Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

Re:Group play for Scratches has started, you are welcome to join in.

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Feb 1, 12 11:18 AM
marianne, you've missed the bit that gets people lost. It's the spur from the greenhouse to the tree with the pool at its foot.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Feb 1, 12 11:20 AM
govols2 wrote:Mr. Russ

Got the door open and now realize the oil can I have is apparently not the oil I need. I think I need a
You've lost me.
**If you got the door open you must have used the oiler on the wheels.**
The lamp uses kerosene.** You have to wipe and puncture that can before you can click the lamp on it.**

Edited on 02/01/2012 at 11:22:34 AM PST

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Feb 1, 12 11:25 AM
Mr_Russ Ohhhhhhh...yeah, I sure did miss that. In fact, you just taught me that !! All thru the game, there were times I just plain stumbled onto something. Such as: spoiler: putting the can lid on top of the tiny stove. And that's just one example.

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on Feb 1, 12 11:48 AM
well now that I have had my scare for the day think I will take a break and play something a little less scary.

It is now noon on Sunday so have made a little progress. Going to read back through some of the posts as I have no idea what happened to the rope I attached at the top of the tower.

Thank you Mr. Russ for all your help.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Feb 1, 12 11:54 AM
govols2 wrote:Mr. Russ

Got the door open and now realize the oil can I have is apparently not the oil I need. I think I need a

Gov ... I already have one clutched in my left hand ...

well it is night here now and I have just been down the basement and I have to go back down again because what I did down there didn't work and as soon as I clicked on this thread a went on and I realised what I could have done wrong, or more correctly, not done.

I would feel much happier going back into that room if I could have picked up the axe and the pitchfork to protect myself with

Goes to take another fortifying sip only to find the glass is empty so gets a refill, takes a deep breath and heads back singing to give myself courage if I had a - - - - - -

Isn't it great to be wise after the event LOL.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Feb 1, 12 11:54 AM
I'm a LF game player and this one is very hard. But I'm hanging in there. I'm at Sunday 5:00 PM. I'm not going to give up. Thanks Catfish_girl for the Universal Hint system. I like that. I had never heard of it. I like how it just give's you a little hint and then you can move on. If anyone needs help up to where I am, let me know. I'm hanging in there with you all. See you in the house.

Edited on 02/01/2012 at 12:05:48 PM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Feb 1, 12 12:06 PM
govols2, the rope - having attached it to the metalwork above the crumbly wall, make a hole in the wall and click the rope on the hole to feed it through. Now you need an open window...***

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Feb 1, 12 12:12 PM
Hi All,

Although I am not playing the game, I am following this thread. It looks as though you are all having a lot of fun. I look forward to joining the crowd again.

Since Dracula Origins is next on the list I demoed the game. Big Fish doesn't have one but the official Dracula Origins site does have one. I'm not a big Dracula/vampire fan but this game is too well put together to pass up. I'll be ready when you all finish Scratches. For now I will keep following the thread and wait patiently with my

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on Feb 1, 12 12:18 PM
I had already attached the rope and put it through the hole earlier just couldn't figure out what to do from there. I had just went back to the blueprints and got the hint I needed.

Looked around the nursery a bit and I am sure I am missing something. Tried to call Jerry but his line is busy. I am happy though that I have now made it to 3 pm on Sunday. I have decided that Michael is not the brightest bulb because of the climb he just made.

Dialogue, I think we are playing Return to Mysterious Island or something like that next. So that some who don't like the dark and eerie will not have to wait so long for a group play.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Feb 1, 12 12:32 PM
OK I have made it down there and back safely and my was the right one and I am now up to Monday 11:00 but, as DH is out, I am not going to play any more tonight.

It is funny but I don't recall RTR bothering me at all but there is just something really eerie about that basement and the African room that makes me rather uneasy.

Anyway spooked or not I am enjoying the game .

Thanks for the help MrRuss and Marianne .

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Feb 1, 12 12:39 PM
Dialogue wrote: Hi All,

Although I am not playing the game, I am following this thread. It looks as though you are all having a lot of fun. I look forward to joining the crowd again.

Since Dracula Origins is next on the list I demoed the game. Big Fish doesn't have one but the official Dracula Origins site does have one. I'm not a big Dracula/vampire fan but this game is too well put together to pass up. I'll be ready when you all finish Scratches. For now I will keep following the thread and wait patiently with my

Hi Dialogue

I know that Dracula Origin was going to be the next game on the list but there was talk (I think it could have been Popla a few pages back) about doing a lighter game inbetween Scratches and Dracula and Return to Mysterious Island was suggested although I don't think a firm decision has yet been made. I am sure that one of the official organisers will answer that for you in the not too distant future.

glamma
Clownfish
Clownfish
736 Posts

[Post New]by glamma on Feb 1, 12 12:39 PM
Please don't tell anyone, but I played hooky from work today, needed a day off and have been playing all morning. I am more stressed now than I would of been had I worked all day. It is 4pm on Monday and Michael hasn't got the brains to leave when he should.

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Feb 1, 12 12:47 PM
@govols the most important thing in ** the nursery is what is in a drawer** If you missed that you have to go back, I am afraid.

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Feb 1, 12 12:49 PM
govols2 wrote:.

Dialogue, I think we are playing Return to Mysterious Island or something like that next. So that some who don't like the dark and eerie will not have to wait so long for a group play.

Govols2, Thank you for letting me know that. Any of the other games that were on the list will be okay with me although it would be nicer if the game was not dark and dreary. I like the dark and scary games, just not all the time. I have a lot of them. Scratches was just too much for me. I tend to get so engrossed in these games that I dream about them when I sleep. I had no intention of letting Scratches give me any nightmares.

I will wait until Catfish_girl or someone else announces what the next game will be before I buy any game. I'm glad you warned me.

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on Feb 1, 12 1:06 PM
Your welcome Dialogue Would hate for you to buy something if you didn't want to yet. Although I think Dracula Origin will be soon though. Soon being a relative term.

CFG, saw what was in the drawer, the birth certificate thing with the name whitened out. . Read the letter on the chair and looked at the blocks. Did I miss anything ?

Aquatic
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Aquatic on Feb 1, 12 1:07 PM
Hello all! You have been amazingly helpful and fun!

Congrats on your morphs catfish girl and sunshine.
Morphicon is now in my lexicon!

After two nightmares, crawling around in the basement, poking around in the crypt, and digging in the garden,, who besides me thinks Michael should just run to the nearest town and find a pub!

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Feb 1, 12 1:30 PM
@Dialogue although we haven't yet officially decided chances are great we are first going to play Return to Mysterious Island followed by Drac Origen.

Drac Origen seems the most logic choice, because it was shared first with Scratches but there were quite a few people in the poll/voting thread that asked for a lighter game. We can't please everybody and we certainly can't please everybody at the same time, but we can at least try our best.

That's why it makes sense to play a lighter themed game first. All I know for now is that we are going to play both games. Once we've decided we will put up an announcement thread again, hope this helps for now.

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Feb 1, 12 1:37 PM
@govols what you found ** in the nursery, the birth certificate had a date on it. Remember what you did with the first date you got in the game? **

@glamma Sorry, but LMAO here. I won't tell that you played hooky.

LovetoMissLisa your welcome about universal hint system, I got that from another friendly fishie and I love it! Beats a WT, if you ask me, since it just gives little hints.

Aquatic LOL about Michael better of running to the nearest pub. Since I am Michael in this game; I'd like a Single Malt please.

jboliver1999
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jboliver1999 on Feb 1, 12 2:26 PM
glamma wrote:Please don't tell anyone, but I played hooky from work today, needed a day off and have been playing all morning.

Isn't that what sick days are for?

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on Feb 1, 12 2:29 PM
OMG. Seriously games do not usually scare me but Sunday night was scary. Finally made it to Monday morning. Have decided that Michael is mental so am going to take a break for awhile....maybe the rest of the night.

Go to: