glamma
Clownfish
Clownfish
736 Posts

Re:Group play for RtMI started March 3rd, anyone can join in, we welcome more players!

[Post New]by glamma on Mar 4, 12 7:14 PM
No wonder I could not get anywhere, I completely missed the chest on the beach. Much easier to invent stuff with all the ingredients. Now working on code for the sub. I am sure there is logic in there somewhere, I just fail to see it right now.

Bellsprout
Salmon
Salmon
2,692 Posts

Re:Group play for RtMI started March 3rd, anyone can join in, we welcome more players!

[Post New]by Bellsprout on Mar 4, 12 10:42 PM
Hi, all. Haven't had as much time to play this weekend as I intended. I'm still wandering around on the beach. I've picked up a lot of things, but still not able to feed Mina. Perhaps I'll die. Then I will start over. Stuck now trying to make a fire to cook some of the things I've beachcombed.

Glad to be here and have this thread, as I would probably have given up already without it.

Simsane
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by Simsane on Mar 5, 12 1:08 AM
I've finished, wow that was a fun game! Thank you for starting the group play! I wouldn't have been able to do it without the help I received and reading others questions.

**I hated the cannon -- died over and over and over and, well, you get the idea. I swear that the game finally took pity on me cause when I finally did get the robot, it wasn't near my cannon ball, lol! I kept accidentally lighting the wick by moving the match to close.

Then, I tried to use the bow & arrows on the robot by the arch and repeated my dying spree again, lol! Finally switched to the rifle and got him on the first try.

I think it said my score was 307 or 309. Wonder how high you can get? I wasn't able to get the monkeys with the slingshot. I did try but just couldn't do it, so I probably lost some points there. Plus I'm sure there's other stuff that could have been done that I simply didn't even think of.

Fun, fun game. Makes me want to buy the sequel now!

Again, thanks for doing this group play it was really enjoyable!

Edited on 03/05/2012 at 1:19:12 AM PST

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Mar 5, 12 1:16 AM
Thanks for all the congrats .

Congrats on finishing Jofer

Dialogue ... I started playing earlier than most and then I smothered my arm in Bio-freeze which enabled me to continue playing more on than off throughout the weekend . It took me about 2 hours to get Mina fed too and I have faith that you will be able to finish the game and probably without cheating on the last puzzle like I did .

To all those still playing, keep going and bear in mind that dying doesn't hurt .

Simsane
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by Simsane on Mar 5, 12 1:16 AM
Bellsprout wrote:Hi, all. Haven't had as much time to play this weekend as I intended. I'm still wandering around on the beach. I've picked up a lot of things, but still not able to feed Mina. Perhaps I'll die. Then I will start over. Stuck now trying to make a fire to cook some of the things I've beachcombed.

Glad to be here and have this thread, as I would probably have given up already without it.

Hi Bellsprout, cute name by the way! You won't die, it took me a long time to gather stuff for Mina to eat too and then it took even longer to figure out how to make a fire. Oh, and in case you're like me and think that you have to lay the fire making materials out on that rock before you try to light them, you don't. You mix stuff in your inventory until you have the fire and then it will move into the upper right corner of your inventory. Then click on it and then click on the rock.

Also, in many instances there is more than one way to do something. Take fire making -- there are several different combustible items you'll find and there is even several different things you can combine to use as a lighter or match.

For the fire, you will first need to make a lighter or match and then combine it with flammable materials. For example:

**Lighter or match: In your inventory, combine the flint and the knife.

Once you've done that, drag it from that upper right box on to the wood. That will open the spot below the inventory and you'll see an empty space with a question mark. Now pick something else such as the amadou.

Simsane
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by Simsane on Mar 5, 12 1:21 AM
Oh, Cherbtoo, I keep forgetting to tell you that I just love your "artistic" posts. I wish I had the talent to be able to make posts like yours -- just so pretty!

Edited on 03/05/2012 at 1:22:20 AM PST

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Mar 5, 12 1:22 AM

Congratulations on finishing Simsane

You posted while I was typing .

Also congratulaions on your score which is more than mine was . It did flash the amount of maximum points you could get but I only caught a glimpse and am not sure if it was 365 or something like that . As JB has played it more than once she will probably remember and let us know or one of the other more observant people than I.

Simsane
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by Simsane on Mar 5, 12 1:26 AM
Thanks for the congratulations, Cherbtoo. Well, I should be heading to bed now but I bought that Amber game that was on sale yesterday and think I'll play it for a while first. Nighty-night all!

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Mar 5, 12 1:27 AM
Simsane wrote:Oh, Cherbtoo, I keep forgetting to tell you that I just love your "artistic" posts. I wish I had the talent to be able to make posts like yours -- just so pretty!

... Well in that case please can you fill my inkpot now that you are a squid ...

.............................. > / <
............................. > / <
............................ > / <
........................... > / <
.......................... > / <
........................... /

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S

Thank you for the compliment , I can give you instructions if you want to have a go for yourself.

jboliver1999
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jboliver1999 on Mar 5, 12 1:58 AM
Congrats on finishing Simsane The score that you get when you finish is good no matter what it may be because you finished the game. It's only when you become compulsive ( like me ) that you play the game over and over to get a higher score. I'm competing against myself. So far I've hit 392 . I'm trying to find out if you can get 400.

About the destroying of the robots part. Getting them with the bow and arrow is very difficult. You have to aim for the green light underneath . I was able to do 3 like that. That's one of the things that will give you more points because it's tough to do.

To everyone, don't worry about dying. You will. When that happens, you are allowed to try again one step before you just died so you can try again or try something else. I still have that happen to me.

CFG you can put me as finished on the first page because I think I've replayed about 5 times

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

[Post New]by luvtoread on Mar 5, 12 2:09 AM
glamma: in case you cannot figure out the code to get into sub:

Add year of Nautilus and numbers that machine comes up with

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

[Post New]by luvtoread on Mar 5, 12 2:11 AM
jboliver: I too am trying to see how many points I can get. I did make
other battery, doing this one for the challenge.
May land up replaying to beat this score when I am done.

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Mar 5, 12 2:12 AM
Congrats to all who have finished the game! special congrats to jboliver for finishing 5 times

I've updated the playerslist, but I can hardly keep up, so I hope I haven't missed anything.

Congrats to all our Morphees:
Tidewaters
mariannequilts
Simsane

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Mar 5, 12 3:22 AM
Yippee I've finished it....scored 294 points.

Thanks everyone

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Mar 5, 12 3:27 AM
Congrats on finishing, Rumbitothecore!

I am making good progress, I've scored 102 points and I am confused ** game said to save and go to the end of the gallery in the menu, because I surprise was awaiting me????? I have absolutely no clue what it means, and can't find any gallery!? I must be missing something.
Must say the ** recovered monkey comes in mighty handy **

I saved the game, as the game itself said to do so, but what is expected else is beyond me. I just carry on I guess.

Edit cause apparently I can't spell

Edited on 03/07/2012 at 10:32:39 AM PST

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Mar 5, 12 3:39 AM
Thanks Catfish girl. In answer to your question....highlight
The surprise is more artwork in the pictures section of the main menu. You'll get more at 200 pts and I suspect 300 pts.

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Mar 5, 12 3:46 AM
Thanks for clarifying, Rumbi! I found the pics, now I know I can just carry on.

jboliver1999
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jboliver1999 on Mar 5, 12 3:47 AM
Congrats Rumbitothecore !

You're right about the "reward".

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Mar 5, 12 3:49 AM
You can tell I wasn't playing for points. 285 for me.

I do have a question. Where is the potash?

jboliver1999
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jboliver1999 on Mar 5, 12 3:57 AM
Mr_Russ it was across the rope bridge past the mean monkey on the left.

ETA One thing about the potash, it is the only substance ( sulfur, coal, etc.) that you pick up that is in a container.

Edited on 03/05/2012 at 3:59:30 AM PST

Go to: