gemangus
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

to those who bought the game: is it worthwhile after all?

[Post New]by gemangus on May 15, 09 8:31 AM
considering some of the less than enthusiastic reviews I just wondered if you liked it better after playing for some time.

i know this has been sort of answered in a variety of threads but i thought i would make it more direct.

I am tempted to just buy the game anyway and so many here do seem to be getting into the game. should i go ahead? lol- i know its not a life or death situation!!!!

Edited on 05/15/2009 at 8:34:45 AM PST

Re:to those who bought the game: is it worthwhile after all?

[Post New]by wasborna on May 15, 09 8:47 AM
OMG!!!!
yes buy it you will love it. It is much different and better than the other Virtual Village games. There is so much more interaction. It is well worth the money.

gailsgame
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by gailsgame on May 15, 09 9:53 AM
It depends what you want really. If you dont like games that you have running in the background more or want something fast you might not like it.

I like it a lot as I can do others things while I play it. Like virtual friends I need to care for. Once I got the sleeping issue fixed by changing to day at night time and let them sleep by turning the game off Ive enjoyed it a lot more cuz they are always doing lots of things when I play it.

Im enjoying it a lot.

Lauralei
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by Lauralei on May 15, 09 12:44 PM
It took me a while but I do like it now. In the beginning things moved so slowly and mindlessly collecting coins for $5 was boring. But, you know, by my third day playing I was really enjoying it. I had enough money to buy them little things. My couple had a baby and soon a little munchkin was running around. Collecting coins started to pay off. It grows on you.

samcnm
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by samcnm on May 15, 09 2:53 PM
It depends on what you are looking for. This is a slow game that takes place over many days. Nothing happens fast.

I am currently on bed-rest after foot surgery, so this game is perfect for me. I can finish most games in less than a day, so one that lasts longer suits me right now.

One starts to feel proprietary and responsible for the familes. I forget about them for a while, but then remember that they can't eat if I don't make sure they have food.

It's not really a game, in the traditional sense. It is more of an experience. You don't really win or lose at the game. Your families thrive and you feel proud and happy.

That's about it.

blingykins
Shark
Shark
13,353 Posts

[Post New]by blingykins on May 15, 09 3:06 PM
I'm really enjoying the game .. I play it a bit .. then walk away and do something else for 10 mins, an hour, half a day or a day

Love that I don't have to be 'playing' it all the time

Have you played the demo yet?

Ucwatuget
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by Ucwatuget on May 15, 09 3:22 PM
I have to agree wholeheartedly with the above comments. I really love my little families and especially now that I'm trying to achieve all the goals. I love that you have a lot more one on one time with them and you can ignore them for a good long while if you want. Try the demo. If you don't like the slow pace, you probably won't grow to love the game.

[Post New]by girllfren on May 15, 09 3:23 PM
For 6.99 what do you want. It's fun, you can play for 10 minutes or more and come back after work and see how they are doing. I followed the advice of another player and have 3 families going. Its like a 1 lot The sims. I get email from the neighbors, the tax man, the neighborhood and yes, the kids in college. great fun!! my opinion. I think it will hold me over till Sims 3

Misty40
Clownfish
Clownfish
923 Posts

[Post New]by Misty40 on May 15, 09 3:38 PM
I think it's worthwhile. I'm enjoying this game. It's slow-moving and some things are tedious. But, once you play for a day or two you can really get into it..lol.

xxxHazeyxxx
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by xxxHazeyxxx on May 15, 09 3:44 PM
Misty40 wrote:I think it's worthwhile. I'm enjoying this game. It's slow-moving and some things are tedious. But, once you play for a day or two you can really get into it..lol.

Yes I totally agree! its quite relaxing after a bad day, lol!

Lauralei
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by Lauralei on May 15, 09 3:48 PM
Samcnm, They say you never realize how much you walk around until you can't. I feel for you but glad you have your virtual families to take care of. Maybe you could get a tool belt so you can do things in one trip. teehee Hope you're back on your feet soon!

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by cat52 on May 15, 09 5:47 PM
Lauralei wrote:Samcnm, They say you never realize how much you walk around until you can't. I feel for you but glad you have your virtual families to take care of. Maybe you could get a tool belt so you can do things in one trip. teehee Hope you're back on your feet soon!

Ditto on the get-well-soon, but had to chuckle at "glad you have your virtual families to take care fo"...yeah, or to try to kill off!

I can see where a lot of people would not like this game because it is slow and it does much better if you *don't* play it non-stop. I'm constantly amused by the posts from people wanting lots of money or instant gratification because that is not what this game is about - I think, "okay, suppose you get it all, then what the heck are you going to do?" LDW does a good job of balancing, based on their performance with VV, and I trust them to have balanced this game as well to the pace they want, which is..."relax!"

chrisk5652
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by chrisk5652 on May 15, 09 6:17 PM
In comparison to the three Villagers games, which I loved, this game stinks. It's way too boring and way too slow. I check with my peeps three times a day, and I'm very frustrated with the pace. I've done the level two upgrades, and I guess it will take a month to earn the $15,000 to upgrade further. The answer to the baby making question is either buy the baby boost shot for $500 or the mens cologne. I love Last Day of Work games, but this is very dull.

AzFreebird
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by AzFreebird on May 16, 09 1:06 AM
I purchased the game on a gift certificate - still unsure if I'd like it.
I really enjoyed the Sims but more so for the decorating and building than the actual playing.
I've only had it a week and I have all 6 name slots filled... but I play each of them every day for a while to keep them going... and the little people are growing on me.
I fight with one of the men to get him to work! LOL Lazy sucker just wants to watch tv all the time!

~trick~ walk away from the game for a day and somehow, the remotes are in various places in all the houses and they can't watch tv all the time! ~evil laugh~

blingykins
Shark
Shark
13,353 Posts

[Post New]by blingykins on May 16, 09 1:08 AM
I just came home to find my orginal to family members have passed away

But I've started the Next Generation

gemangus
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by gemangus on May 16, 09 12:30 PM
thanks all. i got the game and i think i like it rather alot. those folks do grow on you.

jamz2
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by jamz2 on May 16, 09 1:35 PM
i'm sooooooo NOT lovin it! It's hard to make $$. I've been playin it
since it came out. I'm sorry i bought it! Like someone else said
"I'd rather watch paint dry". BORED 2 TEARS. I have 3 families,
and still bored. Anyway, I'm going back to living my own life,
it has to be more interesting lol . uninstalling ........

jamz2
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by jamz2 on May 16, 09 1:38 PM
just wanted to know what this "W" game is that e1 talks about?
where do u get it at? has to be more interesting than this game.

NanaSha
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by NanaSha on May 16, 09 1:46 PM
I have to tell you that of all the games I've played, I have enjoyed this one more. Yes, I enjoyed:
Azada(s)
Cate West(s)
Dream Chronicle(s)
Mystery Case Files - All of them
Samantha Swift(s)
etc.
However, with this game, I feel - connected.

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by cat52 on May 16, 09 2:52 PM
jamz2 wrote:just wanted to know what this "W" game is that e1 talks about?
where do u get it at? has to be more interesting than this game.
Virtual Villagers, sold also by BFG, made by the same people who made Virtual Families. There are three VV games. It does look like a W doesn't it? But it's really 2 V's.

Go to: