and was also a soft release. I understand sometimes developers may get desperate... I get desperate too when there is nothing unique or creative being presented here day after day.

It would be sad if you are missing out on a great game just to 'punish' a developer for trying to market their game here - and it may very well be their friends who are trying to support them, rather than themselves.


 
Iamrhea
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Re:We hope you love the game! Please post questions for tips, help, etc. :)

[Post New]by Iamrhea on Jan 13, 15 12:03 AM
pidgie65, have you played the game???

I'm a Big Fish customer for the last 11 years at least. This is an awesome and new twist on Match 3 as it requires some decision making as well as point click, slide, meh.

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO tired of these hidden object epic type games and Collectors Editions BF has been feeding us lately, this is a welcome change.

I've been reduced to looking forward to every new (same as last one only w different colored chickens) Chicken Invaders....

Edited on 01/13/2015 at 12:09:27 AM PST


 
Iamrhea
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Re:We hope you love the game! Please post questions for tips, help, etc. :)

[Post New]by Iamrhea on Jan 13, 15 12:15 AM
I do have to say to the game developers, I've noticed that some of the decision questions are the same thru all the empires. (They are hilarious tho...loved the pig and apple one...) So once I made a good one that pleased everybody in the first one, Ii just made the same decision every time.

 

Re:We hope you love the game! Please post questions for tips, help, etc. :)

[Post New]by FrogdiceDev on Jan 13, 15 7:01 AM
pidgie65 wrote:Actually, I have a tip for all developers. If you want to attract discerning gamers to try your games, it's probably best to refrain from padding out the reviews with five-star reviews by "gamers" that are obviously in some way connected to the developer.


Thanks for the feedback, pidgie65.

Frogdice has been around since 1996. We have hard core fans that follow us wherever our games can be found. I totally get your point, but I would never discourage them from reviewing our games or helping people find them. One thing we will never do is discourage our fans from being excited and passionate about our games or the communities around them.

We've actually barely even told our community about this launch specifically because we didn't want them to flood over here and buy copies of the game just to post reviews.

We are big fans of the Big Fish community and want to see how well our game cane do here organically.

Thanks again for checking us out, and I hope you'll at least try the demo.

 

Re:We hope you love the game! Please post questions for tips, help, etc. :)

[Post New]by FrogdiceDev on Jan 13, 15 7:05 AM
Iamrhea wrote:pidgie65, have you played the game???

I'm a Big Fish customer for the last 11 years at least. This is an awesome and new twist on Match 3 as it requires some decision making as well as point click, slide, meh.

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO tired of these hidden object epic type games and Collectors Editions BF has been feeding us lately, this is a welcome change.


Thanks so much Iamrhea.

I'm really glad you are loving the game .

 
Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

Re:We hope you love the game! Please post questions for tips, help, etc. :)

[Post New]by Janette5 on Jan 13, 15 8:46 AM
Suggestions for the next version:

A slight delay at the end of the level to allow one to pick up the gold that is left behind on the field before leaving the screen.

With the optional tasks it would be nice to see a count down for example if it says make 5 matches that it counts down 4 remaining, 3 remaining etc.

(However, these are minor, I think this is a really well made game!)


 

Re:We hope you love the game! Please post questions for tips, help, etc. :)

[Post New]by FrogdiceDev on Jan 13, 15 10:17 AM
Janette5 wrote:Suggestions for the next version:

A slight delay at the end of the level to allow one to pick up the gold that is left behind on the field before leaving the screen.


Good news! It does that for you automatically.

Any gold remaining on the screen (and scrolls too!) when you complete a level is automatically scooped up.

Also: have you played around with the scout at all? He is pretty handy during the level as well.

Janette5 wrote:
With the optional tasks it would be nice to see a count down for example if it says make 5 matches that it counts down 4 remaining, 3 remaining etc.


I agree. That would be a really nice improvement. We may even try to work something like that into a patch/update.

Janette5 wrote:
(However, these are minor, I think this is a really well made game!)


Thank you!

 

Re:We hope you love the game! Please post questions for tips, help, etc. :)

[Post New]by fantasygirl68 on Jan 13, 15 10:36 AM
what are gold bars for??? how do you get rid of them?? so confused here..

 

Re:We hope you love the game! Please post questions for tips, help, etc. :)

[Post New]by FrogdiceDev on Jan 14, 15 5:41 PM
fantasygirl68 wrote:what are gold bars for??? how do you get rid of them?? so confused here..


I'm not sure what you mean. What gold bars?

 
Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

Re:We hope you love the game! Please post questions for tips, help, etc. :)

[Post New]by Janette5 on Jan 15, 15 12:51 AM
I did some research and I suspect it is Teppenheimer Wigglebottoms that is responsible for - someone turned my cat pink! Tell her she's very funny!

 

Re:We hope you love the game! Please post questions for tips, help, etc. :)

[Post New]by FrogdiceDev on Jan 15, 15 11:42 AM
Janette5 wrote:I did some research and I suspect it is Teppenheimer Wigglebottoms that is responsible for - someone turned my cat pink! Tell her she's very funny!


You are probably right. Tepphenheimer Wigglebottoms (Tehpig for short) is a silly little creature.

But she's super cute and friendly and greets everyone who stops by our office, so I guess it is ok!

I will pass your message along to her.

 
aleutcia
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

Re:We hope you love the game! Please post questions for tips, help, etc. :)

[Post New]by aleutcia on Jan 15, 15 8:38 PM
When you collect the gold on the playing field from fallen enemies, what exactly is that? Is it really triads or something used differently? Haven't made it very far yet, only 12 battles in, but am enjoying the game very much.

 

Re:We hope you love the game! Please post questions for tips, help, etc. :)

[Post New]by FrogdiceDev on Jan 15, 15 10:20 PM
aleutcia wrote:When you collect the gold on the playing field from fallen enemies, what exactly is that? Is it really triads or something used differently? Haven't made it very far yet, only 12 battles in, but am enjoying the game very much.


The gold coins on the playing field are indeed TRIAD coins.

I am really happy to hear you are enjoying the game.

Please feel free to ask any questions you have, and join some of the other discussion threads here.

 

Re:We hope you love the game! Please post questions for tips, help, etc. :)

[Post New]by megs56 on Jan 19, 15 3:41 AM
Hello, Frogdice I absolutely love this game. Thank you for taking the time to make a multi-level interesting game to keep players coming back. I can't stop playing and I just love everything I find out about it. However...I'm up to level 20, I think. I'm trying to beat the Wizard and I just cannot do it. I've tried hitting him with nets, knives, exploding pills and dummies, and I've tried having a few nurses on hand to maintain health, but he does me in each time. Please help!

 
 
 
 
Go to: