Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Jewel Match: Snowscapes here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jan 13, 15 12:33 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 01/13/2015 at 5:24:47 AM PST

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Jewel Match: Snowscapes here.

[Post New]by bfgGlithui on Jan 13, 15 5:25 AM
Good morning!

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Jewel Match: Snowscapes here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Jewel Match: Snowscapes .
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgGlithui

jenny1983
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
488 Posts

[Post New]by jenny1983 on Jan 13, 15 11:53 AM
This game is a match 3 gem. It's complex and actually a bit challenging. It has a relaxed mode (thank you developer) and 100 levels. I've been playing on and off for most of the day and am only on level 20, so the game appears to be very very long.

I'm sure the developer would have liked to have it released closer to Christmas - but he/she is not to blame for when BFG releases games.

I suggest giving this game a full trial if you enjoy M3 games. The Christmas tiles become less noticeable the more you play. And make sure to check the options - you can turn on/off some effects. I always turn off the music so I have no comment on this.

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Jan 13, 15 12:54 PM
I own all of the Jewel Match games and am afraid that this is the worst of the lot. The developer has put in some nice mechanical innovations i.e. stop the revolving jewels, different levels of playing difficulty etc. but they have taken away the very beautiful, colorful, sparkling jewels and given us flat Christmas tree ornaments. I will just wait for their next offering.

kim0530
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by kim0530 on Jan 17, 15 12:32 AM
This is my own personal view on this game. First, Jewel Match: Snowscapes was designed for the holidays. Even though they didn't use the jewels like the previous ones, they wanted this game more in focus on Christmas then anything else. That's the reason why the Christmas music. To me the storyline, is home for the holidays. Being with friends, Christmas trees, food, candles ornaments and snow. A homey feeling. As for the flat Christmas ornaments or revolving doors, if you look at the options they have things like: Music, Effects, Ambient and AutoScroll Speed. There you can lower or higher on those things to your taste. Also, there's interactive help, low resolution, openGL Video, Full Screen, Static Ornaments. If you want the ornaments flat then check if off but if you want sparkling ornaments then check it on.When I check on a game, I check everything including the options. The developers are not taken away the sparkling jewels from the previous games but they wanted to give us something different. For me, I wished that they put this during December but for some reason they didn't. One more thing, I have noticed that some said religious music. What is wrong with that? Besides, any holiday specials have some kind of religious music anyway. What is Christmas all about? Look, people have their own opinions and may not like this game (to each his own} and that's fine but at least check everything.

Edited on 01/17/2015 at 12:35:43 AM PST

[Post New]by Snowdragon_23 on Jan 23, 15 5:46 AM
Like many other reviewers, I own a lot of Jewel Match games. I have really enjoyed this one (currently on level 79).
Easily a buy for me.

moonryu
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by moonryu on Jan 24, 15 9:53 PM
I like this game too, and have played I think most of the other games.
It is challenging -- especially at the upper levels.
The new features -- at least I don't remember it from the last game -- is the number boxes that you have to match next / around to clear. Those are tough to do!!!

The graphics are simply beautiful.

I am looking forward to the next version of the game.

[Post New]by ramblingon on Jan 28, 15 5:51 AM
I have just completed this game using the "Limited Moves" mode and i have thoroughly enjoyed it. The fact that I could choose the above option instead of the also available "Timer" option made it a win-win situation for me. I don't always have the patience and/or frame of mind for a more challenging game. This game was attractive to play and I loved the completed Snowscapes. The fact that the game was available just after Christmas made no difference to my enjoyment. At 100 levels, it is well worth the money. I had a few issues with freezing after level 18, but following the technical advice here and turning off the revolving ornaments solved these. I am gutted now that I have finished it so I may well be off to play it in another mode Thoroughly recommend it!

twodogs3
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by twodogs3 on Feb 1, 15 11:21 AM
I really like the game and I just recently bought Jewel Match IV. But wondering if it is suppose to blinke off and on. I am on level 30 in "Snowcapes and seems like it is broken or slow. My computer maybe, but have been with BIG Fish for nigh on 15 years, off and one, never had trouble like this before. Could someone maybe have a clue what I may check to keep being able to play the games.

Edited on 02/01/2015 at 11:24:04 AM PST

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Feb 1, 15 8:49 PM
I've finished the game multiple times now, and this is quite a challenging M3 in either the limited moves or the timed mode. There are no minigames, HOG scenes, or storyline to get through, it's all M3 except for the snowscape building scenes in between boards. Even if you're an experienced M3 player, don't be surprised if you have to buy time in the timed mode since it's very aggressively timed for such huge boards. Limited moves is considerably easier since it's untimed and there are enough moves given to where you have to think but not frustratingly hard. Soundtrack was annoyingly repetitive to me with snippets of holiday songs all put together into a mix and repeated on a loop...I turned the music off after just a few levels and I usually play games with the music on. The graphics were pretty overall, but the ornaments struck me as both garish and flat at the same time - maybe it was just a bit too much with the details or the neon bright color scheme used? The graphics are at such high detail in the default game settings that you need pretty new equipment to be able to run them (many game options can be tweaked including the graphics).

There's so much that needs to be accomplished to win each level that it's a bit overwhelming, and even though you can make moves constantly, with the scrolling boards and all the things you have to do, it's not a fast playing M3. I really enjoyed it though and will be playing this one on a regular basis!

Edited on 02/01/2015 at 9:24:42 PM PST

marlo327
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by marlo327 on Feb 12, 15 4:56 PM
I think this is the very best jewel game I've played. I love the length. AfterChristmas, I just turned off the sound. Thanks. Marlo

nelliebj
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by nelliebj on Feb 14, 15 3:21 PM
I have been playing this since New Year`s. Still going.... I only play one or two levels a day and each takes some time. I love this game. By the time I`m finished, it`ll be next Christmas! Love that it has 100 levels. Buying the items for the snow scapes is by the way.... it`s playing multiple boards in a single level and finding the necessary keys and amulets to keep going.

Thank you developers. You`ve done it again!! An awesome game.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Aug 10, 15 11:00 AM
I own all the Jewel Match games and with the exception of the first one (Jewel Match), I thoroughly enjoy them. Fun, challenging builder/match 3 games. Great animations and graphics. Music and sound effects quite relaxing.

This one is definitely a Christmastime focused game. The "jewels" aren't jewels but tree ornaments and the villages you build are gorgeous snow covered scenes. The only thing I didn't like about this particular one was the soft Zen-like music is replaced by hymns and carols which made me feel like I was sitting in church. I did turn these off.

Power-ups pop up on the board as well as can be earned via "gold or silver" collection. You have the opportunity to play timed or relaxed which is nice because I always play relaxed. This is a long, addicting game so be prepared for a long ride.

Definitely for a match 3 game it is a 4 out of 5 for me.

Hannah55
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

Extra goodies

[Post New]by Hannah55 on Sep 23, 15 7:04 AM
I wish the game had an option for explaining what all the different power ups did. I keep running across ones that aren't obvious and it drives me nuts. For instance, the rainbow square... how do you use it, what are the parameters? Also, I've recently started getting a bottle with jewels on it that you have to move down to the end to get it off the board, but I have no idea what it is for or what it does. Help please.

Go to: