Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Jewel Match: Snowscapes here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jan 13, 15 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you're using.

Edited on 01/13/2015 at 5:23:11 AM PST

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Jewel Match: Snowscapes here

[Post New]by BearKat on Jan 13, 15 1:16 AM
The game will not allow me to put my name in!

The cursor is stuck flashing at the front end of the word "Player" which is already there. I can add two letters and remove only those two letters!

I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled it, tried checking and unchecking all the boxes in the options, (they all did what they were supposed to) but had no effect on the name box!

I tried adding a name and deleting and re-adding a name! Nothing worked!

The rest of the game played fine!

I really liked the game, and would have purchased, maybe by next Christmas (it is a Christmas game) they can fix this little glitch.

Running W7 Home Premium Ed. 64 bit on an HP TouchSmart All in One with a 23" HD Screen

BK

edt:
I decided to go ahead and purchase the game because I enjoy playing it so much! Thanks to Ashm00r I was able to finally get the game to accept my name!

Edited on 01/15/2015 at 5:24:56 PM PST

[Post New]by bfgGlithui on Jan 13, 15 5:23 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgGlithui

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Jan 13, 15 6:19 PM
I played a few levels but now I can't get anything to work. The screen froze and I had to reboot to get out of it. I kept seeing hints but nothing worked.

I'm on Windows 7 and I think everything is up to date.

I won't be purchasing this game because of the problem.

sayakan
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by sayakan on Jan 13, 15 7:22 PM
error code appears every time I start the game. I am sorry I even can't try this game.

Ivonova
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Ivonova on Jan 14, 15 2:35 PM
I am sure I am going to have to go to the help desk, but just in case some one has a solution, here goes. Lovely playing along at level 17 when suddenly the game goes off and I am back on my desktop. Hmmm, think I. Shrug. Recall the game and dang, if it isn't back at the beginning! Oh, my name is in the player's slot but when I click on "continue game" it zaps me with level 1 and all the stinking "helps" I don't want to be back at level one, I want to continue my level 17 game. Waaaaaaaaaaah

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jan 14, 15 9:46 PM
There's an option to play in windowed mode, but it doesn't work at all. Normally I play my games in windowed mode due to visual field limitations, although with the game boards being bigger than the playing field and needing to scroll around between the "rooms", having full screen is OK. But it would be nice to be able to minimize the game window if I need to do something else (and also so I can keep track of what time it is in the system tray so I don't game until dawn, LOL). I'm on Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Jan 15, 15 1:28 PM
Hey SynthpopAddict

I completely understand wanting an easy way to switch from the game to a different window! One way to do this without needing to put the game in windowed mode is to press Alt+Tab on your keyboard. When you hold down Alt, each click of Tab will take you to a different window, so you can easily choose where you want to go

Ivonova, it sounds like the game is crashing for some reason, so I'd recommend checking out the following help article for steps on resolving this:

If for any reason those steps don't work out, it could help to run the game as an administrator, which would give it some extra permissions from your computer. I'd like to recommend the next help article, which is also my recommendation for the freezing issue Jurinne is seeing:

Run Game as Administrator

If these steps don't resolve the issues, or if you're seeing a different issue, like the error message sayakan has, please contact Tech Support HERE with a Dr. Felix Report, and our Reps will be happy to work with you

bfgVaiya

katbear50
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

[Post New]by katbear50 on Jan 15, 15 7:57 PM
Jewel Match Snowscapes, Level 10 going into
'Stall-and-Freak out' Mode....

Resembles a Bad Acid-Flashback from the 60's.

Enjoying game, and No problems at all ~ til I hit Level 10.
Alt/Del will take me back to Game Manager Screen,
(always use this route, as Admin, for download or access),
where I can then re-access game play...
only to have it happen again & again.
~ My PC Specs ~
ACPI x 64 based PC
Win 7 Home Premium
Dell Inspiron 560
Pentium Dual-Core CPU E5800 @ 3.20 Ghz & 3.20 Ghz
6GB Ram
64 Bit OS
Invidia GeForce GT520
Dell ST2321L Flat Screen Monitor
1920x1080 Pixel Resolution 23" LCD Display

Running Google Chrome
All Drivers/etc up-to-date
Scrubbed in/out on regular basis.

Just ran a fresh Dr. Felix Report,
and will forward, along with this post
to the Tech Help Desk.
=^,,^=
the kat

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jan 16, 15 3:37 PM
I'm by no means a computer techie, so don't know if this will help anyone who is having the stalling and weird graphics problems, but you might want to try going to the game options and clicking on "low resolution" and "static ornaments" so the game won't be using as much of your computer's resources to display the various graphics. Game has been running fine for me so far (I'm in the mid40s level-wise) otherwise, except for not being able to get windowed mode. I do have the default game resolution turned on and the ornaments rotating, and it seems to be a bit of a resource hog since this Jewel Match game seems to play a little slower than others I've tried. Thanks bfgVaiya and Ashm00r for the tips here and the PM; will try those tips out and see if it works.

Update: A big thank you to Ashm00r for suggesting trying out low resolution - that finally made windowed mode work! Interestingly enough, low res in full screen blew the screen out even bigger, so you don't want to play in full screen on low resolution unless you adjust your monitor's resolution settings first.

Edited on 01/16/2015 at 4:21:00 PM PST

[Post New]by vandecatruffles on Jan 21, 15 4:58 AM
I am running a PC windows 7 all up to date, and I just bought this game, everything was going great, and now the cursor does not show up on the game only on the outer part of the board, so I can not play, this sucks, waste of money, I am not a techy, all I wanted was to play the game, what do I do?

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Jan 21, 15 2:43 PM
Hey vandecatruffles

I'm really sorry to see the cursor is only showing on the outer side of the board! Sometimes if certain cursor settings are set a certain way, it can interfere with the game's cursor, so I'd recommend checking out the steps below as a first step:

1. Right click on the desktop and select "Personalize"
2. In the window that comes up, select "Change mouse pointers"
3. When the Mouse Properties window comes up, select the "Pointer Options" tab
4. Please make sure the "Display pointer trails" box is unchecked.
5. Click Apply and then OK to close the window.

If the issue continues, please contact Tech Support HERE with a Dr. Felix Report, and one of our Reps will be happy to work with you.

I hope this helps!

bfgVaiya

[Post New]by joeydoe19 on Jan 22, 15 12:30 PM
Enjoying this game and have played up to level 79. Now the game will not go any further than click yes to continue game. I get the following: Error Access violation at 0x005D2900 (tried to read from 0x00000034) program terminated. I've tried restoring to earlier version, did a diagnostic test on computer, checked numerous on line recommendations. At a loss....I've uninstalled and reinstalled a few times, updated windows, etc. Running on Windows 7

Edited on 01/22/2015 at 7:50:13 PM PST

[Post New]by helmacd on Feb 6, 15 11:37 AM
Level 35
I have just completed level 35 but I don't have a "continue" option from the scene page.
Any suggestions?

Helen

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Feb 9, 15 5:16 PM
I love this game, but it's getting irritating because there are so many errors messages and the game crashes and then you have to restart wiping out any progress.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Feb 9, 15 5:50 PM
Cromaxgal wrote:I love this game, but it's getting irritating because there are so many errors messages and the game crashes and then you have to restart wiping out any progress.

This game is super demanding with the graphics. If your computer is 5 or more years old and/or has integrated graphics (no separate graphics card), it may not be able to keep up with the game since it is a real hog (and I'm not talking about "hidden object game" here ). The only thing I might suggest is to turn on "low resolution" and "static ornaments" in the game options to see if that helps, and to check your screen resolution, because if your resolution is set too low, the game will not display correctly and the buttons on the right side won't work properly (someone else posted about this in another thread).

To check your screen resolution and adjust it, see the link below. I have my resolution set to 1680x1050 which is the highest my monitor will go and the game works fine for me, although windowed mode doesn't work since even higher resolution is needed for windowed unless low resolution is turned on in the game options. The minimum supported screen resolution is 1024x768 according to Ashm00r (another thread).

http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/537/kw/screen%20resolution

[Post New]by zigzag1zebra on Feb 19, 15 6:42 PM
I also have been having this game crash. Also using Windows 7 on PC. It started out fine, then crashed. When I went back after I deleted the game and re-installed it, could no longer enter my name. I have over 125 games from big fish. The rest are running fine. I suggest it may be the program. Thank you.

[Post New]by hicksville on Feb 28, 15 3:57 PM
I got to level 39 and then the problems started. Just like most of you, my player name was deleted and I can't get anything to save. "Anonymous" is the only player name shown. Had to start over at level 1 three times. And every time I play now it freezes at least once. Have been able to use task manager to close in most cases.

Is there a fix coming in the near future? It's a really good game and would hate to have it ignored like some others in the past.

Running Win 8.1 on HP 15 laptop.

[Post New]by lfurem on Apr 22, 15 11:20 AM
At level 15 nothing happens. I get screen but no play button.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 23, 15 8:36 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm so sorry to hear that there are freezing issues and a play button isn't appearing in the screen. I can definitely see how frustrating all of this can be.

It may be helpful to look at the following help page for some troubleshooting steps in regards to the freezing issues:

lfurem, it is very interesting that the play button isn't appearing. I recommend to contact our Customer Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. They can definitely look into this for you!

I hope this helps to get everything up and running like it should.

bfgBellerophon

Go to: