bfgAegean
Catfish
Catfish
1,568 Posts

Tips and Tricks for Dragon Portals

[Post New]by bfgAegean on May 15, 09 8:43 AM
Power ups – Power ups are your best friends in Dragon Portals. Whenever you get one be sure to use it. As you progress through the game, you’ll unlock more power ups. In the menu for them, try to find the best combination of the three to supplement your play style so as to be the most successful.

Having trouble
– Along the same token, if you find that you’re having a particularly difficult time passing a few levels, try reworking the power ups you are playing with. It could make all the difference.

Want a better score
– Feel like you could do better? Well, you have the opportunity to do so. All the levels in the game can be replayed to improve on your previous score.

These are just a few hints to help you out. If you have any other suggestions, post them below!

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

Re:Tips and Tricks for Dragon Portals

[Post New]by ecblisa on May 15, 09 9:18 AM
The best tip I can give is to learn how to make many two-level matches, because they score big and clean up your playing field. The easiest (but by no means only) way to do this is to drop a single orb down to make a match below, while having the two sides close into a match above.

nanastell
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by nanastell on May 15, 09 4:53 PM
Hi Lisa, Nice to see you in the pond. Thanks for passing on your tip to the rest of us fishies. You have always come through for me.I knew you would. I hope the other fishies look to you for tips on new games.I hope to see you again in the pond with more good tips. Thanks again nanastell

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

[Post New]by ecblisa on May 18, 09 10:04 PM
After some conversations with the game developer and with BFG, I want to add this, because I sure didn't figure it out on my own: In the "relaxed" mode, you get twice as much time (the dragons drop half as fast) as in the regular mode. It is NOT an untimed version.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jun 9, 09 4:43 AM
ecblisa wrote:After some conversations with the game developer and with BFG, I want to add this, because I sure didn't figure it out on my own: In the "relaxed" mode, you get twice as much time (the dragons drop half as fast) as in the regular mode. It is NOT an untimed version.

I received that explanation too, but I don't think even that is working.

Go to: